No announcement yet.

Jon00 Virtual device graphing utility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, I left a couple of quotation marks out.

I've corrected the script I posted earlier.
    Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon!!!!

Comment

Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

Sorry Pierre, I have no idea.

I would suspect it's an issue with your system, rather than the script.
          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by GreenAcres View Post
            Thanks Jon!!!!
            My wife is asking if at midnight I can have that graph set itself back to zero. Because it is te daily highs and lows.

Thanks

Thom

Comment

The only way would be to delete the virtual device showing the graph at midnight. The script would then re-create the virtual device and start a fresh graph with new high/low values.

You cannot reset the database of the graph as is because it's showing the highs and lows of the graphing period that is being displayed. You have to completely clear the graph to do what you want.
              Jon

Comment

That is cool, I do not care about the graph for the previos day. Can that be done easily?

Thanks

Thom

Comment

Sure,

Create an event that fires 30 seconds before midnight and add the immediate scripting command:

&hs.deletedevice("A1")

Change A1 to the correct House code.
                  Jon

Comment

8/18/2009 7:37:10 PM Error Running script, init error: Class doesn't support Automation: 'hs.deletedevice'
                    8/18/2009 7:37:10 PM
                    Event Running script statement immediately: &hs.deletedevice("W1")
                    8/18/2009 7:37:10 PM
                    Event Event Trigger "Reset Daily Highs & Lows For The Day"

Thom

Comment

Oops...I had not used that command in years - it should be:

&hs.deletedevice(hs.getDeviceRef("A1"))
                      Jon

Comment

Ok Thanks

Thom

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                          Try V1.04. As you suggested, it uses "*" to define all graphs.
                          Working perfectly. Thank you.

Comment

Hi Jon,
                            Just getting started with charts and found yours to be the only ones I can figure out, as I am not a programmer. Thank you for creating this script to allow simple charting.

I have two suggestions for cosmetic/functionality improvement:

1. Specified Min and Max rather than auto-scaling (already suggested earlier)

2. Horizontal marker line - e.g. at 0, or at a setpoint, or alarm point(s)

I have not idea if these are possible, just a thought. Again, thanks for your efforts!

Comment

Due to the way the graphs are constructed, it would be extremely hard to draw a horizontal line as a set point etc. This would be lots of work (re-write)and not on the agenda!

The only addition I can make would be to insert a fixed defined value as the first reading (which could be the specified max value). This would cause the graph to auto scale to include that value.

So If this defined value was set to 100 for example, and you had data values around the 40-60 mark, the graphs would only show around half of the display height and stop auto scaling.

Would that be useful?
                              Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,

On the Horizontal line, I understand and appreciate your consideration.

On the min/max, I am not exactly sure how it would work:
                                1. It only specifies the max, but the min still floats?

2. Would the reported max (aka high) next to the graph then be this "first reading" or would it be excluded from the min/max calculations?

If you could execute this "first reading" as max, is it possible to execute a "second reading" or "last reading" as min?

If I can specify both min and max, I get 2 benefits:
                                1 - I can control the consistency of all my graphs of a certain type, regardless of when they were reset or what actual observations had occurred. Example groups that I would like to be consistent: outside temps, inside temps, Temp rate of change, switches (Max=1, min=0), etc.
                                2 - I could then calculate and specify a Markerheight to use as a pseudo horizontal line. e.g If I have a Temperature graph with a min=0, max=100, Height=100 (just to make it simple!!), I can create a Markerheight=32 to represent Freezing.

Thanks again for a great script!

Comment

Working...
                                X