No announcement yet.

Going crazy, can't manage plugins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is your server fully patched using Microsoft updates?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I see you are in Cyprus. Is your OS locale set to en-US?
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Web pages do not always exist as files - none of the built-in web pages are files, as is the case with interfaces. If there WAS a file called interfaces.htm or interfaces.html or something like that, then I would think there could be a conflict, but your directory is fine.

You will not need to reinstall your OS.

However, some things to check:
        If none of the built-in pages work (e.g. /deviceutility, /Events, /EventLog) then I would check to make sure you do not have any security settings on your browser that are preventing the pages from being opened up. If you click the web interface button on HS3 and the device utility page opens up just fine, then this is not likely to be the issue.

Make sure if you are on Windows that the exceedingly stupid "SmartScreen" is not preventing the page from opening up - you can try disabling Smart Screen to see if that helps.

If you did not install HS3 with administrator rights, then make SURE you have administrator rights when you install it. You can also try using compatibility settings or modify the shortcut to run HS3 to make sure it has administrator capabilities when it runs. If you do this and it works, we will have to see what it is that Microsoft thinks requires Administrator because we are not aware of anything, but I have seen this resolve issues on some systems.

Java is not used on the web pages, but JavaScript (completely different) is used extensively - if the browser settings disallow JavaScript, then that could be the issue too.

If all else fails, we will have to look into getting a special debug build out to you to find out what is going on.
        Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

It might be wise to confirm that DotNET is up-to-date.

Comment

Yup; sounds like a RW issue relating to the directory and installation stuff to me:

IMPORTANT: I can see the following log entry "Warning File does not exist: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\interfaces"

And, when I check that folder, it really isnt there. There is no "interfaces" folder under "html".
            Unrelated but playing with Windows 8.1 it appears that MS made it a bit easier to deal with this stuff. (this is a "plug" for Windows 8.1).

@tuncy

As "Tink" and "TeleFragger" mentions above; you can just try to lower the security a bit and you should be good to go.

Yeah; this morning just a quickie google search .....relating to .....
            What's the difference between JavaScript and Java?

JavaScript is an object-oriented scripting language that allows you to create dynamic HTML pages, allowing you to process input data and maintain data, usually within the browser.

Java is a programming language, core set of libraries, and virtual machine platform that allows you to create compiled programs that run on nearly every platform, without distribution of source code in its raw form or recompilation.

While the two have similar names, they are really two completely different programming languages/models/platforms, and are used to solve completely different sets of problems.
            Comments....

One is essentially a toy, designed for writing small pieces of code, and traditionally used and abused by inexperienced programmers.

The other is a scripting language for web browsers.
            Here are some differences between the two languages:

Java is a statically typed language; JavaScript is dynamic.

Java is class-based; JavaScript is prototype-based.
            Java constructors are special functions that can only be called at object creation; JavaScript "constructors" are just standard functions.
            Java requires all non-block statements to end with a semicolon; JavaScript inserts semicolons at the ends of certain lines.
            Java uses block-based scoping; JavaScript uses function-based scoping.
            Java has an implicit this scope for non-static methods, and implicit class scope; JavaScript has implicit global scope.

Here are some features that I think are particular strengths of JavaScript:

JavaScript supports closures; Java can simulate sort-of "closures" using anonymous classes. (Real closures may be supported in a future version of Java.)
            All JavaScript functions are variadic; Java functions are only variadic if explicitly marked.
            JavaScript prototypes can be redefined at runtime, and has immediate effect for all referring objects. Java classes cannot be redefined in a way that affects any existing object instances.
            JavaScript allows methods in an object to be redefined independently of its prototype (think eigenclasses in Ruby, but on steroids); methods in a Java object are tied to its class, and cannot be redefined at runtime.
            http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...cript-and-java
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I don't suppose it's related to the issue described in http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...12#post1121712

Comment

Working...
              X