Z-Net and Logitech Harmony Hub Extender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Net and Logitech Harmony Hub Extender

Do primary and secondary controllers exchange device status when one or the other controller changes a device status? With both these controllers (Z-Net is HS3 and primary, Harmony Hub Extender as secondary) device status became useless. If the Elite changed a device, HS3 was not aware of the change and vice versa. So is this a failure of Harmony controller design or is it my lack of instant status capable devices?

I have removed the Harmony Hub Extender because it made for more problems than it solved (Status mismatch between controllers, overall quirky Harmony Elite and Hub behavior, slowed the Elite remote down, mismatched # of devices between the Elite and their Android/PC apps, really primitive Harmony Elite usability with HA including very limited button assignment, nil user settings/adjustments/features to tweak controller (like polling) and untrained and in one case ignorant support. In my experience, the Harmony software design, problems and self-imposed button and other restrictions negate any benefit. Despite this poor experience, I hope at some future release they will make their stuff a bit more useful and I'll try it out again. BTW if you only have a handful of devices or using it as the primary controller I expect you will be happy otherwise not so much.
    -Rick
Working...
X