Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you need to read the instructions to the end

Resetting the database:
    The database is held within the virtual device. To reset, simply delete the virtual device and allow the script to automatically re-create a new one.
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
      I think you need to read the instructions to the end

Resetting the database:
      The database is held within the virtual device. To reset, simply delete the virtual device and allow the script to automatically re-create a new one.
      yah, my bad, i read that paragraph right "after" i posted the question.

ok, so that method is going to cause me to submit a feature request

Can you add optional keys to each graph section for device location1 and location2 so i can set these values according to my needs rather than your default value. this way when the code recreates a device it will end up with my values and i won't need change the manually.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I did not think that people would want to reset the graph regularly hence the delete method.

I think it would be better to do this programmatically via a script call. Thoughts?
        Jon

Comment

html tags in title

1- I HAVE checked the .pdf instruction file at first, it does not mention the possibility to insert image tags in the Title, textBefore or textAfter of a graph.
          2- I have tried to insert tags anyway.
          3- It won't work.

4-Could this be included in a feature release ?

It is so easy to ask for more when you are already satisfied...
          Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

The problem is that I replace any spaces in the text with no break spaces (&nbsp which would upset any html code that uses spaces.

I'll see what I can do.
            Jon

Comment

Excellent script Jon I just downloaded it and I want to use it to insert some graphs for power usage and maybe temperature history into my HSTouch touchscreen. I've run into a bit of a problem, though, and I'm not sure what's wrong.

HSTouch allows you to use a device image for an element, but for some reason when I try to use the device image from any of the graphs I've created I just get a single dot. I'm not sure if you're doing something funky with the image that HSTouch doesn't like or what. Do you have any thoughts here?

Frankly, I don't really need this to be an HS device to get it into HSTouch. If your script was able to simply create a .gif or .jpg (or maybe even .bmp) image for each graph I could just insert that image into HSTouch.

Also, rather than allowing the script to automatically adjust the scale I'd like to be able to put a minimum and a maximum value in the INI file. That way the scale won't change, so I'll be able to externally label it with HSTouch.

Thanks again

Brett

Comment

I ran into the same problem sending the perfmon graphs to HST as a device. I ended up using the webpage builder to put just the graphs I wanted onto a single page and then showing that. worked fine, it just wasn't as easy as just showing a device.
                Marty
                ------
                XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
                Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Any mechanism to update all defined graphs in a single call without knowing/caring what the ids are?

Something like ("Main", "*") vs ("Main", "1|2|3|4").

Comment

No, It was never done as there were so many methods to update the graph.
                    Jon

Comment

Would it be possible/simple to add?

I'm looking to graph all kinds of things and update every 5 minutes. When I add a graph I would like it to "magically" be updated with the rest of the defined graphs instead of remembering the graphing event needs to be updated, finding said event, and modifying it.

Comment

I don't see a problem adding this. I'll take a look over the weekend.
                        Jon

Comment

Try V1.04. As you suggested, it uses "*" to define all graphs.
                          Jon

Comment

Jon,

I am trying to figure out how to get the following into two devices.

I need the high and low only no text into two seperate devices.

Can you please assist.

Thanks

Thom
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here is a simple VB.NET Script which will extract the information. You will probably need to run it after the graphing utility is run.

You will need to create 2 virtual devices (shown as A1 and A2 in the example)
                              In the script you will see the INISetting set to Graph1 - Change this to the correct Graph you are using.

PHP Code:
                              Sub Main(ByVal Parm As Object)

Dim HighValue As String hs.GetINISetting("Graph1","HighValue","","Jon00VDGraphing.ini")
                              Dim LowValue As String hs.GetINISetting("Graph1","LowValue","","Jon00VDGraphing.ini")
                              hs.setdevicestring ("A1",HighValue " °F")
                              hs.setdevicestring ("A2",LowValue " °F")

end sub 
                              Last edited by jon00; August 17, 2009, 12:58 AM.
                              Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon,

I am using graph 1 so I do not need to change that . I saved it as a .vb file and changed the A1 to the correct house codes but when I run the even I get this.

8/16/2009 9:57:19 PM SCR 8/16/2009 9:57:19 PM Error Script compile error: String constants must end with a double quote.on line 168/16/2009 9:57:19 PM Event Running script in background: Maestro Weather Highs & Lows.vb

Any idea why?

Thanks

Thom

Comment

Working...
                                X