No announcement yet.

Jon00 Philips Hue Wi-Fi Lamp Controller for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I expect that can be added. I will be unable to use the + as this is already used in the command string for something else. Maybe the ^ character.
    Jon

Comment

V1.0.5 is now available.

This version allows you to increase or decrease the brightness for a single lamp.
      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
        V1.0.5 is now available.

This version allows you to increase or decrease the brightness for a single lamp.
        <like>

BTW, in the mean time I was able to 'brighten' a lamp using the following code
        H2 = Hue lamp 2
        &hs.SaveVar "Jon00PH","(2,0,1," & round((hs.devicevalue(H2)+10)*2.54) & ",,,5,,,,)"
        It takes the current brightness percentage (device value), adds 10 to it and multiplies it to match the appropriate range (brightness between 0-255)
        (brain hurts )

PS. I have created an Excel Sheet that allows you to create events, actions, etc. really easy and copy/paste the complex command/result into homeseer.
        Will post this in the next week or so.

Comment

Originally posted by DJF3 View Post

PS. I have created an Excel Sheet that allows you to create events, actions, etc. really easy and copy/paste the complex command/result into homeseer.
          Excellent! I can add it to the download if you want (with credit to you in the docs).
          Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,

Ok, I give.. Adding this to my pile of HA projects. Picking up the starter kit this afternoon at Apple. Did you ever get the spreadshhet of commands from DJF3?

Chris

Comment

No not yet...but you will not need it unless you really want to do some complex lighting plans!
              Jon

Comment

excel would be nice

Originally posted by DJF3 View Post
                <like>

BTW, in the mean time I was able to 'brighten' a lamp using the following code
                H2 = Hue lamp 2
                &hs.SaveVar "Jon00PH","(2,0,1," & round((hs.devicevalue(H2)+10)*2.54) & ",,,5,,,,)"
                It takes the current brightness percentage (device value), adds 10 to it and multiplies it to match the appropriate range (brightness between 0-255)
                (brain hurts )

Best,
                Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

Having trouble getting plugin to start

Hey Jon,

I believe I've followed the instructions but for some reason when try and execute the plugin from the start folder is returns an error the the plugin has stopped working and then fails. I can't seem to get past this point.

Any ideas why this might be?

Thanks!

Greg

Comment

Did you copy the Homeseer Dll's to the client directory?
                    Jon

Comment

I put them in C:\phillips hue controller

Is that correct?

Thanks

Greg

Comment

ok, I got it to execute. My directory was named wrong, but now it's saying there are no lamps detected. I know they work from the iPad app, so is there something else I'm missing?

Thanks again

Greg

Comment

here's the log file:

4/6/2013 12:48:05 PM - Jon00_PhilipsHue - Starting plugin...
                          4/6/2013 12:48:05 PM - Jon00_PhilipsHue - Connected (192.168.1.150)
                          4/6/2013 12:48:05 PM - Jon00_PhilipsHue - Version: 1.0.5
                          4/6/2013 12:48:05 PM - Jon00_PhilipsHue - Warning: Your ZigBee IP bridge has not been registered with Homeseer - see documentation
                          4/6/2013 12:48:05 PM - Jon00_PhilipsHue - Warning: No lamps detected!

Comment

Thanks Jon, I got it up and running.

-Greg

Comment

Good stuff...I hope you did not find the documentation too confusing.
                              Jon

Comment

Hey Jon,

Got the plugin working but for the life of me I can't get a script to run. I have to confess I've never scripted anything before so I read up on making a simple script to turn a light off. Got that working but when I start pasting some of the syntax you all have posted here I start to run into trouble.

Here's the syntax I'm using to try and set the light to 3000k:

Sub Main ()
                                &If hs.DeviceStatus("L02")<>3 then
                                hs.SaveVar "Jon00PH","(1,0,0)" else
                                hs.SaveVar "Jon00PH","(1,0,1,255,,,,3000)"
                                end if
                                End Sub

My Hue Light is set to device ID L02.

The log files shows this when I try and run the script:

4/6/2013 3:48:29 PM - Event - Event Trigger "light test"
                                4/6/2013 3:48:29 PM - Event - Running script in background: lightoff.vbs
                                4/6/2013 3:48:29 PM - Error - Running script, script run or compile error in file: lightoff.vbs1042:Must be first statement on the line in line 3 More info: Must be first statement on the line

Since I really haven't done this before I really don't understand what the problem is as the log file doesn't really tell me exactly what's wrong. It seems no matter what code I drop in from the examples here I always get an error message similar to this one.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks again

Greg

Comment

Working...
                                X