No announcement yet.

Hikvision NVR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Between spiders and insects, I get tons of false alarm recordings during the night hours. I think I read that some insects are drawn to the IR spectrum.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
      Between spiders and insects, I get tons of false alarm recordings during the night hours. I think I read that some insects are drawn to the IR spectrum.
      Yes they are. Where you live and such will play a big part in that. I also have pest control that comes out every other month and sprays and drops pellets around the house. So it might be that or my area, but I have very little of that problem. Maybe every 2-3 months I'll get a web and a false alert. I use a broom and correct it and I'm good.

I hear the Turret helps with this as the IR is like 1-2" to the side of the camera lens. But bullets and turrets are right around the lens. I don't like that the Turrets have like 4-5" mounting base tho. Under my eves and such where I mount the cameras the bullet I can mount right on the 2x4 or 2x6 rafter where if I had to mount a 4-5" round base I would have to do it on the side of the wall, which I haven't wanted to do.

The other solution if you have alot of pests is to use separate IR lights (spot or flood) to light up the area and not use the camera's IR's at all. Most want an all in one solution and not have to mount more things to the house. But this would fix the pest problem and allow you to get alot of light (more then any camera offers) and a great night view. Something to keep in mind if no other solution works for pests.

Comment

Well , Blueiris android app is working perfect i must add for a long time now.
        Look this little recording i just made :
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jl7kVvWHyo

And before i forget, its just a 2Mp camera but has a pretty good noise free night image.
        At day time , this is probably lens related it is a bit fuzy on the end of the street in my opinion but when you walk closer to the front door its sharp.

I must add that there is some IR light helping and a streetlight but its not very light for the eye.

What i think is best for total recognition at night is using a LED floodlight next to the cam that floods the area.
        This is way better then IR solutions because the more power the IR has, the more it will be a flooded white spot when a person is walking closer to the camera, especially when wearing light clothing.

Spiderwebs are a big problem indeed, as you can see on the video.
        The worst thing is that on the first few cams with spiderwebs they are 10m high above ground so that's not a cam you would clean often.
        If you are lucky they will remove by wind or water but this doesn't happen much..

Also do not forget that most IR led's have a red glow.
        I believe this is because of the wavelength they transmit on that t is slightly visible for the human eye.

My BI computer is running not much at the moment
        BI is using at night for 3 cams 2x 4MP 1 x 3MP with audio and using 3-4% cpu
        Hardware acceleration enabled.
        Pay attention when buying a computer that the CPU has the ability for Hardware acceleration !

This has to be a yes on the cpu.
        Last edited by Vincenttor; October 20, 2016, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenttor View Post
          Well , Blueiris android app is working perfect i must add for a long time now.
          Look this little recording i just made :
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jl7kVvWHyo

And before i forget, its just a 2Mp camera but has a pretty good noise free night image.
          At day time , this is probably lens related it is a bit fuzy on the end of the street in my opinion but when you walk closer to the front door its sharp.

I must add that there is some IR light helping and a streetlight but its not very light for the eye.

Spiderwebs are a big problem indeed, as you can see on the video.
          The worst thing is that on the first few cams with spiderwebs they are 10m high above ground so that's not a cam you would clean often.
          If you are lucky they will remove by wind or water but this doesn't happen much..

Also do not forget that most IR led's have a red glow.
          I believe this is because of the wavelength they transmit on that t is slightly visible for the human eye.

My BI computer is running not much at the moment
          BI is using at night for 3 cams 2x 4MP 1 x 3MP with audio and using 3-4% cpu
          Hardware acceleration enabled.
          Pay attention when buying a computer that the CPU has the ability for Hardware acceleration !

This has to be a yes on the cpu.
          Very nice night camera picture.

Thanks for the video. Those spider webs are out of control and would never work in my case. I would either spray pesticide around the cameras, use other IR's or something or I would be recording all night long.

I see your also running an i7 and I know the OP was trying to go down to an i5. I'm thinking i5 would work, but I would also prefer an i7.
          Last edited by integlikewhoa; October 20, 2016, 03:21 PM.

Comment

@Vincenttor; very nice pictures.

Here removed the dome on the garage camera with IR. I have both domes and bullets outside and prefer the bullet cams. Cams look at other cams.

That said I have over the years tried to weather my domes in direct sunlight and even getting buried in snow to see if they last. Old metal cheapies would rust; newer IP67 don't rust. Old plastic got brittle except for the Optex cams.

I have now disabled IR on the domes by disconnecting the power and use ambient lighting (making low power daylight LED daylight) using outdoor sensors.

Testing 6500k 24 watt LED lighting; so bright it will blind for second or two. I do not look at it cuz it hurts my eyes.

I want to see and no need to stealth the view; really why bother?

Outdoor lens of choice has been 2.8 mm but considering maybe a fish eye for the garage.
            Last edited by Pete; October 20, 2016, 03:29 PM.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
              The same could be said for you, Rupp. You've done the same thing...
              Come on now. I try to get back to all requests.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenttor View Post
                About the camera's
                i would suggest ip cams with the sony imx178 sensor.
                these are such a big difference with night image compared to the hikvision cams you mentioned.
                Do you have a camera that has this sensor that you've been using? Link possibly?
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                  Where are you gonna mount/fit the wd purple?

I write to the ssd for the first 100gb then transfer to storage HD for long term storage.
                  Going to go with a Seagate ST2000LM007 2TB - it is only 7mm
                  Cheers,
                  Bob
                  Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                    Do you have a camera that has this sensor that you've been using? Link possibly?
                    That sensor is a 5MP sensor. The sensor itself seems to have good reviews, I don't see it being used in any cameras that I consider "reputable" tho. Also looks like most cameras are 200ish with that 5MP sensor. I might be worth that but it's around double the price to the cameras we are currently talking about or comparing them too.

Comment

I bought them on aliexpress.
                      Longse is the company name.
                      Believe they are 93 usd a piece.
                      This is without poe, to add this it costs 6 usd extra.
                      Shipping is not included.

You can find them also but more expensive on aliexpress when searching on imx178 with hi3516d I believe as chip.
                      Will place one later today for comparison with another cam k recently bought with a imx122 sensor that isn't great.

I am. At work now using my phone so can't really find the correct price for it.
                      Indeed they are unknown brands but the support is good from Longse they even repaired cam with some firmware updates and help from another member and they do update and release firmware for their cams. Not something most Chinese sellers do as I have experienced.

Not saying they are great cams but some are running now for several months without any problems on some sights I install them.
                      These are location of my dad BTW so when one breaks there is no big problem.
                      Next month I am. Risking it at a customer just to put up 1 piece and he knows about the "risk" or malfunction. Not that I am scared for this but it still is unknown Chinese make.

Anyway will get back later when I am. Home

Comment

I have updated the first post with my updated planned specs for the PC for Blue Iris
                        I think it should be more than enough to handle anything I throw at it
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                          I have updated the first post with my updated planned specs for the PC for Blue Iris
                          I think it should be more than enough to handle anything I throw at it
                          Looks awsome, be sure to share pics of the build.

Comment

How short of SATA cables would you use for the Morex 557 case?
                            Cheers,
                            Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                              How short of SATA cables would you use for the Morex 557 case?
                              Check a few post back. I looked it up and said what it was. I think 5inch.

Comment

Specs would be more then enough,
                                This way you have room to use more cameras also without any problem.

I bought the 6700 T version BTW. With a capped tdp of 35watt to hopefully save a bit on the electric bill in time.
                                It's a bit slower then the uncapped version.

The camera images I will place later. Didn't manage to put it up since I had to work late and did some sports also.

Comment

Working...
                                X