Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAI Plug-In Release Roadmap?

Hey Rob,

I am going to be getting deeper into my Home Automation stuff after June (this means I am going to try to install all of the stuff I have purchased over the last 2-3 years and try to finish some projects). I am curious as to what the roadmap for the Plug-In looks like. It's been a while since we had a release and I still hope my Hi-Fi by HAI integration is out there somewhere. Everything I am using at this point is working well as far as I can tell and the Plug-In seems stable. You mentioned before that you were looking also in finally making a General Release for the Paid version soon but I haven't seen anything on that either.

Thanks as always for your effort!

-Travis

Hey Travis - good to hear from you.
    Work has consumed my time for the past few weeks. I left off with the following list:
    • Improve response time of systems events (Pete).
    • bug found with Zone Bypass/Restore (Guy).
    • Custom trigger for specific user arming/disarming system (all).

That said, I'd like for you guys to drive the roadmap
    As I've mentioned, my setup is so much smaller than you guys, but is growing. I have 8 zones, 2 areas, 2 thermostats. I successfully integrated an Arduino into my panel for some driveway sensors that act as zones. It's been working great!

What I'd like to do is get a list of the features you would want to see for Hi-Fi integration. If the HAI SDK supports it, we should be good. Now that the plugin is stable, I have the code in a format that is easily maintained and should be easy to add new features.

Give me some ideas on the Hi-Fi integration - what model do you use? Is it currently working in Snap Link?
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Rob

I have hifi2 installed and running. It works for me in snaplink and haiku. Would love to see it in the plugin.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
        What I'd like to do is get a list of the features you would want to see for Hi-Fi integration. If the HAI SDK supports it, we should be good. Now that the plugin is stable, I have the code in a format that is easily maintained and should be easy to add new features.

Give me some ideas on the Hi-Fi integration - what model do you use? Is it currently working in Snap Link?
        Hi Rob,

Thanks for touching base. Sounds good! Pertaining to Hifi by HAI, I have the Original Hifi by HAI unit (1.0) and yeah, it does work with Snap Link. I have attached a copy of the protocol docs. It looks like at this point you have 2 users at least that have one of each unit made for testing so that's a good thing!

-Travis
        Attached Files

Comment

Here utilize Russound CAA66 (2) connected serially to the OmniPro 2. Thinking it is similiar to the HiFi stuff.

I control them via the OmniTouch and the Russound Keypads. The direct connect keypads are the fastest where as the Omnitouch controls are a bit slow.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Hey Rob, what did you do regarding integration of Arduino? I need more inputs beyond the current 64 I have but don't want to buy another enclosesure. Right now the only requests I have is for the panic mode and last device changed trigger (no urgency on either). BTW I use aux inputs tied to motion sensors for a lot of control. Your plugin via enet has much lower latency than the HS2 plugin.

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by basshook View Post
              Hey Rob, what did you do regarding integration of Arduino? I need more inputs beyond the current 64 I have but don't want to buy another enclosesure. Right now the only requests I have is for the panic mode and last device changed trigger (no urgency on either). BTW I use aux inputs tied to motion sensors for a lot of control. Your plugin via enet has much lower latency than the HS2 plugin.

Ron
              Hi Ron - sorry for the delay on responding. I took some pics and am about to make a separate post on how I did this.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=182037
              Last edited by rmasonjr; June 6, 2016, 11:03 AM. Reason: added link

Comment

Hey Rob,

Just checking in. Hope things are well. I have installed more of my audio zones in the last few days and I am curious again about the roadmap for the Plug-In. I know you had some unexpected development downtime recently but glad to hear you are up and running again. Curious if you are working on anything for the next release of the Plug-In yet you can reveal?!??

-Travis

Comment

I'm still working on the trigger for user code arm/disarm. HS Triggers have a large learning curve. I'm swamped with work now, so it may be a couple of weeks before I can get it released.

Comment

disarm code

I have followed this discussion since its inception and have a really basic question.

When my system is disarmed/armed I set a flag depending on who disarmed/armed the system. The homeseer of course can read the flag and it is easy to write events depending on the state of the flags (showing who disarmed/armed the system) as well as the arming state of the system.

What advantage does having the plugin read the code of the person interacting with the system directly rather than using flags?

Comment

Originally posted by Overst View Post
                      I have followed this discussion since its inception and have a really basic question.

When my system is disarmed/armed I set a flag depending on who disarmed/armed the system. The homeseer of course can read the flag and it is easy to write events depending on the state of the flags (showing who disarmed/armed the system) as well as the arming state of the system.

What advantage does having the plugin read the code of the person interacting with the system directly rather than using flags?
                      Thats a great idea!

Me, I've never done any automation coding on the HAI side, so keeping it all inside HS is easier for me. I'm glad that there is another option though.

Here's a screenshot from my development instance:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Overst View Post

I like what you are doing here to make it work. Myself, I am trying to remove all programming from the HAI panel so I can just work with HS3 and create Events based only on HAI Configuration and not programs/programming in the panel. I have moved my HLC (UPB) Devices to being controlled by the HAI Plug-In, I have moved my UPB (Non-HAI HLC) Devices to Spud's UPB Plug-In. The main reason for this is to increase the flexibility. Sure, if you program on the HAI controller, you don't have to worry if HS3 is operational to ensure events fire. That said, any automation event to me is better served with the flexibility of HS3 and the associated Plug-Ins. If it is a security issue or programming then I would leave it in the HAI Panel for the sake of the Battery Backup etc. Personally I have found very little reason to continue to program in the Panel anymore unless you are using some of the HAI Screen Based Keypads.

-Travis

Comment

Russound cav6.6 with omnipro2

It would be great to incorporate russound control through the HAI plugin for homeseer. Is this on the roadmap?

Comment

Originally posted by Jlangster View Post
                            It would be great to incorporate russound control through the HAI plugin for homeseer. Is this on the roadmap?
                            There are a few of us waiting for Hi-Fi by HAI Integration as well. Rob stated that he will be looking into that later on down the road. With that said, since Russound was officially compatible with HAI Omni a while back, I wonder if some of the Audio work would that Rob would do for the Plug-In would cover both units? Aren't there a few HS3 Russound Plug-In's already that would be more powerful than the simple HAI Interface?

-Travis

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                              Thats a great idea!

Me, I've never done any automation coding on the HAI side, so keeping it all inside HS is easier for me. I'm glad that there is another option though.

Here's a screenshot from my development instance:
                              LOVE LOVE LOVE this! When do you anticipate release? I'm drooling over here!

Comment

Working...
                              X