How To: weatherXML and PHLocation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Jeff

Where is the integration page on the Weather XML plugin to enable PHLocation?

Thanks
    Chris

Comment

Look for a Menu button labeled Plugins.
      Click on that and you get a page with the plugins that weatherXML integrates with.
      --
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thank you I have found it.
        The drop down menu, I was looking for buttons...
        I guess it doesn't do iPhones at the moment?

Thanks
        Chris

Comment

Originally posted by jfryhling View Post
          Any chance this will be updated to support follow-me support for more than a single location. Right now I have 3 locations, Home, my_location, wife_location but I seem to only be able to set the roving weather config for 1 (either my location or my wife's) but not both. We often travel separately and it would be nice to have all three available...home (static) mylocation and wife location are roaming.

Maybe in a future update???

The next version will support the follow-me feature to be setup on as many locations as you want.
          Version .52 will be posted today.
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by smokeycoles View Post
            I guess it doesn't do iPhones at the moment?

Thanks
            Chris
            I am not seeing any devices under PHLocation setup. I only use iOS support for my devices. All three only offer "Please Select".

Jeff, Here are the devices that Paul creates for iOS. I thought they were the same type for all Apps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	1186972
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
              I am not seeing any devices under PHLocation setup. I only use iOS support for my devices. All three only offer "Please Select".

Jeff, Here are the devices that Paul creates for iOS. I thought they were the same type for all Apps.

[ATTACH]56401[/ATTACH]
              I see what I did. I grabbed all the devices that have "PHLocation" in the devices location 1. I just reused the code from the previous versions.

Give me a few minutes and I will change the code to look at the device interface instead.
              --
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
                I see what I did. I grabbed all the devices that have "PHLocation" in the devices location 1. I just reused the code from the previous versions.

Give me a few minutes and I will change the code to look at the device interface instead.
                Thanks. I change locations on almost every device, so the default locations are almost always gone.

Comment

Thanks Jeff, that fixed it.

Cheers
                  Al
                  HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                  Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Mine are hit or miss. Most I have changed the locations.

I just never got around to doing so with PHLocation. I did today so I could test my change and will leave it changed.

wXML .53 is in the updater now and uses the plugin interface.
                    --
                    Jeff Farmer
                    HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Mine are hit or miss. Most I have changed the locations.

I just never got around to doing so with PHLocation. I did today so I could test my change and will leave it changed.

wXML .53 is in the updater now and uses the plugin interface.
                      Fixed here as well. Time to play

Comment

Lat/Lon rounded

Is anyone else seeing the Latitude and Longitude values being rounded to a whole number when configuring a location to use PHLocation?

Under the Weather Underground Setup section, I have the Station ID configured to use Lat/Lon. The problem is that the values for Lat and Lon are being rounded to a whole number instead of using the full values from the PHLocation Latitude and Longitude Devices. (i.e. the lat and lon are showing up as 33 and -90 when the phlocation lat and lon are 32.87983723 and -89.78358339).

Comment

Originally posted by slbuck View Post
                          Is anyone else seeing the Latitude and Longitude values being rounded to a whole number when configuring a location to use PHLocation?

Under the Weather Underground Setup section, I have the Station ID configured to use Lat/Lon. The problem is that the values for Lat and Lon are being rounded to a whole number instead of using the full values from the PHLocation Latitude and Longitude Devices. (i.e. the lat and lon are showing up as 33 and -90 when the phlocation lat and lon are 32.87983723 and -89.78358339).
                          I'm running the latest beta and still seeing this issue. Is there a setting somewhere that is rounding the lat/lon coming from phlocation?

Current Date/Time: 2/13/2018 11:20:07 PM
                          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368
                          Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
                          System Uptime: 25 Days 11 Hours 6 Minutes 8 Seconds
                          IP Address: 192.168.22.11
                          Number of Devices: 597
                          Number of Events: 512
                          Available Threads: 400

Enabled Plug-Ins
                          3.0.0.43: EasyTrigger
                          3.0.0.29: EnvisaLinkAdemco
                          1.1.12.0: Honeywell WiFi Thermostat
                          3.0.0.6: HSZigBee
                          3.0.0.14: NetCAM
                          2.1.6.0: OpenSprinkler
                          3.0.1.114: PHLocation
                          3.1.0.22: Sonos
                          3.0.6601.28887: UltraLighting3
                          3.0.0.80: weatherXML
                          3.0.1.193: Z-Wave
                          Attached Files

Comment

Set the logging level to Debug. Then run the Current Conditions schedule.
                            Check the log for the weatherXML entries dealing with PHLocation.
                            --
                            Jeff Farmer
                            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Set the logging level to Debug. Then run the Current Conditions schedule.
                              Check the log for the weatherXML entries dealing with PHLocation.
                              Here are the log entries related to PHLocation. I've attached a screenshot with the most relevant values for device 1475 and 1476. These are coordinates with 8 decimal places, but are being rounded to whole numbers for some reason.

Feb-15 20:45:21 weatherXML The phlocation Longitude is -96
                              Feb-15 20:45:21 weatherXML The phlocation Latitude is 30
                              Feb-15 20:45:21 weatherXML The phlocation Longitude refID is 1476
                              Feb-15 20:45:21 weatherXML The phlocation Latitude device refID is 1475
                              Attached Files

Comment

What version of weatherxml are you running?

There should have been more log entries in the newest version then the 4 you posted?
                                --
                                Jeff Farmer
                                HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                                X