HAI Code Changes for Omnistat2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checking on the status of this.

I'm just wondering how this project is progressing. I've got an rc2000 installed here and I am really missing the features that are unsupported (humidity,fan cycle mode, outdoor temp).

Do you need some help? Not a C# programmer but I've done a fair bit of C++ and I'm willing to take a stab at it.

Comment

Originally posted by acromion View Post
      I'm just wondering how this project is progressing. I've got an rc2000 installed here and I am really missing the features that are unsupported (humidity,fan cycle mode, outdoor temp).

Do you need some help? Not a C# programmer but I've done a fair bit of C++ and I'm willing to take a stab at it.
      Can you write a plug-in in C#? Most of the code to control the RC2000 is done, just need to wrap it into the plug-in structure. I sent mterry the code I have back in May, but have not heard anything from him since. I'm hoping that within the next month, I will have time to actually breathe, and then maybe try to finish up.

Comment

C# plugin

Sorry for the slow reply. I thought I was subsribed to the thread but I wasn't and I didn't see that you had replied.

I haven't written a C# plugin before but I guess it is time to learn. I have another project in mind that needs a plugin as well so it would be good to figure out how to write one.

Almost done (as if software can ever be done) a work project at the moment so I should have some time to look at it in the next week or so.

Comment

Still would love the plugin but I'm short on time...

Things are still very busy with work right now so it doesn't look like I'll get a chance to work on this any time soon. All I really want is to be able to read the humidity and outdoor temperature. Maybe I should look into a quick vb script to do that.

Anyways, good luck and if you deciide to sell your efforts I'll likely buy it.

Comment

Good News!
            After a crazy year, things have slowed down at work to the point that I managed to devote several hours to the project this weekend.

Status: I relearned what I was trying to do in the code and added more features to the base code. A couple of more things I want to implement to include reading all registers from the thermostat on start up and automatic polling. I have not yet started working on the plug-in wrapper.

Questions that need answers: Does anyone interested in this plug-in use Celsius? Does anyone have more than one Omnistat2? Can I skip implementing the schedule settings and just make everyone input them at the thermostat?

Comment

Thanks for the update AO!

I am a celcius user. I only have one thermostat (I might add more down the road). I don't (currently) have any desire to schedule the thermostat remotely. For me the original plugin with humidity and outdoor temp would have been just fine.

Comment

Hi AO

I was just reading through this thread again and I have a question for you. When you purchased the source code didn't the plugin come complete in a ready to compile form? You talk about having to wrap the code with the plugin structure. I assumed that would have come with purchasing the code. It sounds like you didn't get the whole plugin - just the code for talking to the thermostat???

Considering buying the code myself so I was wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by acromion View Post
                  I was just reading through this thread again and I have a question for you. When you purchased the source code didn't the plugin come complete in a ready to compile form? You talk about having to wrap the code with the plugin structure. I assumed that would have come with purchasing the code. It sounds like you didn't get the whole plugin - just the code for talking to the thermostat???

Considering buying the code myself so I was wondering.
                  The code I purchased was 'as is' and it was worthless! It did not compile (missing some libraries that I just could not find) and the code was a complete mess. Granted, I had not worked in C++ in a while, but the overall layout showed me why the plug-in was not going to be supported by HS.

Since there were additional restrictions on using the code, I figured out that it would be better (from a supportability view and to be able to offer my plug-in for free) to re-write it. At the time, I was a software developer in Intelligent Transportation Systems and Energy Management Systems (we used C# on those projects) so it should have been a piece of cake...the back end went pretty easy!

Then I moved over to another position (Operations Manager for the battery testing labs) last year and just have not had time to work on the project. I think I've worked on it over 3 weekends over the last year

Like I mentioned before, the back end is complete...I just need time to figure out the plug-in structure and write it in C#, and then it will be available for free.

AO!

Comment

Thanks for the update and the warning about purchasing the code. I really would have expected that the code would be ready to compile. As-is should mean that there is no guarantee on any particular functionality - not that it is incomplete (missing libraries).

Still looking forward to your plugin when you have time to finish it.

Comment

Originally posted by AO! View Post
                      The code I purchased was 'as is' and it was worthless! It did not compile (missing some libraries that I just could not find) and the code was a complete mess. Granted, I had not worked in C++ in a while, but the overall layout showed me why the plug-in was not going to be supported by HS.

Since there were additional restrictions on using the code, I figured out that it would be better (from a supportability view and to be able to offer my plug-in for free) to re-write it. At the time, I was a software developer in Intelligent Transportation Systems and Energy Management Systems (we used C# on those projects) so it should have been a piece of cake...the back end went pretty easy!

Then I moved over to another position (Operations Manager for the battery testing labs) last year and just have not had time to work on the project. I think I've worked on it over 3 weekends over the last year

Like I mentioned before, the back end is complete...I just need time to figure out the plug-in structure and write it in C#, and then it will be available for free.

AO!
                      have you been keeping on on the HS3 developments? HST is making significant changes to the plugin architecture. If you are truly going to finish and support this new plugin, i would read up on these changes

looking forward to your new version!
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hi AO!,
                        Do you still have the C# code for the backend of the plugin? I have written several plugins with the last one being in C#. I have an Omnistat RC-2000 and would like to be able to read the humidity. I don't think the current plugins have that capability.
                        If you could make your source code available, I would really appreciate it.

When I complete it, I would be happy to share it for free.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby View Post
                          Hi AO!,
                          Do you still have the C# code for the backend of the plugin? I have written several plugins with the last one being in C#. I have an Omnistat RC-2000 and would like to be able to read the humidity. I don't think the current plugins have that capability.

Thanks.
                          Kirby, are you ready to join the list of people whom have gotten the code and to never be heard from again? Send me an email at Kirby @ A O automation com. Are you planning on HS2 or HS3 for the plugin? I'm just starting to look at the upgrade to HS3.

Comment

guys, why don't we all submit a request to bugzilla for hst to add this feature to their plugin?

doesn't their plugin do most of what we need already?
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby View Post
                              Hi AO!,

Thanks.
                              any progress to share?
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I have translated the HSPI_SAMPLE from VB to C#. I have been trying to post the project on the HS3 plugin forum but am having difficulty uploading the zip file.

Using the HSPI_SAMPLE_CS as a base, I have begun implementing the omnistat plugin. The plugin is creating thirteen devices so far for each thermostat. I need to add a couple more status devices and the devices for occupancy programming if selected.

Next, I will add the configuration web pages. Then I will be able to start integrating in AO!'s software.

Comment

Working...
                                X