This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huggy,

Can you please post a screen or give more details on how this works and looks..

For my purpose, I am trying to display weather pages, the other option is to figure out how to launch the weather.com app from the itouch and then return back to HST..

Comment

I could really use some help here... Can anybody offer some assistance, I really need to get my web pages on my itouch.. I can see the pages if I surf there from Safari on the touch, but If I use the same link within HST Client, then I get a white screen with NOTHING..

Comment

Find any rss feed that has links embedded in it. I went to http://www.woot.com/blog/rss.aspx and put that into a page with a large text box and noted it as html and allow navigation "on".

There are rss feed generators on this board where you can create your own weather rss feed or put a few links to things like weather.com's page. You do not get the 'back' option though, so make sure you put a back button or close screen button or goto main button (whatever works for you). I haven't found a way from within the feed to go backwards once I've selected a link that takes me to a web page.

Currently there is no way from the iTouch/Phone family to launch an external app of any kind from within the HSTouch app.

Hope this helps.
        huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Hi,

Does anyone no of a way to 'fit' the page into the elements size?

Thanks

Comment

Rich has confirmed that displaying web pages in iTouch/iPhone projects is an issue and he's working on it.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,

you beat me to it.. I was just going to post that

Comment

Rich has fixed this and submitted the app to the iStore ver 1.6

Comment

Rookie question

Ok I did get some of the page to come up but it's not working completely. It's for a DVR that supports mpeg4 streaming to the iphone
                  so I listed that same url and I get the controls but no picture.

Jose

It's almost 4 am and I've been looking for an answer to this for a while so I figured I'd ask. I want to just display a website on my touchscreen and I've tried the methods listed.

1. I dragged a text box to a new screen and entered www.google.com as the text but nothing. (I don't see an option to set the text box as HTML that option is only there for text)

2. I dragged a text element to a new screen and selected that it was HTML and tried google.com in every element box that said url but nothing.

I saw some post about creating a txt file and saving it to the HSpro root html folder but I'm out of ideas.

TIA

Jose

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                  Create a new HTML page with an iFrame that's src is your current page. Then size the iFrame to the desired size and it will have scroll bars.
                  Change http://www.yahoo.com to your url you are currently using.
                  Like this:
                  PHP Code:
                  <html>
                  <
                  body>
                  <
                  iframe src="http://www.yahoo.com" width="700px" height="500px" scrolling="auto"> </iframe>
                  </
                  body>
                  </
                  html
                  Last edited by joserpaq; April 3, 2010, 02:44 AM. Reason: found issue mayby

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                    Create a new HTML page with an iFrame that's src is your current page. Then size the iFrame to the desired size and it will have scroll bars.
                    Change http://www.yahoo.com to your url you are currently using.
                    Like this:
                    PHP Code:
                    <html>
                    <
                    body>
                    <
                    iframe src="http://www.yahoo.com" width="700px" height="500px" scrolling="auto"> </iframe>
                    </
                    body>
                    </
                    html

Rupp,
                    I tried this. I can scroll the iframe in a browser, and in HSTouch i can sort of scroll using the scroll wheel on a mouse, but the scroll bar isn't there in HSTouch like it is in a browser. another bummer is that it doesn't "remember" the scroll position. I'm not looking for a scroll feature as much as I am looking for a crop feature i suppose. I was hoping the ability to scroll would work.

Thoughts?
                    Plugins:
                    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

What happens if you set scrolling to yes.

Comment

Just tried "yes" and "true" with the same result.
                        Plugins:
                        BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Anyone have any issues displaying a page with javascript controls?

I'm trying to display a colorchooser in a webpage and I just get a white page, but the page runs fine in a browser.

Comment

Originally posted by DNATechnologySolutions View Post
                            Anyone have any issues displaying a page with javascript controls?

I'm trying to display a colorchooser in a webpage and I just get a white page, but the page runs fine in a browser.
                            Is this in a windows client? If so I posted a registry key hack that needs to be done, basically HSTouch in the browser control still uses an archaic version of IE so some Javascript don't work.

Comment

Well.. I'll check it out. Really, I'm just using the Windows Client to TEST before deploying it to the android tablets. It's hard to verify it working, you know..

EDIT:

So now I've read through just about every post you've made about HSTouch... I'm having a hard time finding the hack

EDIT:

I found it... magic!!!!
                              Last edited by DNATechnologySolutions; January 19, 2017, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X