Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laest Kodi v18 build not working 100% with plugin

@Spud

All has been working fine on an old (May 2017) build of Kodi v18. I recently installed an up-to-date v18 build and it seems that the plugin is properly connecting and recognizing the activities but my Events are no longer being triggered. Most of my events trigger based on pause/play/stop videos.

I checked my events and they are fine - I can trigger manually and they work

I can event control Kodi from your plugin perfectly and all Homeseer Koid devices update perfectly - but still, the events do not trigger.

Logs attached

Thx for the help
    Attached Files

What is the ip of the Kodi instance with the issue?

If you use native triggers like "a device changes and becomes" and you say the device values are correctly updated then the problem is either with your event or with HS3 itself. The plugin does not have any control on that.

I will try to install Kodi v18 later this week.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      What is the ip of the Kodi instance with the issue?

If you use native triggers like "a device changes and becomes" and you say the device values are correctly updated then the problem is either with your event or with HS3 itself. The plugin does not have any control on that.

I will try to install Kodi v18 later this week.
      Do You mean did the IP Address change? No, that's I mentioned all the devices still updated fine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
        Do You mean did the IP Address change? No, that's I mentioned all the devices still updated fine.

No, I wanted to know what is the IP address of the Kodi instance you updated to v18 because in the log I see several instances and it's hard to tell which one has an issue?

Comment

No, I wanted to know what is the IP address of the Kodi instance you updated to v18 because in the log I see several instances and it's hard to tell which one has an issue?

Comment

Today's Log attached.

Figured out a few things...

1. The plugin Disconnects and will not reconnect on its own. And when it shows Connected, still acts like its not.
            ... I know this because soon as I removed the line from my Events that looked for it to be Connected (Condition = Connected), the events started firing.

2. After removing the 'Connected' Condition, my 'Pause' Event (see screen shot) would fire randomly. Thus, the plugin thought it was paused even though the Kodi Device still showed Playing.

I have a few suggestions based on this, which will also make thigns easier in Events...

When Kodi is disconnects, clear ALL devices... Status & Volume don't clear like the others do. This will fix it so we no longer need to check for connection in Events to be able to use the Status properly.

Homeseer Event Log & Plugin Log attached
            Attached Files

Comment

See anything ? I installed an older version of Kodi v18 and it has no problem connecting. But, I'm still having a problem where it think it has been paused .. Triggering an event it should not be

Comment

I haven't tested Kodi v18 yet, but I saw it has some breaking changes in the JSON API.

I would advise to stay on v17 for now as v18 is still in Beta and months from being released.

Comment

I haven't tested Kodi v18 yet, but I saw it has some breaking changes in the JSON API.

I would advise to stay on v17 for now as v18 is still in Beta and months from being released.
                  I'm probably not going back to 17. There are several things in 18 that are better or fixed for me.

Still, if you could incorporate the change where a disconnect clears the child devices that would help us create more useful, and accurate, events for Kodi.

Thx

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
                    I'm probably not going back to 17. There are several things in 18 that are better or fixed for me.

Still, if you could incorporate the change where a disconnect clears the child devices that would help us create more useful, and accurate, events for Kodi.

Thx

when a disconnects occurs, the status device is switched back to "stopped" which is the correct behavior, I don't want to add an additional possible value for this device.

Comment

Came here to start a new thread about upcoming leia api breaking changes, and found this thread.

Im keen to find as much info about this as possible as i have a seperate project that interacts with kodi the same way as this plugin and can also see breakages with my code base.

I've asked over on the kodi forum for more info on the change, and how we can get around it or if this is game over for remote control of kodi. i can't imagine that it would be, as it would break all the android / ios remotes out there that also use json to interact.

anyway, back to quietly reading along intently.

Comment

Originally posted by OliP View Post
                        Came here to start a new thread about upcoming leia api breaking changes, and found this thread.

Im keen to find as much info about this as possible as i have a seperate project that interacts with kodi the same way as this plugin and can also see breakages with my code base.

I've asked over on the kodi forum for more info on the change, and how we can get around it or if this is game over for remote control of kodi. i can't imagine that it would be, as it would break all the android / ios remotes out there that also use json to interact.

anyway, back to quietly reading along intently.
                        here is a thread with some details about the JSON API changes in Leia: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=324598

Comment

Just adding to this thread. I am a Kodi 18 early adopter because of the Netflix support. I have all my Rasberry pi and Windows PC running the Alpha builds.

I have noticed that several events that i have as well that used to run are now broken like: turn off living room lights when kodi changes to playing. And also control a zwave binary switch when kodi disconnects.

Spud is there anything we can do to get this working short of reverting to Kodi 17. I think we are close to a beta release here. Any chance we can get a beta plugin that will work with the new JSON changes?

Comment

It looks like they are still adding breaking changes to the API, so I would like it to be a bit more stable before I take a look.
                            Let me know when v18 alpha2 is released.

Comment

I've been on alpha 1 for a while now, the plugin is working well for me.
                              Originally posted by skarragallagher View Post
                              Just adding to this thread. I am a Kodi 18 early adopter because of the Netflix support. I have all my Rasberry pi and Windows PC running the Alpha builds.

I have noticed that several events that i have as well that used to run are now broken like: turn off living room lights when kodi changes to playing. And also control a zwave binary switch when kodi disconnects.

Spud is there anything we can do to get this working short of reverting to Kodi 17. I think we are close to a beta release here. Any chance we can get a beta plugin that will work with the new JSON changes?

Comment

Working...
                              X