Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no problem. I am referring to the PLM (2413) specifically, not another device. we need to make sure there is a link between the interface and the module.

you can create the link between a kpl btn and your module via the plugin; but don't worry about that now.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Ok did this:

On 2413U, press/hold set button until beep. LED blinking.

On OutderLinc, press/hold set button until beep. LED blinks, goes solid.

Check on 2413U, the LED is solid (dim/normal) again.

What would you like me to look for?

PS, I have tried using the software to link to the keypad linc, it seems to always fail as well.

Any other ideas?

Comment

can you now try the "program device for homeseer" on the module?
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

After trying, this came up.

This device needs to have its existing links read before programming. The link table *could not* be read. Programming failed.

Comment

ALthought this is new:

Code:
            Device Link Table

Link #1	Outlet is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #0 (i2CS Registration Link) - On Level : On
            [COLOR="Red"][B]Link #2	Outlet is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #1 (Button Control Group) - On Level : On[/B][/COLOR]

Warning: The links for this device have not been downloaded. Please use the 'Program Device for Homeseer' button to properly setup the device.

Comment

the red link was created during the manual link process.

i don't know why the module isn't responding as expected when the plugin tries to read the links and settings

i'll reach out to smarthome about this module with fw 43 and see what they say
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thanks. anything you need to help fix this... please let me know.

thanks

Comment

i guess in the meantime you can manually link the module to your kpl so you can control it as needed.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Did an event:

if "change in kpl-b" goes to ON, send "ON" to outdoor linc.

if "change in kpl-b" goes to OFF, send "OFF" to outdoor linc.

so far, seems to be working without linking. Obviously, would prefer the link though!

Comment

Originally posted by timmymac123 View Post
                      Did an event:

if "change in kpl-b" goes to ON, send "ON" to outdoor linc.

if "change in kpl-b" goes to OFF, send "OFF" to outdoor linc.

so far, seems to be working without linking. Obviously, would prefer the link though!
                      Yah, just create the link manually: put the kpl btn into linking mode, then complete the link by pressing the Set btn on the module

you should then be able to get rid of the events
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Ok, super weird.

Just for kicks, I tried again this morning....the old unit linked into HS just fine. It is acting 100% like it should.

very odd.

I did reboot the HS laptop. Not sure if that should have had an effect. Only change that was made though

Comment

Originally posted by timmymac123 View Post
                          Ok, super weird.

Just for kicks, I tried again this morning....the old unit linked into HS just fine. It is acting 100% like it should.

very odd.

I did reboot the HS laptop. Not sure if that should have had an effect. Only change that was made though
                          yes, very strange. is the new one working? can you read the links and settings on it
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Yep. Both seem to be working like they are supposed to now. Very odd.

There does seem to be a significant delay between issuing commands and the device acting on those commands (like 5-10 seconds in some cases)

I've upped the retries to 10 and timeout to 5 for now.

Comment

do you have your Hop count set to 4?

typically a timeout of 3 seconds and 3 retries is enough. if the device doesn't respond with these settings there is a comm issue.

sounds like there might be some interference with the messages

review this forum for comm issues and noise, etc
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                              X