Is my 1990's era Gemini 9600 supported?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is my 1990's era Gemini 9600 supported?

Hi, I have been using HS 2 for many years. I have a Napco Gemini 9600 panel version 17 board with a HA 11B ROM (I also have an 11C ROM I never installed). I use the PC-mini to connect to my computer. My question-> Will this work with your plugin for HS 3? I want to upgrade but do now want to replace my alarm system (still working great after all these years!). I have had zero problems with HS 2 and this panel.

Thanks!
    Jack

From your description I believe it will work. I also use a 9600 panel with the HA upgrade. When HS3 came out I was faced with the fact the Napco plugin wasn't going to be supported so last year about this time I licensed the code form HS and wrote an HS3 compatible version which I use daily at home.

I recommend you try an HS3 install and download the plugin. You will get a 30 day trial period where you can test it out. Worst case is you fall back to your existing HS2 setup.

Good luck!
    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Thanks, I will be setting up a test HS3 system first to make sure everything is going to work. I am hoping it will work reliably as the alarm is central to many of my events. My system is a mix of Z-wave and X-10 so I am hoping it all plays well together.

Comment

Originally posted by jackallweiss View Post
        Thanks, I will be setting up a test HS3 system first to make sure everything is going to work. I am hoping it will work reliably as the alarm is central to many of my events. My system is a mix of Z-wave and X-10 so I am hoping it all plays well together.
        Hi Jack, understood this is from a long time ago.... did your napco panel work with HS3 plug in?

Comment

Working...
        X