This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Detecting received X-10

I have an event which executes when B2 ON is received. This worked in 1.7 even if B2 ON was commanded from within another event or manually triggered within HS on the status page.

That no longer seems to be the case. B2 ON now only seems to be picked up and the event executed if this is received from outside HS (remote, wall keypad, etc.) and not when HS commands B2 ON.

Am I overlooking some setting?

In the trigger for your event try using "Device Status Change" and then set status to "set On". This works for me.
    Thanks,

T.

Comment

Mike,
      Not sure how this ever worked but HS is designed not to trigger on X10 sent from within the HS program.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp
        Not sure how this ever worked but HS is designed not to trigger on X10 sent from within the HS program.
        You got me wondering if I was wrong, since I'm not a tinkerer with HS. It mostly sits there and does its thing and I look in on it once every couple months or so.

So, I just went back and looked at my events in 1.7 and it does work just as I thought.

I have one of those drape closer things that reverses direction by powering down then up. Its power supply is plugged into an X10 wall outlet (B2). When the blinds are opened in the morning, or closed at night, those events simply turn B2 ON.

But it wouldn't work next time if B2 was still on, so I had another event that looks for B2 ON, waits 10 seconds (to give the blinds time to open or close) then it turns B2 OFF.

I did it this way so that no matter what opened/closed the blinds, i.e. the two events, a remote or keypad or even from the status page, the X10 received event picked this up and turned off B2 after 10 seconds. All I can say is, it did work in HS 1.5 through 1.7.

In HS2, I just added a second device action to the two events to turn B2 OFF after a 10 second delay. Not a big deal to do it this way, but I was just wondering if I was missing something or needed to do it differently.

Comment

Originally posted by Tcassio
          In the trigger for your event try using "Device Status Change" and then set status to "set On". This works for me.
          Thanks! That appears to work.

Comment

Working...
          X