No announcement yet.

Alexa room access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have also enabled the new HomeSeer Smart Home skill and disabled the simple Homeseer skill.
    I have 'forgot' all my devices and re-discovered them.
    But now about half of my devices is listed as Offline.

I cant seem to find any reason for it.
    They work fine in HS.

Running HS 3.0.0.402 on Windows 10.

Comment

Glad I am not alone

If I disable v3 and reenable v2, discover devices - v2 works fine.

The original skill tell homeseer works fine.
      Last edited by wkomorow; January 20, 2018, 05:38 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

spoke too soon, now v2 can no longer discover devices. the api links fine.

After several tries got v2 back. v3 links but can not find any devices.
        Last edited by wkomorow; January 20, 2018, 06:41 PM.

Comment

The devices that was 'offline', started appearing as new devices. So i just deleted the offline version.

So now it is working for me.

Comment

Is there some documentation for the use of the new V3 api Skill.

Comment

Will this work with v.318?

Robert
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Same problem as mentioned by others. V3 skill will link but won't discover any devices. V2 works though.

Comment

Remove all your automatisation stuff in alexa.

Then add the new device. That worked for me very well.

----

-I can now say: turn off / open light in every room.

- I removed a lot of virtual device and went directly with homeseer event as amazon scene.

- My alexa app looks so clean now...

Thanks to the team !

Comment

I disbled voice control to my fireplace, then re-enabled it and ran discover devices - still no go.

Back to V2 and all works.

On V3, I found all my devices offline.

Robert
                    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Does the new v3 skill require a beta version of HS3 (.398 or newer)? I'm still running latest official release .368 and can't discover devices. If a newer version is required, any idea how soon it might be released?

Comment

Originally posted by Summerguy View Post
                        Remove all your automatisation stuff in alexa.

Then add the new device. That worked for me very well.
                        ----

-I can now say: turn off / open light in every room.

- I removed a lot of virtual device and went directly with homeseer event as amazon scene.

- My alexa app looks so clean now...

Thanks to the team !
                        I deleted all the devices, disabled homeseer api v 2. Closed alexa, made sure the alexa app is closed. Opened alexa - no devices - no smarthome skills. I click on skills, find version 3, enable it, link it to homeseer. It links fine. Close the linking page. It asks me if I want to discover devices, I do - none show up.

What am I doing wrong?

Zee2 version 402

Comment

Originally posted by wkomorow View Post
                          I deleted all the devices, disabled homeseer api v 2. Closed alexa, made sure the alexa app is closed. Opened alexa - no devices - no smarthome skills. I click on skills, find version 3, enable it, link it to homeseer. It links fine. Close the linking page. It asks me if I want to discover devices, I do - none show up.

What am I doing wrong?

Zee2 version 402
                          i really don't know :S sorry.

One thing different i can think of is deleting your devices with the alexa web page? https://alexa.amazon.ca/spa/index.html?#appliances

at the end you can ''remove all your device''. This removes the groups two

The next thing i did differently is i used a diferent login name i created in myhs to pair the new skill.

i am also on HS3 beta .404

i did thoses manipulation when my accound was still in us . Now i switched to a Canadian amazon alexa account and it works fine.

Did you enable ''Voice Command'' ( just for renaming the device),
                          and cheked the ''Voice command'' case in hs3?
                          Last edited by ; January 20, 2018, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Can someone tell me what HS ver you should have to make this work?
                            Can someone post a link to the Alexa setting .
                            Hector
                            MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

the latest beta is 402 and that is supposed to work. The stable release will not.

You need to find Homeseer Smarthome (not sure of the capitalization) in the alexa skills section and select it.
                              Last edited by wkomorow; January 21, 2018, 09:17 AM.

Comment

I tried again this morning - I created a new user this time. I can get v2 Homeseer but not v3 Homeseer Smarthome to find devices. V2 works with old and new logins but v3 works with neither. It links, it just does not find any devices.

Version 2 still works for me so I am not losing anything, and eventually it will work I am sure, but I am wondering if there is a discernible pattern of people not being able to discover devices?

Comment

Working...
                                X