This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shill View Post
    Check your sources list and see if it properly added the branch for 3.8, maybe?

Code:
    cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-xamarin.list
    So I reverted back to 3.2.8 with HS3 from backed up image and tried again.

I removed mono:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get remove mono-complete mono-runtime libmono*
    During the remove I saw this:
    Code:
    update-binfmts: warning: no executable /usr/bin/cli found, but continuing anyway as you request
    This was toward the end of the remove.

Verified mono did not exist with:
    Code:
    mono -V
    Added the 3.8 repository:
    Code:
    sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 3FA7E0328081BFF6A14DA29AA6A19B38D3D831EF"
    Code:
    echo :deb http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian wheezy/snapshots/3.8 main" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-xamarin.list
    Then:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    During this process, the last few lines:
    Code:
    W: Conflicting distribution: http://download.mono-project.com wheezy/snapshots/3.8 InRelease (expected wheezy/snapshots but got wheezy)
    W: Failed to fetch http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian/dists/wheezy/snapshots/3.8/InRelease  Unable to find expected entry 'main/binary-armhf/Packages' in Release file (Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file)
    E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
    The results of:
    Code:
    are:
    Code:
    deb http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian wheezy/snapshots/3.8 main
    Tried the install again:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install mono-complete mono-vbnc libmono-system-web4.0.cil libmono-system-design4.0.cil libmono-system-web-extensions4.0-cil libmono-system-runtime-caching4.0-cil libmono-system-numerics4.0-cil libmono-system-xml-linq4.0-cil
    While the install was in process, I saw lots of references to 3.2.8.
    The end result:
    Code:
    mono -V
    Code:
    Mono JIT compiler version 3.2.8 (Debian 3.2.8+dfsg-10)[INDENT] Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
            TLS:           __thread
            SIGSEGV:       normal
            Notifications: epoll
            Architecture:  armel,vfp+hard
            Disabled:      none
            Misc:          softdebug
            LLVM:          supported, not enabled.
            GC:            sgen
    [/INDENT]
    Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by AutomatedJim View Post
      So I reverted back to 3.2.8 with HS3 from backed up image and tried again.

I removed mono:
      Code:
      sudo apt-get remove mono-complete mono-runtime libmono*
      During the remove I saw this:
      Code:
      update-binfmts: warning: no executable /usr/bin/cli found, but continuing anyway as you request
      This was toward the end of the remove.

Verified mono did not exist with:
      Code:
      mono -V
      Added the 3.8 repository:
      Code:
      sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 3FA7E0328081BFF6A14DA29AA6A19B38D3D831EF"
      Code:
      echo :deb http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian wheezy/snapshots/3.8 main" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-xamarin.list
      Then:
      Code:
      sudo apt-get update
      During this process, the last few lines:
      Code:
      W: Conflicting distribution: http://download.mono-project.com wheezy/snapshots/3.8 InRelease (expected wheezy/snapshots but got wheezy)
      W: Failed to fetch http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian/dists/wheezy/snapshots/3.8/InRelease  Unable to find expected entry 'main/binary-armhf/Packages' in Release file (Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file)
      E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
      The results of:
      Code:
      are:
      Code:
      deb http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian wheezy/snapshots/3.8 main
      Tried the install again:
      Code:
      sudo apt-get install mono-complete mono-vbnc libmono-system-web4.0.cil libmono-system-design4.0.cil libmono-system-web-extensions4.0-cil libmono-system-runtime-caching4.0-cil libmono-system-numerics4.0-cil libmono-system-xml-linq4.0-cil
      While the install was in process, I saw lots of references to 3.2.8.
      The end result:
      Code:
      mono -V
      Code:
      Mono JIT compiler version 3.2.8 (Debian 3.2.8+dfsg-10)[INDENT] Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
              TLS:           __thread
              SIGSEGV:       normal
              Notifications: epoll
              Architecture:  armel,vfp+hard
              Disabled:      none
              Misc:          softdebug
              LLVM:          supported, not enabled.
              GC:            sgen
      [/INDENT]
      Any suggestions?
      This part is your issue:

Code:
      It looks like the 3.8 snapshot of mono doesn't have packages built for the ARM processor (I don't have a Pi-based HS instance, only an x64). I did some digging, and it appears they do exist for 3.10.0, though I haven't tested that version personally.

