ISY Insteon 1.0.4.26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrantYN View Post
    If I add devices to folders on my ISY-994i the plugin doesn't seem to recognize their locations until I restart HS. Same is true if I add a new folder. ISY Plugin version 1.0.4.7 firmware version 3.3.10
    Yes, that is the current behavior. In the past, the ISY didn't send any notifications to clients of these two events. It does now.

The plug-in currently ignores the notification that a device was moved into (or out of) a folder. I'll add this capability onto the enhancement list.

The plug-in does recognize and handle new folder events, but since folders are only used as locations for devices, there's no user visible indication of this.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

ISY Plug-in for HS/3?

Hello Bob,

You may have explained this in another thread someplace, but will you be adapting your Plug-in to work with HS/3?

Thanks!
      -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
      HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

Originally posted by tmcgowan View Post
        Hello Bob,

You may have explained this in another thread someplace, but will you be adapting your Plug-in to work with HS/3?

Thanks!
        Yes, I started working on it a while a go. I have the basics working but there's still a lot left to do. I decided to take this opportunity to re-design some of it.
        --
        Bob Paauwe
        ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Hi,
          I notice that HS-Pro is not updating any of my devices on the status page. When I pole all of my devices it does adjust to the correct condition of all my devices but I get the following message in the log.

6/18/2013 8:45:52 AM - ISY Insteon - COMM: -> Using Authorization [Basic c3RldmU6c3NzaWw=]
          6/18/2013 8:45:52 AM - ISY Insteon - COMM: -> For command: [<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?><s:Envelope><s:Body><u:QueryAll xmlns:u='urn:udi-com:service:X_Insteon_Lighting_Service:1'><node>21090</node><flag>0</flag></u:QueryAll></s:Body></s:Envelope>]
          6/18/2013 8:45:52 AM - ISY Insteon - COMM: Failed to get response from ISY (The remote server returned an error: (501) Not Implemented.).

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Cougar View Post
            Hi,
            I notice that HS-Pro is not updating any of my devices on the status page. When I pole all of my devices it does adjust to the correct condition of all my devices but I get the following message in the log.

6/18/2013 8:45:52 AM - ISY Insteon - COMM: -> Using Authorization [Basic c3RldmU6c3NzaWw=]
            6/18/2013 8:45:52 AM - ISY Insteon - COMM: -> For command: [<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?><s:Envelope><s:Body><u:QueryAll xmlns:u='urn:udi-com:service:X_Insteon_Lighting_Service:1'><node>21090</node><flag>0</flag></u:QueryAll></s:Body></s:Envelope>]
            6/18/2013 8:45:52 AM - ISY Insteon - COMM: Failed to get response from ISY (The remote server returned an error: (501) Not Implemented.).
            Not all "devices" on the ISY support query. In the case above it looks like the query was on a scene and scenes don't have status in the ISY so the response is correct. In most cases, the plug-in won't try to query a scene for status, but it may allow you to attempt a direct query.

I'm more concerned by the "not updating any devices on the status page" problem.

Just to cover all cases, the status page does not automatically refresh. You do need to reload the page to get it to show the current device status. I'm assuming that you mean the status is not correct after you do the reload.

This would indicate that the plug-in is not receiving updates from the ISY. The plug-in should re-establish this connection if it drops for some reason and there should be messages in the log that indicate when this happens.

If you're not getting any error messages from the plug-in and you're not getting updates, that would indicate that the ISY is not able to send any which is something that rarely happens. If this is case, I'd recommend restarting the ISY and then restarting the plug-in (or HomeSeer).
            --
            Bob Paauwe
            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Uploaded version 1.0.4.8. This fixes a bug in the button control code. See first post in this thread for download and more info.
              --
              Bob Paauwe
              ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Uploaded version 1.0.4.9. This fixes a long standing bug in the code that determines scene status.
                --
                Bob Paauwe
                ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Status message errors in Homeseer

HS version 2.5.0.60
                  ISY plugin version 1.0.4.9
                  ISY firmware version 4.0.5

Cant seem to get rid of these strange ISY device status messages that show a Temperature instead of true false on or off. When they occurred,all my events associated with these devices had to be fixed to point them to correct devices. It seems quite random on as it affects programs, and devices of all types. They all have the ?1 device code too.

78.7 F Maintenance routinesQueryAll ?1Program
                  78.7 F Home alarmNight routines alarm home ?1Program
                  78.7F Status
                  OpenHouse R ?1KeypadLinc Dimmer - 8 Button 2486DWH8 V0.0

78.7F Temperature Thermostat - Main ?1INSTEON Thermostat Adapter 2441V V9.1

Comment

rlrjupiter1,

I'm having trouble deciphering what you're referencing below. Did all the formatting get lost when posting it here?

Is that HS Log output or the status screen?

What exactly did you do to point them at the correct devices?

Is '?1' the HS device code? I didn't think it was possible for HS to have multiple devices with the same device code. If that's happening then it sounds like the HS database is getting corrupted.

