Server:
    HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.97 (Windows)
    HSTouch Server ver 3.0.0.42
    Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate - Work Station

iPad:
    iOS 8.1.2
    HSTouchPad ver 2.25

Comment

In the Homeseer root directory, is there a file called Jon00LogMonitorErrorlog.txt?

If so, does that reveal anything?
      Jon

Comment

No such file exists

Comment

Sorry for the slow responses. I don't have much free time at the moment.

I'm running out of ideas. I've just tried in on another trial copy of HS3 and it is working there too.

Go to your log page and select the filter button. Can you search for the string and find it in the log?

I'm not sure it is relevant but can you tell me your log settings under setup/general tab

Finally, please email me your actual copy of the ini file and I'll see if it works here.
          Jon

Comment

So this morning when I was checking the logs I see:

Jon00_HSLogMon iThing Connected
            Jon00_HSLogMon [Trigger1] Successful trigger parameters

Nothings changed except a couple days have passed... but I'm not about to complain!

Comment

Hi Jon00,
              How does this work with event groups ?

How to specify the event in the event group ?

Comment

Sorry, I don't understand the question.
                Jon

Comment

Figured it out :-) event group names are ignored

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Comment

Right...that is why you cannot have the same event name twice despite having groups.
                    Jon

Comment

I am wondering why the string recognition and trigger in the Log Monitoring utility happens 23 minutes after the string is logged. That seems like a long time.

Here is the trigger:
                      ---------------------
                      [Trigger1]
                      HSLogging=1
                      SearchType=
                      SearchMessage="AC devcat = 050B"
                      UseRegex=0
                      WatchPeriod=0
                      TriggerCount=1
                      ReTriggerPeriod=1
                      EventTrigger=TstatIniOK
                      ScriptTrigger=
                      HSLogTriggerText="Insteon Thermostat Plugin Initialization Completed"
                      Logging=1

And here is the log showing the delay between both:
                      ----------------------------------------------------------
                      Nov-03 9:46:47 PM Device Control Device: 1st Floor Family Rm Bar Spots to On (100)
                      Nov-03 9:46:47 PM Jon00_HSLogMon Insteon Thermostat Plugin Initialization Completed
                      Nov-03 9:46:47 PM Event Event Trigger "Test TstatIniOK"
                      Nov-03 9:46:47 PM Jon00_HSLogMon [Trigger1] Successful trigger parameters
                      Nov-03 9:46:47 PM Jon00_HSLogMon Logging file Trigger1.log created

Nov-03 9:36:46 PM Z-Wave Device: Node 4 Z-Wave Sensor Binary Reserved Set to Off/Closed/No Motion
                      Nov-03 9:32:23 PM Insteon Received 2B.D5.10:1 (Bathroom Light) Go OFF
                      Nov-03 9:29:12 PM Z-Wave Device: Node 4 Z-Wave Luminance Set to 6 (Lux)
                      Nov-03 9:28:52 PM Insteon Received 31.7E.29:1 (Laundry Rm Motion Detector - Occupancy Sensor) Go OFF
                      Nov-03 9:27:52 PM Insteon Received 31.7E.29:1 (Laundry Rm Motion Detector - Occupancy Sensor) Go ON
                      Nov-03 9:27:33 PM Insteon Received 2B.61.77:1 (Kitchen Island Pendant Lights) Go OFF
                      Nov-03 9:27:32 PM Insteon Received 2B.61.77:1 (Kitchen Island Pendant Lights) Go OFF
                      Nov-03 9:27:10 PM Insteon Received 24.85.ED:1 (Family Rm Spots Fireplace) Go OFF
                      Nov-03 9:26:56 PM Insteon Received 31.7E.29:1 (Laundry Rm Motion Detector - Occupancy Sensor) Go ON
                      Nov-03 9:26:45 PM Insteon Received 31.7E.29:1 (Laundry Rm Motion Detector - Occupancy Sensor) Go ON
                      Nov-03 9:26:44 PM Insteon Received 31.7E.29:1 (Laundry Rm Motion Detector - Occupancy Sensor) Go ON
                      Nov-03 9:25:23 PM Log Maintenance 963 additional records were removed from the log database to reduce its size to 49.78MB.
                      Nov-03 9:25:00 PM Log Info The log database is currently 50.13MB in size.
                      Nov-03 9:24:57 PM Insteon Thermostat Post-startup timer to check for thermostat DEVCAT. All thermostats have DEVCAT. Timer exiting.
                      Nov-03 9:23:51 PM Speaker Speaker host added, Name: ReneWB2 Instance: Default IP address: 192.168.1.26
                      Nov-03 9:23:40 PM Insteon Thermostat Direct Message unhandled cmd1=00 raw data [01 32 F3 D9 2C 00 00 00 00 00]
                      Nov-03 9:23:38 PM Insteon Thermostat TransmitInsteon: [AC] [0F] [6A] [20]
                      Nov-03 9:23:36 PM Insteon Thermostat TransmitInsteon: [AC] [0F] [6B] [03]
                      Nov-03 9:23:34 PM Insteon Thermostat TransmitInsteon: [AC] [0F] [6A] [60]
                      Nov-03 9:23:32 PM Insteon Thermostat TransmitInsteon: [AC] [0F] [6B] [02]
                      Nov-03 9:23:32 PM Insteon Thermostat AC version = 10
                      Nov-03 9:23:32 PM Insteon Thermostat AC devcat = 050B