Try changing those instructions to:

Code:
      echo "deb http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian wheezy/snapshots/3.10.0 main" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-xamarin.list
      sudo apt-get update

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
        This part is your issue:

Code:
        It looks like the 3.8 snapshot of mono doesn't have packages built for the ARM processor (I don't have a Pi-based HS instance, only an x64). I did some digging, and it appears they do exist for 3.10.0, though I haven't tested that version personally.

Try changing those instructions to:

Code:
        echo "deb http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian wheezy/snapshots/3.10.0 main" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-xamarin.list
        sudo apt-get update
        Unfortunately failed.

I re-imaged again.

During:
        Code:
        sudo apt-get update
        Received error:
        Code:
        W: Conflicting distribution: http://download.mono-project.com wheezy/snapshots/3.10.0 InRelease (expected wheezy/snapshots but got wheezy)
        Then tried:
        Code:
        Which resulted in (not installing at all?):
        Code:
        Reading package lists... Done
        Building dependency tree
        Reading state information... Done
        Note, selecting 'libmono-system-web4.0-cil' for regex 'libmono-system-web4.0.cil'
        Note, selecting 'libmono-system-design4.0-cil' for regex 'libmono-system-design4.0.cil'
        Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
        requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
        distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
        or been moved out of Incoming.
        The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
         libmono-system-design4.0-cil : Depends: libmono-corlib4.5-cil (>= 3.6.0) but it is not going to be installed
                                        Depends: libmono-system-configuration4.0-cil (>= 1.0) but it is not going to be installed
                                        Depends: libmono-system-data4.0-cil (>= 3.0.6) but it is not going to be installed
                                        Depends: libmono-system-drawing4.0-cil (>= 3.0.6) but it is not going to be installed
                                        Depends: libmono-system-windows-forms4.0-cil (>= 1.0) but it is not going to be installed
                                        Depends: libmono-system-xml4.0-cil (>= 3.6.0) but it is not going to be installed
                                        Depends: libmono-system4.0-cil (>= 3.2.8) but it is not going to be installed
         libmono-system-numerics4.0-cil : Depends: libmono-corlib4.5-cil (>= 3.6.0) but it is not going to be installed
         libmono-system-runtime-caching4.0-cil : Depends: libmono-corlib4.5-cil (>= 3.6.0) but it is not going to be installed
                                                 Depends: libmono-system-configuration4.0-cil (>= 1.0) but it is not going to be installed
                                                 Depends: libmono-system-core4.0-cil (>= 3.2.8) but it is not going to be installed
                                                 Depends: libmono-system-data4.0-cil (>= 3.0.6) but it is not going to be installed
         libmono-system-web-extensions4.0-cil : Depends: libmono-corlib4.5-cil (>= 3.6.0) but it is not going to be installed
                                                Depends: libmono-system-core4.0-cil (>= 3.2.8) but it is not going to be installed
                                                Depends: libmono-system-data-linq4.0-cil (>= 1.0) but it is not going to be installed
                                                Depends: libmono-system-drawing4.0-cil (>= 3.0.6) but it is not going to be installed
                                                Depends: libmono-system-servicemodel4.0a-cil (>= 3.2.3) but it is not going to be installed
                                                Depends: libmono-system-web-applicationservices4.0-cil (>= 1.0) but it is not going to be installed
                                                Depends: libmono-system-web-services4.0-cil (>= 1.0) but it is not going to be installed
                                                Depends: libmono-system-xml4.0-cil (>= 3.6.0) but it is not going to be installed
         libmono-system-web4.0-cil : Depends: libmono-corlib4.5-cil (>= 3.6.0) but it is not going to be installed
                                     Depends: libmono-sqlite4.0-cil (>= 3.0.6) but it is not going to be installed
                                     Depends: libmono-system-enterpriseservices4.0-cil (>= 1.0) but it is not going to be installed
                                     Depends: libmono-system-runtime-serialization-formatters-soap4.0-cil (>= 1.0) but it is not going to be installed
                                     Depends: libmono-system-web-applicationservices4.0-cil (>= 1.0) but it is not going to be installed
                                     Depends: libmono-system-web-services4.0-cil (>= 1.0) but it is not going to be installed
                                     Depends: mono-runtime (>= 3.10.0) but it is not going to be installed
                                     Depends: mono-runtime (< 3.10.1) but it is not going to be installed
         libmono-system-xml-linq4.0-cil : Depends: libmono-corlib4.5-cil (>= 3.6.0) but it is not going to be installed
         mono-complete : Depends: mono-runtime (= 3.2.8+dfsg-10) but it is not going to be installed
                         Depends: mono-runtime-sgen (= 3.2.8+dfsg-10) but it is not going to be installed
                         Depends: mono-utils (= 3.2.8+dfsg-10) but it is not going to be installed
                         Depends: mono-devel (= 3.2.8+dfsg-10) but it is not going to be installed
                         Depends: mono-mcs (= 3.2.8+dfsg-10) but it is not going to be installed
                         Depends: mono-csharp-shell (= 3.2.8+dfsg-10) but it is not going to be installed
                         Depends: mono-2.0-gac (= 3.2.8+dfsg-10) but it is not going to be installed
                         Depends: mono-4.0-gac (= 3.2.8+dfsg-10) but it is not going to be installed
                         Depends: mono-2.0-service (= 3.2.8+dfsg-10) but it is not going to be installed
                         Depends: mono-4.0-service (= 3.2.8+dfsg-10) but it is not going to be installed
                         Depends: monodoc-base (= 3.2.8+dfsg-10) but it is not going to be installed
                         Depends: monodoc-manual (= 3.2.8+dfsg-10) but 3.10.0-0xamarin2 is to be installed
                         Depends: libmono-cil-dev (= 3.2.8+dfsg-10) but it is not going to be installed
         mono-vbnc : Depends: libmono-microsoft-visualbasic11.0-cil (= 3.8-1) but it is not going to be installed
                     Depends: libmono-accessibility4.0-cil but it is not going to be installed
                     Depends: libmono-system-configuration4.0-cil but it is not going to be installed
                     Depends: libmono-system-data4.0-cil but it is not going to be installed
                     Depends: libmono-system-drawing-design4.0-cil but it is not going to be installed
                     Depends: libmono-system-drawing4.0-cil but it is not going to be installed
                     Depends: libmono-system-web-services4.0-cil but it is not going to be installed
                     Depends: libmono-system-windows-forms4.0-cil but it is not going to be installed
                     Depends: libmono-system-xml4.0-cil but it is not going to be installed
                     Depends: mono-runtime (>= 3.0~) but it is not going to be installed
                     Depends: libmono-cecil-vb0.9-cil (>= 2.99) but it is not going to be installed
                     Depends: libmono-corlib2.0-cil (>= 3.2.8) but it is not going to be installed
                     Depends: libmono-corlib4.5-cil (>= 3.2.8) but it is not going to be installed
                     Depends: libmono-microsoft-visualbasic8.0-cil (>= 2.99) but it is not going to be installed
        E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
        The verification
        Code:
        mono -V
        Resulted in "command not found"

