This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W2C speech thru sound card

I just picked up a Way2Call from eBay, hoping to replace the PCI modem. The W2C did not come with setup cd, so I downloaded the latest drivers from their site.

Things seem to be working fine with the exception of the speech that SHOULD come thru on the phone is coming thru on the house speakers. I've researched this on the board, and did find an oooold thread:

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthrea...ay2call+speech

I've followed those directions several times, but am still not having any luck.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a fix?

Help!

Brian

What speech are you needing through the phone??

TrOjAn

Comment

Well... the answering service provided by HSP for example... when someone calls, they don't hear they need to leave a message... because it's announced thru the house speakers rather than the phone.

If I press #, I hear "Yes sire" over the house speakers rather than the phone.

If I give a command over the phone, any responses are spoken over the house speakers rather than the phone.

I forgot to mention... I'm running HS 2.2.0.66.

Brian

Comment

To update this, if it makes any difference:

Any tts is spoken thru the house speakers, but the wave file that "beeps" after "yes sire" is spoken DOES come through on the phone.

I'm still searching the boards, trying everything I read, but am having no luck thus far.

Thanks for any input that you can provide...

Brian

Comment

Have you set it up right , ie: created a line under HSphone preferences and set up all the stuff under there??

TrOjAn

Comment

Under the Text to Speech settings for the W2Call, what is listed under Speaker App for Announcements? Mine is blank and it works properly. I do remember someone else having trouble with this and I believe that was the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by TrOjAn View Post
              Have you set it up right , ie: created a line under HSphone preferences and set up all the stuff under there??

TrOjAn

Yep, and I've deleted and recreated that line using a different name each time... but still no luck.

Thanks for checking on me though!

Comment

Originally posted by Alconnell View Post
                Under the Text to Speech settings for the W2Call, what is listed under Speaker App for Announcements? Mine is blank and it works properly. I do remember someone else having trouble with this and I believe that was the problem.

Mine is blank also. I've tried all the different voices... all resulting in no change in this behavior.

I should also note I'm running this on w2k.

Thanks for your suggestion!

Brian

Comment

Try deleting you HSPhone.ini and then restarting HomeSeer and then reset you line and see if that works. Also is this the USB version of the Way2Call?
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I deleted the ini file... and that has now changed things a bit.

As I said before, speech would be announced over the house speakers. Now, nothing is announced, not over the house speakers nor the phone.

A check of the log shows this:

HSPhone Line: W2C Speak: yes sire

So it shows that it should've spoken it over the phone line.

Maybe this is progress... maybe it's not, but it's where things stand at this point.

Also, this is the USB version - sorry, I should've noted that earlier.

Thanks!

Brian

Comment

I should note though that wave files are still played over the phone... I just don't have any speech over the phone or the house speakers.

Comment

What voice are you using for your announcments?
                        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

For the house speakers I'm using Paul - 16k. For the phone I had been using Kate - 8k.

I've since tried every voice for the phone, including MS Mary, Sam, and the other one (the name escapes me at the moment).

Comment

Is the service ''Windows Audio'' running?
                            Peter

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

Comment

Check Control Panel/Speech/Text to Speech/Audio Output. Is "Use Preferred Audio Device" checked?

Comment

Working...
                              X