X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Streaming Video - Newbie Question

Hello all,

I am almost ready to buy HomeSeer HS2 Pro. I need to verify that I can stream video remotely to my ipad and iphone. I was going to purchase Mi Casa Verde but was told this could not be done.

So, can I remotely stream video from with in the HomeSeer Touch mobile App when outside my home network? Please let me know. I really want to buy this and get going...

Thanks!
    Rob

Yes you can. I just bought this, I can stream to an iphone and ipad and to a blackberry playbook side loaded with the android app using wifi remotely. I can also stream to the iphone using cellular. I stream with webcamxp free version

Comment

Just to be clear, "steaming" through HStouch is just refreshing a static image at some defined rate. It is not going to pull a H.264 AVI stream.

The intention is to have this video stream be from say, an IP cam, which has an MJPEG or some other stream. Then, the video object is pointed to that stream, and you tell it what rate you want it to run, and it will pull images for you.

I do this to "cap" bandwidth. I.e. I have a page that shows all my cameras at 1 frame every 5 seconds. If you CLICK one camera, it will pull into a new window that runs at rate of "0", which means as fast as bandwidth will allow.

--Dan
      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

There is alot of confusion about HSTouch's ability to stream video, if it will open in your browser then it will work inside HSTouch also. I use BlueIris and it includes a web server to access it remotely, I set up a single web page (cut n paste) with only the camera image on the page (jpeg, mjpeg, or h264 depending on the client) for each camera. When rendered in HSTouch it is a true web page not the (Is Video True) way, the stream comes straight from my camera server a does not pass through my Homeseer server like the refreshing jpeg way. If you need more help I can explain more.
        John

Comment

Originally posted by lj502 View Post
          if it will open in your browser then it will work inside HSTouch also.
          John
          I disagree with that. I can have plugins that work to provide video and what-not. They do NOT necessarily work in HST. In Windows I agree, it is probably OK, but take that same stream to i<device> or Android, and it doesn't mean it will work. The only way I've found is IF when you access your stream through a weblink, it actually ends up being a static frame of what was in the video stream at the time you made the web call.

Unless you are trying to say, if you can open the video stream as a static image through your browser, you can open it in HST? Then, I think that is what I was saying.

Of course, I'd be happy to be proven wrong, as that will give me yet another way to access my cameras and what not.

--Dan

P.S. if you use the IS Video method, you do not have to open any extra ports as the HST SERVER will pull the video frame and forward it to the Client (as was hinted at above, by DIRECT access, you bypass the server)
          Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

The best way to accomplish this is to wrap the cameras built in web interface and reference this via an iFrame in a new web page in HSTouch. This works most of the time.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hi Rupp,

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              The best way to accomplish this is to wrap the cameras built in web interface and reference this via an iFrame in a new web page in HSTouch. This works most of the time.
              Interesting! Unfortunately, I have no idea of how to achieve what you describe. Would you please be kind enough to elaborate a bit?

Many thanks in advance,
              Nicolas

Comment

Working...
              X