How to place a simple phone call w/voip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to place a simple phone call w/voip

I hope this is not in the wrong place. I have searched high and low and cannot seem to find an answer to my problem.
    What I would like to do is just simply place a phone call from within HomeSeer using voice recognition, for example
    I speak ( computer name) call Mike. Then my computer calls a predetermined number for Mike using voip.
    Seems like this would be really easy to do but I cannot for the life of me figure out how.
    All the plugins that I have seen so far are based around the computer making automated phone calls or answering phone calls with predetermined messages.I just simply want to be able to place a voice activated phone call just like you would using your cell phone when you say okay Google call X.It looks like HS phone does exactly what I want to do except I do not want to use way2call or a modem as I use voice over IP for my home phone. Looking at and using the things that HomeSeer is able to do it seems to me that this would be very simple I'm sure I'm just overlooking something.
    My HS server is running windows 10 and an AMD A10 processor with 16 gb ram and i am running hs3 pro.

Might not be as simple as it sounds. What do you plan to use for mic and speakers (or handset)?
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

I plan to use the kinect that i use for homeseer vr for the mic and the attached pc speakers for speakers. It will be basically a speaker phone. But thats not written in stone i could use a separate mic and speakers if needed. The most important parts are voip connection and voice activated calling. If only there were a way to use hsphone with a voip line.

To put it in short form I need homeseer vr to integrate with or control a voip softphone or i am not apposed to just using the pc to do it but can't seem to find a way to do it with either one.
      Last edited by MSAUTO; December 11, 2015, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X