No announcement yet.

Beta JowiHue: adding support for RaspBee and ConBee gateway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I upgaded to .16 after Jan told me on chat things where ok. :-)

I know you need a deep trace. I will try to make one soon. :-|

I will try to delete the HS devices.
    Last edited by mhn; September 4, 2017, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Hi Wim

After deleting the HS devices and letting the plugin recreate them I have working HS device. For some unknown reason my events dosen't work. That must be a HS problem. I will look at it more later.

Regards
      Morten

Comment

Morton,

Let me know what the reason is why the events are not working? The plugin should update the devices so that hte change should trigger. Want to be sure this is not wrong
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Hi Wim.

On/off values have changed. I used 1002 and 4002. Now it's 1000 and 4000.

All fine now.

Regards
          Morten

Comment

Morton,

Sure, that was it... I have fine tuned the values, as it can now use the hold and release values. But in my experience this is not yet perfect.. the Ikea remote seems to be more accurate on it.

Glad it is explained!

Wim
            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Originally posted by bdickhaus View Post
              Wim,

One thing that I consider minor. I can't change the name of the motion sensors. The lights are not a problem.[snip]Although the deCONZ network map is really useful and I wish I could change the names there. All of my motion sensors are named "Temperature" on the map. If I click on them, I see the full name in the Node Info pane ("Temperature 1" for example) but that isn't ideal when looking at a network map.

Bill
              Bill,

Today a new deCONZ version was released, 2.04.75. In this version the name of the motion sensor is used, no longer the temperature sensors name. Also, a name change in HS3 will be reflected in deCONZ immediately, without the need of a restart. Also, the build-up of the deCONZ map, especially for larger networks is a lot faster then before.

Thanks,

Wim
              -- Wim

Comment

Wim,

Thanks for the info. I have not been paying close attention because it has all been working so well. But that is because I removed my Wink lights from the network. They apparently don't do routing the same way and can confuse other devices. I only put them in there because I had bought them a couple of years ago and never done anything with them. Before I took them out I had constant problems with the motion sensors going to sleep. I am all Philips now except for the one Osram light which seems to be working well.

Bill

Comment

hi,

-I do not know if i will buy the hue kit . i am wondering if the sensor are responding accurately, will i be able open a Lutron / Zwave light with it without a delay?

-And i want to know this too, is there any comparable system like the hue bridge?
                  I mean, a system with a all those color on light? and i want to be able to chose between a warm light or a withe / 6000k light too.

-Is there any interference with the 2.4 ghz Zigbee protocol?

Thank you.

Comment

Summerguy,

If you want direct responses to sensors like motion sensors, or remotes, you should try to use the RaspBee/Conbee gateways as these gateways enables the plugin to give direct responses. So in combination with raspbee/conbee, yes it can trigger an event controlling a z-wave device or any other protocol device immediately.

The Philips bridge up untill today needs to be polled to see if a sensor has changed status. In a ideal configuration this can take up to two seconds due to the polling. In this case the events depending on the sensor can show some delays. It is up to you to judge if it is acceptable. Been using this method here for quite some time and was ok with it, but am now extreme happy with the speed of the new gateways.

The lights are what you want, White, Warm white or colored. Combined with the Philips bridge you are somewhat limited (they are extending usable brands to connect to the bridge) and combined with the RaspBee/ConBee gateways you can use almost any brand, wether it is OSRAM, IKEA, FLS, Phoscon, GE, Cree or Philips. Check the first post on this beta thread for more details and links.

As for your question about interference, general advise is to connect the bridges or gateways not to close to the WIFI router. Those two can interfere. But if you choose the channels wisely and keep a right distance, there should be no issues. For myself, I never had issues with interference.

A last word of advise when you decide to use ZigBee, the devices create their own mesh network. Make sure to have lightsources with max. 7 meters distance so they can 'see' and 'mesh' with each other.

Wim
                    -- Wim

Comment

Hello

I have tested the new bulb from IKEA, GU10 only-white (80365270) , E14 only-white very small (80291156), and they works 100% in Jowi.

They are not on IKEAs homepage, but in the local IKEA here in Denmark.

I have now 11 bulbs, 2 remotes and 2 motion, all 100% ok. Sadly deCONZ can't see the little round "turn" remote.

Best regards
                      Jan

Comment

Jan,

With the little round turn remote, you mean the dimmer remote?
                        This one is made available as a trial in the latest deCONZ beta version, 2.04.76. Be aware, I do not have this device and do not know what codes it will send, so the plugin might show some false values. But it seems help is on the way

Wim
                        -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                          Jan,
                          With the little round turn remote, you mean the dimmer remote?
                          Wim
                          Yes

I will try the newest update, but .75 is the newest in the web interface.

Best regards
                          Jan

Comment

Jan,

Yes, the update has not yet been pushed. Just wait for them to push it, could be even a higher version by then.

Wim
                            -- Wim

Comment

Hi

If I restart RaspBee, the motion-detector does not goes "online" again, it's online in deCONZ, but keep "Unreachable" in the Jowihue. I have waited 30 minutes to try if it's a timeout.

Remotes are ok, it's only motion there have this problem.

After restart Jowihue, it's ok, all online again.

/Jan
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                                Summerguy,

If you want direct responses to sensors like motion sensors, or remotes, you should try to use the RaspBee/Conbee gateways as these gateways enables the plugin to give direct responses. So in combination with raspbee/conbee, yes it can trigger an event controlling a z-wave device or any other protocol device immediately.

The Philips bridge up untill today needs to be polled to see if a sensor has changed status. In a ideal configuration this can take up to two seconds due to the polling. In this case the events depending on the sensor can show some delays. It is up to you to judge if it is acceptable. Been using this method here for quite some time and was ok with it, but am now extreme happy with the speed of the new gateways.

The lights are what you want, White, Warm white or colored. Combined with the Philips bridge you are somewhat limited (they are extending usable brands to connect to the bridge) and combined with the RaspBee/ConBee gateways you can use almost any brand, wether it is OSRAM, IKEA, FLS, Phoscon, GE, Cree or Philips. Check the first post on this beta thread for more details and links.

As for your question about interference, general advise is to connect the bridges or gateways not to close to the WIFI router. Those two can interfere. But if you choose the channels wisely and keep a right distance, there should be no issues. For myself, I never had issues with interference.

A last word of advise when you decide to use ZigBee, the devices create their own mesh network. Make sure to have lightsources with max. 7 meters distance so they can 'see' and 'mesh' with each other.

Wim
                                Thank you so much for those informations ! I did buy some gear to test the hue system

-3x gen3 colors bulb with the gen 3 hub
                                -1x sensor
                                -and 1x dimmer.

i will see how how is is working! if i do not like it i'll return it.

i have some other questions:

1. Do you know why i can't discover my hue divices in alexa direcly from homeseer?

2. When I ''turn on'' for ex, all my living room lights, the hue lights do not turn on at 100% like all my other lights, they turn at the last setting level.
                                Is there a workaround for this? Do i need to create a virtual device ?
                                2.1 In fact, i just want all my lights to behave the same way when i turn on a group a light. So i need to find a way to modify the lutron switch behavior.. or the philips light.

3. can a philips hue motion sensor act as a relay the the zigbenetwork ? or it is just the bulbs?
                                because i placed the motion sensor in the middle of my appartment to be sure i the mesh network is reliable.

thank you again!
                                Last edited by ; September 12, 2017, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X