No announcement yet.

HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the plugin starts it should create about five devices in the devices screen, one of these devices is a disabled/enabled message sending device. Setting this to disabled means no messages can be sent (this is for people who may not wish to get messages if they are at home). By default it seems to be set to disabled, try setting it to enabled. I thought I had fixed it but I guess it is still wrong.

Comment

Now working!

That did it! Thanks.

Comment

Got it installed again, works great.
        I even got the alarm status displayed in the message what location the alarm is tripped.
        Only thing is, but thats probably a app related thing , the phone from my dad does not auto poll the messages.
        My galaxy s5 does work correct.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, I take it you get the message through this is just in the application? If so it does sound like an app issue and I think I have noticed similar where I have to drag the list upwards to force a refresh although leaving it a few seconds seems to do it eventually. Your best bet is to contact Pushover support and see what they say, I have found them to be pretty responsive to issues.

Comment

Hey guys I found a pretty nifty jailbreak iOS app for spoken notifications. When it's tweaked it works well for pushover!

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
              Thanks for the feedback, I take it you get the message through this is just in the application? If so it does sound like an app issue and I think I have noticed similar where I have to drag the list upwards to force a refresh although leaving it a few seconds seems to do it eventually. Your best bet is to contact Pushover support and see what they say, I have found them to be pretty responsive to issues.
              You are correct, it only loads the messages when you slide it up for a refresh.
              I'll contact them , its not so important because my dad does not have mobile internet but i noticed it that it did not fetch the messages from itself.

The rest is just great !

Comment

/// edit working
                Last edited by Malosa; December 26, 2014, 10:27 AM.
                Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
                Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

I have posted a new version (v0.0.0.10) to the top post that does the following;

1) Multi Application Support - you can now specify more than one application
                  2) Fixed bug where devices were disabled by default when building the first time
                  3) Updated documentation explaining the above

A cautionary tale is that unless you reallyneed the two above things I would not worry about upgrading, what the plugin tries to do is move the existing single application to a new 'Default' application (be mindful changing the name of this, it could mean you having to go through all of your events and reselecting the application name) and existing events should continue working as this new default application. If you wish to add any new applications then you can add these in the configuration page and then go into your events and select the application name in the new field. Note: The scripting commands now also have a seventh index to pass in the API string (same as specified in the application page), you may need to amend any scripting stuff you have.

Any issues post them here, although if you have a large number of events it is worthwhile keeping a copy of your database config in case you need to revert to the old plugin if the new version does by chance break any events.

Comment

Line break code /n does not work

I entered in the message body field (event):
                    line1 \n line2 \n line3

On my android phone this apears as: line1 line2 line3

I.e. the \n does not seem to be converted to a line break. Can you fix this?

regards,
                    Jan-Willem

Comment

Originally posted by iamjwk View Post
                      I entered in the message body field (event):
                      line1 \n line2 \n line3

On my android phone this apears as: line1 line2 line3

I.e. the \n does not seem to be converted to a line break. Can you fix this?

regards,
                      Jan-Willem
                      Unfortunately I can't fix it as it is a bug in the Android client (works fine in iOS), I reported it back in September 2014 and the reply was;

"We send the notification to Android with the newline there, but it
                      looks like it is stripping them out. We'll see if we can't do
                      something about that in a future update."
                      I think the best you can do is again ask Pushover to fix it, I send it correctly in the message but the Android client is ignoring it. It is only Pushover who have control over the code in the client.

Comment

I know a good request for a feature :
                        like if there is a emergency message from pushover u always can send a acnowledge , it would be cool if u can use that seperatly like if the emergency message is alarm , i can acnowledge so the system knows i have seen the emergency message and the system dont call me ,

like for every programmed emergency message on a acnowledge a other trigger

now i can only use 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Malosa View Post
                          I know a good request for a feature :
                          like if there is a emergency message from pushover u always can send a acnowledge , it would be cool if u can use that seperatly like if the emergency message is alarm , i can acnowledge so the system knows i have seen the emergency message and the system dont call me ,

like for every programmed emergency message on a acnowledge a other trigger

now i can only use 1.
                          I'm not 100% clear I can get what you are asking but I think you are asking for the ability for HS to know that you have acknowledged a specific emergency message rather than just noticing that you have acknowledged an emergency message? If so the issue I have with that is that I don't really know how I would set up a trigger for it because the reply I get to say whether or not an emergency message has been acknowledged does not contain the message (that would make it easier to deal with). It contains an ID number and I would then be faced with when I send the message to storing the ID number somewhere along with the contents of the message. I then have a problem in that because I support multi applications/devices then I believe that it is now possible to send more than one emergency message to different applications (potentially could be a lot but in practice likely to be only a couple being sent at the same time at the most). Trying to keep a track of these messages I think is a problem to get accurate and easy. The triggers at the minute are triggered off of the last message sent and then that starts a timer to check the message, sending multi emergency messages at the minute across different applications is probably not going to go down well. Please let me know if this is not what you are asking...

Comment

Comment

Hi Adam,

Any chance you could send me a PM or an email (I think you have my email address), just have a question around pushover and your app that I wanted to discuss if you don't mind.

Many Thanks!
                              HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

I've sent you an email.

Comment

Working...
                                X