Open source garage door controller - plugin development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
    If anyone is interested in doing a bit of testing for me and has a unit if they could send me a PM it would be great, the plugin is now in the updater under the 'Security' section. Documentation is available in the link in the updater.
    I thought you had some screenshots of the plugin devices, but I am unable to find them now. Did you put some up on the board?

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
      I thought you had some screenshots of the plugin devices, but I am unable to find them now. Did you put some up on the board?
      Can't remember if I did or didn't but in any case there are some here in the instructions - http://s652164905.websitehome.co.uk/...px#DoorBird 3P
      Last edited by mrhappy; February 7, 2017, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Interesting, just found this out.

How does the % opened/closed work ?

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
          Interesting, just found this out.

How does the % opened/closed work ?
          its not a true figure and not something I use with the plugin, you can set the duration it takes the door to open/close in the settings based on your opener speed. The unit itself only knows whether the door is open/shut on the basis of the reflective sensor. When it opens/closes its calculating for the time elapsed what state the door is in. Personally I never adopted it in the plugin because it is only approximate.

Comment

OK. That is clear.
            Am i correct in saying that the controller will just hit the 'toggle' button on the garage door ?

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
              OK. That is clear.
              Am i correct in saying that the controller will just hit the 'toggle' button on the garage door ?
              Yes that's my belief, there appears to be some sort of what might be an SSR (I don't know if the schematic is open) which I imagine is just pressing the button.

Comment

Yes, stock Garadget uses a reed relay to simulate the opener's button click.
                The info about hardware implementation can be found here.

Comment

Installed today

I received my garadget yesterday, and installed it today. Pretty easy setup, and works as advertised. The iOS app works well, and the plugin looks nice. A nice feature is the integration with Imperihome--it is integrated as a lock and pairs with the garage door icon. Since it is a lock to imperihome you can set it to require a PIN or touchID to open/close.

Now to setup a netcam in the garage to add to the imperihome garage page.

Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue

Comment

Awesome! Happy to hear it worked out nicely for you, @jlrichar!

If you have a moment, please share the pics of your setup including the opener model.

Comment

Can't have a + sign in your password

Hi,

I've found that having a + sign in my password prevented the plugin from connecting to the server.

+ in password was not a problem for the iOS, Android and Web App.

Thanks for making this plugin happen!

Log follows:

Feb-17 5:01:10 PM Garadget 3P Settings Table Reset Called
                      Feb-17 4:59:43 PM Garadget 3P Garadget 3P Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                      Feb-17 4:59:43 PM Garadget 3P Garadget 3P Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                      Feb-17 4:59:05 PM Garadget 3P Garadget 3P Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                      Feb-17 4:59:05 PM Garadget 3P *** Get List Of Devices ***
                      Feb-17 4:59:05 PM Garadget 3P Garadget 3P Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
                      Feb-17 4:59:03 PM Garadget 3P OAuth Token Not Found - Requesting
                      Feb-17 4:59:03 PM Garadget 3P *** Get OAuth Token ***
                      Feb-17 4:59:03 PM Garadget 3P Settings Table Reset Called
                      Feb-17 4:59:03 PM Garadget 3P Start The Connection Thread
                      Feb-17 4:57:30 PM Garadget 3P Garadget 3P Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                      Feb-17 4:57:29 PM Garadget 3P *** Get List Of Devices ***
                      Feb-17 4:57:29 PM Garadget 3P Garadget 3P Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
                      Feb-17 4:57:28 PM Garadget 3P OAuth Token Not Found - Requesting
                      Feb-17 4:57:28 PM Garadget 3P Settings Table Reset Called
                      Feb-17 4:57:28 PM Garadget 3P *** Get OAuth Token ***
                      Feb-17 4:57:28 PM Garadget 3P Start The Connection Thread
                      Feb-17 4:57:16 PM Garadget 3P Settings Table Reset Called
                      Feb-17 4:51:28 PM Garadget 3P Settings Table Reset Called
                      Feb-17 4:50:49 PM Garadget 3P Garadget 3P Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                      Feb-17 4:50:49 PM Garadget 3P *** Get List Of Devices ***
                      Feb-17 4:50:49 PM Garadget 3P Garadget 3P Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
                      Feb-17 4:50:49 PM Garadget 3P OAuth Token Not Found - Requesting
                      Feb-17 4:50:49 PM Garadget 3P *** Get OAuth Token ***
                      Feb-17 4:50:49 PM Garadget 3P Settings Table Reset Called
                      Feb-17 4:50:49 PM Garadget 3P Start The Connection Thread
                      Feb-17 4:50:13 PM Garadget 3P Garadget 3P Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                      Feb-17 4:50:13 PM Garadget 3P *** Get List Of Devices ***
                      Feb-17 4:50:13 PM Garadget 3P Garadget 3P Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
                      Feb-17 4:50:11 PM Garadget 3P OAuth Token Not Found - Requesting
                      Feb-17 4:50:11 PM Garadget 3P *** Get OAuth Token ***
                      Feb-17 4:50:11 PM Garadget 3P Settings Table Reset Called
                      Feb-17 4:50:11 PM Garadget 3P Start The Connection Thread

Comment

Originally posted by philipi View Post
                        Hi,

I've found that having a + sign in my password prevented the plugin from connecting to the server.

