X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Randy, thanxs for the pointer I totally overlooked the "Status Only Device" option needed to be selected.

Side note: you can still have status values assigned on the Status Graphics tab when selecting the "Status Only Device" option as long as it has "Status" selected.
    Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
    Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
    HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by MNB View Post
      Randy, thanxs for the pointer I totally overlooked the "Status Only Device" option needed to be selected.

Side note: you can still have status values assigned on the Status Graphics tab when selecting the "Status Only Device" option as long as it has "Status" selected.
      I understand that, but since you were specifically creating a "root" device, I didn't think there would be any status values assigned.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Agree. Whilst on the path of learning and implementing, I did some housekeeping and wanted to standardize my root devices with the same icon and status text along with associated device icon (far left).
        Attached Files
        Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
        Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
        HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by Timon View Post
          [RANT]
          ARRRRRRG, I'm getting tired of my Zee S2 not being able to run your wonderful utilities because HS hasn't updated the Zee S2 to run aspx. I understand the issue when running on the original RPi but now that they are on the RPi 2, and wondering why they aren't on the RPi 3, I see no reason why they can't fix the problem with aspx.
          [/RANT]

Anyway, Jon, how hard is it to edit the appropriate files by hand to do this like I needed to do to use your Alexa helper? I don't mind trying since I can always restore a backup if I mess it up.
          Still not possible to use on Zee build right? I used the Zee image to build build my SD, then switched over to using HS3 Std. . .last time I tried, I couldn't use this nice utility. . .

Comment

The problem is running ASPX web pages on the Zee. I got it working but no-one else has
            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
              The problem is running ASPX web pages on the Zee. I got it working but no-one else has
              Hm. Good news! At least someone has been able to solve it. :-). I'll try to give it whirl when I have a chance next week (going camping straight from work today). I can try a fresh build if that will help. I am still on Mono 3.2.8 because I also haven't wanted to spend the time rebuilding my events from the Mono upgrade. . .it appears there is a tool to assist with that now. . .

I'll try it without upgrading Mono first. Would you go straight to Mono 5 or stick with the version that the current RPi build comes with?

Thanks!

Comment

I got it working by downloading the HS3 image and then carrying out the procedure I linked to before doing anything else.
                Jon

Comment

I tried this on my current build tonight (Mono 3.2.8). . .didn't work. . .same error for both test aspx files. I'll try to do some upgrades tomorrow to test again.

Comment

I did a fresh build last night with the pi2 download install. . .test.aspx and testvb.aspx both worked the first time I tried them with a copy of my HS3 Std folder. . .nice. Event export and import process worked to fix my missing triggers. :-) And your grouping script worked too!! :-)

Hoping that tonight I can install my various tweaks (auto startup script, webmin, scheduled backups) and actually migrate to this new build for production.

Comment

Ok. I think I got migrated. :-) An now I can use your grouping utility. :-) Be wanting to use that for years!

My HS3 startup script isn't working when setup via Webmin though. . .will have to research what changed. . .newer version of Webmin as well. . .

Comment

Glad you got it working!
                        Jon

Comment

Purely visual. All devices are still controlled by their respective plugin/script etc.
                          Jon--I was wondering about this myself. You say that it is purely visual, but after reading this description on your website, I thought there was a deeper purpose:

"I got fed up manually adding device references in scripts so wrote this utility to make my life easier."

How does the utility help in this regard? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by socalsharky View Post

Jon--I was wondering about this myself. You say that it is purely visual, but after reading this description on your website, I thought there was a deeper purpose:

"I got fed up manually adding device references in scripts so wrote this utility to make my life easier."

See the end of post #101

But what do you want to acomplish?

Comment

Originally posted by socalsharky View Post

Grouping is purely visual but it makes it easier to find things on the device management page.

Before this utility, you had to use a script. This required you to manually enter device reference numbers for the parent/children you wished to group.
                              Jon

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post

See the end of post #101

But what do you want to acomplish?
                                Nothing in particular. I have seen this utility referenced numerous times on the forum, particularly in posts by Randy. Just wanted to understand exactly what everyone was using it for.

Grouping is purely visual but it makes it easier to find things on the device management page.

Before this utility, you had to use a script. This required you to manually enter device reference numbers for the parent/children you wished to group.
                                Got it. Thanks Jon. I misunderstood, and thought that it helped with writing scripts for other purposes. Cool utility!

Comment

Working...
                                X