Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 WiFi LED Lamp Controller (Limitless MiLight EasyBulb)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

17/10/2014 22:21:28 ~!~Error~!~Running script(2) &hs.savevar "Jon00EB1","PBLUE"("&hs.savevar ("Jon00EB1","PBLUE")"), init error: Syntax error
    17/10/2014 22:22:00 ~!~Error~!~Running script(1) &hs.savevar ("Jon00EB1"),("PBLUE")("&hs.savevar ("Jon00EB1","PBLUE")"), init error: Expected ')'

17/10/2014 22:22:35 ~!~Error~!~Running script(1) &hs.savevar ("Jon00ML1"),("PBLUE")("&hs.savevar ("Jon00EB1","PBLUE")"), init error: Expected ')'

Same issue on HS3, new hardware, fresh Win 7 64bit Install
    EXE runs without error and controls the lights and says Connected to HomeSeer

Event causes above errors, tried a few different things (seperately) each didnt make any lights change.

Im on a 30 day trial of HS3 fresh install
    .net is installed
    any other dependencies i can check for?

Comment

Can you confirm that the plugin is correctly configured in the settings and you are getting the connected to Homeseer messages in the log i.e.

Jon00_WiFiLED Starting plugin...
      Jon00_WiFiLED Connected (XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX)
      Jon00_WiFiLED Client: 1
      Jon00_WiFiLED Version: 1.X.X
      Jon00_WiFiLED Ready

You misunderstand the use of the "&" and must only be used once at the beginning to tell HS it is a script statement.

In HS2 you would use:

&hs.savevar "Jon00EB1","PBLUE"

In HS3 it would be:

&hs.savevar ("Jon00EB1","PBLUE")

For multiple entries it would be (HS2):

&hs.savevar "Jon00EB1","PBLUE":hs.savevar "Jon00EB1","RED"

HS3:

&hs.savevar ("Jon00EB1","PBLUE"):hs.savevar ("Jon00EB1","RED")
      Last edited by jon00; October 17, 2014, 06:03 PM.
      Jon

Comment

Last edited by OliP; October 17, 2014, 05:55 PM. Reason: adding img

Comment

No image at the moment. Can you answer my first question about connection to HS?
          Jon

Comment

Sorry, yes the logs show i am connected.
            The plugin also confirms, "Connected to HomeSeer"

Screenshot:
            http://bayimg.com/pAcIeaagb <- my event script
            http://bayimg.com/AaCJDaaGb <- plugin settings

Again to confirm, the command strings work fine when put directly into the plugin

Logs:
            Oct-18 00:37:06 Jon00_WiFiRGBW Ready
            Oct-18 00:36:46 Jon00_WiFiRGBW Version: 1.0.1
            Oct-18 00:36:46 Jon00_WiFiRGBW Client: 1
            Oct-18 00:36:46 Jon00_WiFiRGBW Connected (127.0.0.1)
            Oct-18 00:36:46 Jon00_WiFiRGBW Starting plugin...

Comment

Screenshot:
              http://bayimg.com/bAcjFaAgb

So when i update your variable manually, it works!
              When i found the screenshotted page, the variable was empty.
              So something in the code is not setting the variable correctly, hence the syntax error.

Comment

That screenshot is from HS3. In HS3 don't you need to add the parenthesis?

&hs.savevar ("Jon00EB1","PBLUE")
                Karl S
                HS4Pro on Windows 10
                1070 Devices
                56 Z-Wave Nodes
                104 Events
                HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Here is a screen shot to assist:
                  Attached Files
                  Jon

Comment

Got it going!

Turns out i had some data left over in the "Sub or Function" field which was hidden.

Thanks for your assistance all, greatly appreciated!

Comment

Unable to send commands to milight successfully

I am at the end of my ropes trying to figure out how to send commands to the milight unit. So let me explain what I have tried below and hopefully someone can critique my failed attempts.

I bought these two units:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My goal is to control the LED strip lights via homeseer commands. I attempted using both plugins from Jon00 (thanks for the hard work and effort put into these) but have been unable to control the lights from there. I have tried both programs with the following settings

IP address assigned via DHCP (checked router for the IP address assigned to the mac address for the MIfilight)
                      Ports: 50000, 8899, 48899
                      Control # 1,5
                      and am unable to control any of the lights via the Jon00 exe files.

I know I have the correct IP address for the unit as I have accessed it via the internet explorer browser only to find an upload option for new firmware. After reading up about this I have come to the conclusion that I must have a V3-4 Milight controller.

http://www.limitlessled.com/dev/

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Comment

I have that same bridge, levianthaxx, purchased from lednet and fought it a bit difficult as well. Jon's reply to me easily solved the issue, using an older version of his script:
                        Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                        Have you tested both versions? If you tried the Jon00 WiFi RGBW LED Controller, try the Jon00 WiFi LED Controller as I believe the RGBW LED strip interface uses the old V2 codes even though it is a V4 bridge.
                        I am running Jon00 Wi-Fi LED Lamp Controller for Homeseer

On the settings page it claims:
                        Code:
                        Jon00 Wi-Fi LED Lamp Controller (c) 2013        Build 1.0.1

Compatible with Limitless LED, dekolight, iLight, applight, LEDme
                        EasyBulb and MiLight RGB and White Wi-Fi LED Lamps.
                        My port is set to 8899, Client No = 1 - I do not remember if I had to change this or not...

Note: I am still running HS2 "in production" and have not tested in HS3.

Hopefully this helps you as well.
                        Karl
                        Last edited by ksum; December 11, 2014, 10:59 AM. Reason: Added HS version note
                        Karl S
                        HS4Pro on Windows 10
                        1070 Devices
                        56 Z-Wave Nodes
                        104 Events
                        HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                        Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Originally posted by leviathanxx View Post
                          I am at the end of my ropes trying to figure out how to send commands to the milight unit. So let me explain what I have tried below and hopefully someone can critique my failed attempts.

I bought these two units:

My goal is to control the LED strip lights via homeseer commands. I attempted using both plugins from Jon00 (thanks for the hard work and effort put into these) but have been unable to control the lights from there. I have tried both programs with the following settings

IP address assigned via DHCP (checked router for the IP address assigned to the mac address for the MIfilight)
                          Ports: 50000, 8899, 48899
                          Control # 1,5
                          and am unable to control any of the lights via the Jon00 exe files.

I know I have the correct IP address for the unit as I have accessed it via the internet explorer browser only to find an upload option for new firmware. After reading up about this I have come to the conclusion that I must have a V3-4 Milight controller.

http://www.limitlessled.com/dev/

Any help would greatly be appreciated.
                          Before we look at control via Homeseer, have you managed to control the LED strip via the app and the bridge?
                          Jon

Comment

Negative Jon00. I am unable to get the executable file you included to control the lights. I was attempting this portion before I started the scripting for homeseer. I will attempt to use the 8899 port again, but I did not have success last time with the .exe. I am however, able to control it via my android and the milight app (so they are linked correctly.)

Comment

When I say app, I mean the milight app for IOS.
                              Jon

Comment

My android milight app works just fine with the controller and led lights.

Comment

Working...
                                X