+ in password was not a problem for the iOS, Android and Web App.

Thanks for making this plugin happen!

Log follows:

Feb-17 4:59:05 PM Garadget 3P Garadget 3P Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                        Feb-17 4:59:05 PM Garadget 3P *** Get List Of Devices ***
                        Feb-17 4:59:05 PM Garadget 3P Garadget 3P Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
                        Feb-17 4:59:03 PM Garadget 3P OAuth Token Not Found - Requesting
                        Feb-17 4:59:03 PM Garadget 3P *** Get OAuth Token ***
                        Feb-17 4:59:03 PM Garadget 3P Settings Table Reset Called
                        Feb-17 4:59:03 PM Garadget 3P Start The Connection Thread
                        Feb-17 4:57:30 PM Garadget 3P Garadget 3P Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                        Feb-17 4:57:29 PM Garadget 3P *** Get List Of Devices ***
                        Feb-17 4:57:29 PM Garadget 3P Garadget 3P Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
                        Feb-17 4:57:28 PM Garadget 3P OAuth Token Not Found - Requesting
                        Feb-17 4:57:28 PM Garadget 3P Settings Table Reset Called
                        Feb-17 4:57:28 PM Garadget 3P *** Get OAuth Token ***
                        Feb-17 4:57:28 PM Garadget 3P Start The Connection Thread
                        Feb-17 4:50:49 PM Garadget 3P Garadget 3P Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                        Feb-17 4:50:49 PM Garadget 3P *** Get List Of Devices ***
                        Feb-17 4:50:49 PM Garadget 3P Garadget 3P Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
                        Feb-17 4:50:49 PM Garadget 3P OAuth Token Not Found - Requesting
                        Feb-17 4:50:49 PM Garadget 3P *** Get OAuth Token ***
                        Feb-17 4:50:49 PM Garadget 3P Settings Table Reset Called
                        Feb-17 4:50:49 PM Garadget 3P Start The Connection Thread
                        Feb-17 4:50:13 PM Garadget 3P Garadget 3P Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
                        Feb-17 4:50:13 PM Garadget 3P *** Get List Of Devices ***
                        Feb-17 4:50:13 PM Garadget 3P Garadget 3P Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
                        Feb-17 4:50:11 PM Garadget 3P OAuth Token Not Found - Requesting
                        Feb-17 4:50:11 PM Garadget 3P *** Get OAuth Token ***
                        Feb-17 4:50:11 PM Garadget 3P Settings Table Reset Called
                        Feb-17 4:50:11 PM Garadget 3P Start The Connection Thread
                        Thanks for spotting this one - could I ask if you could try this version please see if it helps?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5D...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                          Thanks for spotting this one - could I ask if you could try this version please see if it helps?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5D...ew?usp=sharing
                          I've put version .3 in the updater that should fix this issue, it was with the URL encoding.

Comment

All Good thanks for the update!

Comment

An update on my experience with the garadget garage door opener. Essentially the only thing I have to report is it just works as advertised. I bought this off of eBay from the garadget store. I think it was a returned unit. It was a bit cheaper, but otherwise identical to a new unit. It was very easy to add to my two decade old craftsman opener. The app works well for me and my wife, and devices integrate very nicely with imperihome--even creating devices with an animated garage door icon that shows open/opening/closing/closed status in real time. I know there was some negative feedback from the vendor and his millennial response to a millennial Amazon review. That drama aside my limited interactions with the maker have been direct and honest.

I see a lot of discussion related to MyQ and z-wave solutions. Based on that it seems they have a lot of issues related to either reliability, or integration with a mobile UI. I'm not sure most folks are aware of this hardware and this excellent plugin. If you have an old opener and you want to take the easy, high waf, road then I highly recommend this. This is the one homeseer thing my wife regularly brings up to her friends.

Comment

@garadget or Mr. Happy,

Will your device support myQ on LiftMaster, Chaimberlain, Craftsman, ect. openers and is it IOS only?

J

Comment

Working...
                                X