Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the ideal time to set the heartbeat to? By default it is 23 hours. If I set it to 2 minutes, does this use a lot more battery to send these messages?

Just trying to get a sense of what others are using today that works optimally especially in detecting light changes.

Comment

Originally posted by mlagase View Post
      What is the ideal time to set the heartbeat to? By default it is 23 hours. If I set it to 2 minutes, does this use a lot more battery to send these messages?

Just trying to get a sense of what others are using today that works optimally especially in detecting light changes.
      some set it more frequently (hourly) because they want the temp and light level readings more frequently for Events. And yes to will reduce battery life significantly

I would stick with 24 hrs if you just need to get battery status
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hi Mark,

I have been playing with the new Motion Detector for a few weeks now. Everything seems to be working OK but I think I discovered a small issue. If you set the Timeout parameter to a value less than 40 seconds, HS3 fails to acknowledge a No Motion state. I have not tried to find out what happens if you set the Timeout parameter to a number greater than 1 minute.

Thanks

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by brmeeke View Post
          Hi Mark,

I have been playing with the new Motion Detector for a few weeks now. Everything seems to be working OK but I think I discovered a small issue. If you set the Timeout parameter to a value less than 40 seconds, HS3 fails to acknowledge a No Motion state. I have not tried to find out what happens if you set the Timeout parameter to a number greater than 1 minute.

Thanks

Brian
          Brian,
          does the plugin capture a No Motion (OFF) message (that you can see in the log), and but the plugin doesn't update the HS device, or does the MS fail to send the No Motion (OFF) msg?

I have mine set at 30 secs, and it seems to be working as designed.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

You are right... 30 seconds works. 20 seem to work too but 10 seconds fails. Getting the system to reset once you are in a 10 second Timeout setting is not easy either.

I tried to bounce HS3, bounce the PC. I even tried to shut the PC down and unplug the PLM. Nothing worked. The only way that I have been able to reset it is to go to the sensor itself and press the SET button.

Is 10 seconds just too fine a graduation for the software?

Comment

Almost forgot to tell you that with a 10 second Timeout, the Log file shows the Motion Sensor turning ON but it never posts anything about it turning off. Device Management always shows the Sensor as MOTION

Comment

Originally posted by brmeeke View Post
                Almost forgot to tell you that with a 10 second Timeout, the Log file shows the Motion Sensor turning ON but it never posts anything about it turning off. Device Management always shows the Sensor as MOTION
                these are just fw issues within the MS. Nothing we can do.

I suppose you could use an event to turn Off the MS status, but that seems like a lot of work to manage that status. i would just use a working timeout.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

My shipment of Motion Sensor II have arrived, and I am anxious to get them setup within HS events! However, I'd like to avoid switching to the Beta version if I can help it... when should we expect that the stable version will be updated to support these devices?

If I do end up needing to use the Beta version, can I simply install from the updater and it'll replace the stable version?

Comment

BBuck, Mark's "betas" are usually very stable. I am using the latest version without any difficulty at all. I love the new motions. Now have indoor temp by room throughout my house. Make sure you read through the Motion II thread for assistance in getting the temp to be correct as you need to calibrate them.

Tony
                    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
                    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
                    Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
                    Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Originally posted by bbuck2002 View Post
                      My shipment of Motion Sensor II have arrived, and I am anxious to get them setup within HS events! However, I'd like to avoid switching to the Beta version if I can help it... when should we expect that the stable version will be updated to support these devices?

If I do end up needing to use the Beta version, can I simply install from the updater and it'll replace the stable version?
                      i guess its time for the next release, but it will just be the same as this beta version code. i haven't changed anything in a while

you can install the beta over top of the release version.

beforehand,
                      backup your insteon.ini, homeseer.hsd, and hspi_insteon.exe and insteon.dll so you can roll back if necessary

you can get a sense of the stability by reviewing this thread.
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

MS II - Occupancy II mode

Mark,

I'm testing Occupancy II mode. On detecting initial motion, the MS II will broadcast an 'On' message. If it then detects motion shortly after the initial one, I can see the green light flashing, but no broadcasted 'On' message. When it detects a second motion after a considerable time, only then will it broadcast an 'On' message.

I've tested from 0 to 30 minutes between motions, but no 'On'.

So there seems to be a delay between 'On's before it will broadcast. And it certainly is not the Timeout (m:s) parameter: mine is set at 10 secs. In any case, I believe that timeout value is ignored in Occupancy II mode.

Is there anything in the Dev notes that could shed light on that delay? Could it be programmed?

BTW it's USB powered.

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
                          Mark,

I'm testing Occupancy II mode. On detecting initial motion, the MS II will broadcast an 'On' message. If it then detects motion shortly after the initial one, I can see the green light flashing, but no broadcasted 'On' message. When it detects a second motion after a considerable time, only then will it broadcast an 'On' message.

I've tested from 0 to 30 minutes between motions, but no 'On'.

So there seems to be a delay between 'On's before it will broadcast. And it certainly is not the Timeout (m:s) parameter: mine is set at 10 secs. In any case, I believe that timeout value is ignored in Occupancy II mode.

Is there anything in the Dev notes that could shed light on that delay? Could it be programmed?

BTW it's USB powered.
                          occ mode 2 only sends Off msgs on a separate group number (5). Not sure i have this implemented
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                            occ mode 2 only sends Off msgs on a separate group number (5). Not sure i have this implemented
                            In my testing, I have never seen an 'Off' sent while using Occupancy II.
                            ... So there seems to be a delay between 'On's before it will broadcast. And it certainly is not the Timeout (m:s) parameter: mine is set at 10 secs. In any case, I believe that timeout value is ignored in Occupancy II mode.

Is there anything in the Dev notes that could shed light on that delay? Could it be programmed?...
                            Do you have any insight for this ^^^ point?

Comment

Calling all hands - Occupancy II experience

If anyone is using Occupancy II mode on a 2844, I would appreciate your experience with this mode. Specifically, how frequently does the MS broadcast an 'On' after the initial motion is sensed.

Comment

In my testing, I have never seen an 'Off' sent while using Occupancy II.

Do you have any insight for this ^^^ point?
                                try programming a couple of different timeout settings and see if you see msgs in your log similar to the following:

ID ID ID ID ID ID 1F 2E 00 01 06 10 00 03 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 B8 (30 sec)
                                ID ID ID ID ID ID 1F 2E 00 01 06 10 00 FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 BC (42 mins)

i bolded the byte that should change based on your setting
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X