Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hometroller zee s2 to z-net...

Hi..

I have a homeseer HS3 windows controller as my main system and a Hometroller zee s2 with no use my question is can i transform my hometroller zee s2 to homeseer z-net...? and if yes how can i do this...?

Thank you.

Originally posted by smargi View Post
    Hi..

I have a homeseer HS3 windows controller as my main system and a Hometroller zee s2 with no use my question is can i transform my hometroller zee s2 to homeseer z-net...? and if yes how can i do this...?

Thank you.
    No this can not be done.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I would keep the Zee S2 license and purchase a ZNet or DIY a ZNet like device with a new RPI2-3.

You can do a DIY of this by running the Z-Wave plugin remotely or configure a serial tunnel between the device and Homeseer.

Here do run Z-Wave remotely on an RPI2 talking to Zee S2 OS running on a Pine64 2Gb machine.

That said you should be familiar with a bit of Linux to do this.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        No this can not be done.
        Too bad. I am in the same boat with a Zee and no use for it.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          No this can not be done.
          Why not? I can't think of a technical reason.
          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
          Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
          on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
          WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

You can only purchase a Z-Net hardware device with a Z-Net license.

Homeseer doesn't sell the Z-Net proprietary OS/firmware by itself.

That said if you wanted to you can image the Z-Net device SD card and use it in the old RPi2.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
              Homeseer doesn't sell the Z-Net proprietary OS/firmware by itself.
              Yes, I know. I guess what I'm asking is: Why not?

The ones that want this is people that have upgraded from a Zee2 (which is a RPi2 with its own HS3 license) to a full HomeSeer license, and still want to utilize the hardware they have bought. I can't think of a good reason not to sell an "upgrade Zee2 to a Z-NET" thing.

Give the customers what they want!

Originally posted by Pete View Post
              That said if you wanted to you can image the Z-Net device SD card and use it in the old RPi2.
              Exactly!
              HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Understood Magnus.

It would be just an SD card that you could plug in to the RPi2-3 as mentioned.
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I agree and licensing out the z-net as they do with other variant if their controller software makes logical sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                    Give the customers what they want!
                    Consider this

Comment

Originally posted by brientim View Post
                      I agree and licensing out the z-net as they do with other variant if their controller software makes logical sense.
                      First, my understanding is the hardware is exactly the same.

What would make sense it the have Z-NET as part of the Zee S2 build so you could just go into Zee S2 setup and select boot in Z-NET mode then reboot. At that point it would come up in Z-NET mode. If you wanted to go back you go into Z-NET setup and select boot in Zee S2 mode them reboot.

This would only work if you purchased a Zee S2 with it's license. The Pi Software only or the Z-Net would not.

Totally doable, totally secure and totally controllable.
                      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
                      Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
                      Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
                      3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
                      4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
                      3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
                      SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Originally posted by Timon View Post

What would make sense it the have Z-NET as part of the Zee S2 build so you could just go into Zee S2 setup and select boot in Z-NET mode then reboot. At that point it would come up in Z-NET mode. If you wanted to go back you go into Z-NET setup and select boot in Zee S2 mode them reboot.

This would only work if you purchased a Zee S2 with it's license. The Pi Software only or the Z-Net would not.

+1.

Comment

Originally posted by Timon View Post

Wow, great idea!

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
                            Consider this
                            Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                            X