No announcement yet.

Jon00 Links For Homeseer 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok. No problem as I can live with it. Just had time during my travels to bring the issue up.

Cheers,

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Trying to get this to work. I get this error when running your script:

Compiling script C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\Jon00Links.vben: 'HttpUtility' is not a member of 'Web'.

I have place the scripting reference correctly in the Settings.ini folder without spaces and saved the file. What's odd is that I thought maybe a Homeseer restart was in order and when I did that, the new scripting references weren't there anymore, just the old ones. When I save and close and then reopen settings.ini, the references are there but when I restart homeseer they are gone. Searching computer for system.web.dll shows the files are present in Microsoft.Net/assembly.... and Microsoft.Net/framework... folders.

This is my current scripting reference

Code:
      ScriptingReferences=System.Data.SQLite;C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Bin\System.Data.SQLite.dll,System.IO;System.IO.dll,System.Net;System.Net.dll

Comment

You need to add the entry to Settings.ini when Homeseer is shut down. There has been a change with recent versions of Homeseer which require this shut down.
        Jon

Comment

That did it.

But now the JonLinks.ini file was not there. Guess I need to add that and configure it while Homeseer is shutdown as well.

This new change in Homeseer is a PITA.

Comment

Links to Help docs?

Jon

Is it possible to create links with this script to launch help docs from the /Docs directory?

e.g. /Docs/Jon00LinksHS3.pdf

I couldn't see any reference to this in the pdf or on this thread, but it would be very useful. If it's not currently available I see it as a great enhancement, unless there's already an easy way to modify the existing Tools->Help page.

Cheers
            James
            cheeryfool

Comment

The only way would to be to copy the contents of the Docs folder to the html directory. You could then launch the document from a URL i.e.

6Title="MyDocument1"
              6URL="/docs/mydocument1.pdf"
              Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                The only way would to be to copy the contents of the Docs folder to the html directory. You could then launch the document from a URL i.e.

6Title="MyDocument1"
                6URL="/docs/mydocument1.pdf"
                So simple. Thanks
                cheeryfool

Comment

Pull down menus in Jon00Link

John ; Is 12 the most items that can be used on the pull down menus ?? I think you answered this above yet I just want to insure that I cann't just add on a couple more items by just adding more Titles and URLs ...

TIA
                  Dave

Comment

Originally posted by dem5867 View Post
                    John ; Is 12 the most items that can be used on the pull down menus ?? I think you answered this above yet I just want to insure that I cann't just add on a couple more items by just adding more Titles and URLs ...

TIA

Dave
                    cheeryfool

Comment

I don't believe there is a limit. As CF states, just add additional entries in the ini.
                      Jon

Comment

HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                        Plugin's:
                        BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                        EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                        weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

I don't believe it is the links that are at fault; rather you cannot seem to view aspx web pages via MyHS?
                          Jon

Comment

cheeryfool

Comment

What other solution do you use? I will sometimes TeamViewer into a home computer but wondered if there was a better way.

HS3 3.0.0.409 & HSTouch 3.0.52 with 602 Devices, 270 Events
                              Plugin's:
                              BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
                              EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, UltraRachio3,
                              weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, Z-Wave 3.0.1.190
                              HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                              Plugin's:
                              BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                              EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                              weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
                                What other solution do you use? I will sometimes TeamViewer into a home computer but wondered if there was a better way.

HS3 3.0.0.409 & HSTouch 3.0.52 with 602 Devices, 270 Events
                                Plugin's:
                                BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
                                EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, UltraRachio3,
                                weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, Z-Wave 3.0.1.190
                                I have OpenVPN configured on my pfSense firewall, so at a pinch I can use my iPhone - I cannot install a VPN client or certs at my work. I also use Domotz.com to remotely access a desktop at home. It's an agent that runs on my NAS and monitors devices inside my network, but it also (like myhs) maintains an outbound SSL connection to Domotz's servers. You can remotely access a web view of your devices over secure connection, then tunnel back in over this connection for a few services - RDP, Telnet/SSH, http(s). There is a licence for it and there's a data cap, but it's been very useful to me over the last 2 years or so.
                                cheeryfool

Comment

Working...
                                X