Originally posted by rlrjupiter1 View Post
                    HS version 2.5.0.60
                    ISY plugin version 1.0.4.9
                    ISY firmware version 4.0.5

Cant seem to get rid of these strange ISY device status messages that show a Temperature instead of true false on or off. When they occurred,all my events associated with these devices had to be fixed to point them to correct devices. It seems quite random on as it affects programs, and devices of all types. They all have the ?1 device code too.

78.7 F Maintenance routinesQueryAll ?1Program
                    78.7 F Home alarmNight routines alarm home ?1Program
                    78.7F Status
                    OpenHouse R ?1KeypadLinc Dimmer - 8 Button 2486DWH8 V0.0

78.7F Temperature Thermostat - Main ?1INSTEON Thermostat Adapter 2441V V9.1
                    --
                    Bob Paauwe
                    ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Status displaying wrong

Bob,

Sorry about that. Those lines are from the Homeseer status page. Essentially Homeseer lost contact with the ISY and I restarted Homeseer.

After that things were not working and acting strange. A quick check of Events and a lot of my ISY triggers were now marked "unknown device". The status page now has about 30-40 ISY devices reporting as device code "?1". Many of these devices have a temperature in the first column of the status page instead of "on/off" or "true/false".

I fixed most events my editing the trigger and pointing to the correct ISY device. But they just act strange and I suspect its because so many devices having the same code "?1".

I have reset the ISY, restarted Homeseer and tried a resync with the ISY and I cant seem to get rid of the strange status codes a just weird behavior. I ran for a whole day without Homeseer and the ISY preformed with no issues, but a after starting Homeseer, I opened the back door and Homeseer proceeded to lock the door while it was open. Very strange.

I'll try and cut and paste a few lines from the status page so you can see how they look.

84.8 F ComputerWireless router ?1 ApplianceLinc 2456S3 V0.0Today 8:26:04 PM
                      84.8 F DeviceOutdoor Fountain ?1 Outdoor ApplianceLinc 2456S3E V3.9Today 8:26:04 PM
                      84.8 F DevicePatio lights R ?1 KeypadLinc Dimmer - 8 Button 2486DWH8 V0.0Today 8:26:04 PM

Comment

Hi rlrjupiter1,

It really sounds like your homeseer database file got corrupted. Do you have a recent backup of it that you could try?

Originally posted by rlrjupiter1 View Post
                        Bob,

Sorry about that. Those lines are from the Homeseer status page. Essentially Homeseer lost contact with the ISY and I restarted Homeseer.

After that things were not working and acting strange. A quick check of Events and a lot of my ISY triggers were now marked "unknown device". The status page now has about 30-40 ISY devices reporting as device code "?1". Many of these devices have a temperature in the first column of the status page instead of "on/off" or "true/false".

I fixed most events my editing the trigger and pointing to the correct ISY device. But they just act strange and I suspect its because so many devices having the same code "?1".

I have reset the ISY, restarted Homeseer and tried a resync with the ISY and I cant seem to get rid of the strange status codes a just weird behavior. I ran for a whole day without Homeseer and the ISY preformed with no issues, but a after starting Homeseer, I opened the back door and Homeseer proceeded to lock the door while it was open. Very strange.

I'll try and cut and paste a few lines from the status page so you can see how they look.

84.8 F ComputerWireless router ?1 ApplianceLinc 2456S3 V0.0Today 8:26:04 PM
                        84.8 F DeviceOutdoor Fountain ?1 Outdoor ApplianceLinc 2456S3E V3.9Today 8:26:04 PM
                        84.8 F DevicePatio lights R ?1 KeypadLinc Dimmer - 8 Button 2486DWH8 V0.0Today 8:26:04 PM
                        --
                        Bob Paauwe
                        ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Status messages

Bob,

I should have tried that first and I apologize for not trying it. I had to go back 6 versions of my database to find one that would show the right status and device IDs. I restarted Homeseer with each one but they all seemed to have problems.

Each of the interim databases had issues. One had all the device ID correct but had no status whatsoever, on another one all of the events had unknown devices for triggers. Were those old databases incompatible with the new plugin or could it be a version issue, because they used to be ok?

I do appreciate the help. Good thing I backup my Homeseer database to a new name quite often.

Roger

Comment

Hi Rodger,

The plug-in only interacts with HomeSeer using standard, well defined interfaces. You'd have to go back major plug-in versions probably back to version 1 or 2 before it might have issues with what's stored in the HomeSeer database.

I don't have any idea how or what corrupted your database. It's possible that there's a bug in the plug-in that did something but unless it's something that can be reproduced I wouldn't know where to start trying to debug it at this point. This is a pretty unique case. We'd have to know what happened to trigger this and if it really started that many backups ago, that's not likely something we'll be able to figure out.

If it's working now, I'd say, make another backup and keep an eye on it. If you notice something strange again, try to figure out what might be happening at that time that could be the trigger.
                            --
                            Bob Paauwe
                            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Trying to download 4.10 I get a corrupted file. Maybe the with the board changes the file is now damaged? I tried it on two different machines. Can you check and possibly re-up?

Comment

Same here won't unzip!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X