This command
        Code:
        Resulted in:
        Code:
        deb http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian wheezy/snapshots/3.10.0 main
        I am switching from a RCS stat that is connected via RS485 and looking at different options. Saw the Honeywell 9580 and really like it. Found your plugin and thought I was good. But may not be able to go with this stat using a PI.

Anything else mono related you think I can try?

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Found an example where someone said:

'deb download.mono-project.com/repo/debian wheezy/snapshots/4.0.5.1 main' needs to be 'deb download.mono-project.com/repo/debian wheezy/snapshots/3.10.0/. main' to make it work. Adding '/.' makes it work for whatever reason. – Buford T. Justice Nov 18 '15 at 7:57

or:

Related bug: bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=24902, sometimes the adding of /. doesn't seem to work so you should try wheezy/snapshots 3.10.0/main. – Gerhard Burger Apr 18 at 14:50

And if you can't get it to work with 3.10, you can also try 3.12
          Last edited by shill; May 30, 2016, 09:01 AM.

Comment

So /main did not work. /. main seem to work but 3.2.8 was still in place when checking version.

Steve, thanks for your help. I'm going to give up for now and continue on 3.2.8 so I can get the rest of my HS3 going. Maybe I'll come back to this later.

Comment

Originally posted by AutomatedJim View Post
              So /main did not work. /. main seem to work but 3.2.8 was still in place when checking version.

Steve, thanks for your help. I'm going to give up for now and continue on 3.2.8 so I can get the rest of my HS3 going. Maybe I'll come back to this later.
              Sounds like a reasonable plan. I may need to order another Pi for me to experiment on. It's unfortunate that the version of mono that's standard in debian is the one that has this defect in it Debian is slow to update, but at some point an "apt-get upgrade" will pull in a newer build...

Comment

For those of you who tried this with a Pi previously, note the new thread on compiling 3.12.1 from scratch, as that appears to be the only way forward with ARM-based processors until HS supports Mono 4.X.

Comment

Working...
                X