Any help is much appreciated.
                      Rene

Comment

I have no idea! It should be nearly instant.

Is there a file called Jon00LogMonitorErrorlog.txt in the HS3 root directory that gives any clues?
                        Jon

Comment

Thanks, Jon. No such file. All I can think about that the log entry that I use as trigger is in a rather intense loop during the initialization process of the Insteon Thermostat Plugin with 5 thermostats, after a restart of HS3. I will try another trigger after all initialization stuff is done, and see wether that occurs faster.
                          Rene
                          -------------------
                          HS3 Pro 3.0.0.208 (Windows) on HomeTroller S6 Pro (Windows 7 Embedded), 32-bit, 4 GB
                          Hardware: Insteon Hub (2242-222) | Insteon 2441TH (5) | Z-Net
                          Plugins: Insteon | Insteon Thermostat | HSTouch Server| Kinect | Z-Wave | Restart
                          Remote (wifi) Kinect & Speaker Client on WinBooks TW700 and TW100 (both Windows 8.1)
                          HSTouch App/Client on iPhone (iOS) and WFTT07 (Android)

Comment

I did some more testing with different search strings and all of my tests recognize the search string eventually. Triggered log entries and trigger events happen about 10-20 minutes after the search string is logged. There is no Jon00LogMonitorErrorlog.txt in the HS3 root directory. Restarting HS3 doesn't make a difference. And nothing else is going on while I do some of the tests. In other tests, any activity/log entries between the trigger and the response, doesn't make a difference anyway (substantial delay).

Here is another example:
                            I am writing "Fireplace" with type "Insteon" to the log. This string triggers an event (turning a light on) and writes a log entry ("FIREPLACE) but it occurs 10 minutes later.
                            Nov-05 10:49:04 PM Jon00_HSLogMon FIREPLACE
                            Nov-05 10:49:04 PM Device Control Device: 1st Floor Family Rm Bar Spots to On (100)
                            Nov-05 10:49:04 PM Event Event Trigger "Test TstatIniOK"
                            Nov-05 10:49:04 PM Jon00_HSLogMon [Trigger1] Successful trigger parameters

Nov-05 10:39:03 PM Insteon Fireplace
                            Nov-05 10:39:03 PM Event Running script statement immediately: &hs.writelog("Insteon","Fireplace")
                            Nov-05 10:39:03 PM Event Event Trigger "Test TestLogging"
                            Nov-05 10:39:03 PM Event Event Test TestLogging triggered by the event page 'Run' button.

Comment

This makes no sense.

Stop the plugin and change HSLogging=99 for the Trigger in question. Then restart. This will provide additional logging.
                              Jon

Comment

Thanks.
                                Here are my trigger ini lines:
                                [Trigger1]
                                HSLogging=99
                                SearchType="Insteon"
                                SearchMessage="%Fireplace%"
                                UseRegex=0
                                WatchPeriod=0
                                TriggerCount=1
                                ReTriggerPeriod=1
                                EventTrigger=TstatIniOK
                                ScriptTrigger=
                                HSLogTriggerText="FIREPLACE"
                                Logging=1

Here is the HS3 log:
                                Nov-07 12:49:34 PM Device Control Device: 1st Floor Family Rm Bar Spots to On (100)
                                Nov-07 12:49:34 PM Event Event Trigger "Test TstatIniOK"
                                Nov-07 12:49:34 PM Jon00_HSLogMon FIREPLACE
                                Nov-07 12:49:34 PM Jon00_HSLogMon [Trigger1] Successful trigger parameters
                                Nov-07 12:49:34 PM Jon00_HSLogMon [Trigger1] Retriggering is enabled
                                Nov-07 12:49:34 PM Jon00_HSLogMon [Trigger1] Retrigger time: 5251s - No Retrigger Period: 0 - 1s
                                Nov-07 12:28:10 PM Insteon Received 24.85.ED:1 (Family Rm Spots Fireplace) Go OFF

Here is what's in trigger1.log:
                                11/7/2015 12:28:10 PM.229 Received 24.85.ED:1 (Family Rm Spots Fireplace) Go OFF

Thanks for helping to figure this out.

Comment

Working...
                                X