Another IoT concern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another IoT concern

If the company doesn't like your attitude toward its product, they have some extra leverage.
    https://arstechnica.com/information-...er-bad-review/
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Wow.
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Was thinking of picking one of these up, but will never do that now. Another reason why small startups with a cloud-model should be avoided. It's interesting that the Garadget guy talks about getting rid of a customer with poor impulse control. Garadget's impulse control was as bad or worse, so pretty hypocritical...
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

And this is why I prefer my devices NOT depend on the internet. The company dies or like this they decide to block you and that's it. At the cost of these things, it's not worth the risk, IMHO.

Comment

Amen, brother.

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
          And this is why I prefer my devices NOT depend on the internet. The company dies or like this they decide to block you and that's it. At the cost of these things, it's not worth the risk, IMHO.
          Don

Comment

Rather than providing support, they refuse service. Rather than suffer negative reviews, they have Amazon restrict reviews to verified purchases. This is exactly the model for a company with which I want to engage in a long term relationship.
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

OMG THATS FUNNY RIGHT THERE... I DONT CARE WHO YOU ARE!!!!

The exchange then went viral, being picked up by the Twitter account @internetofshit and rising to the top of Hacker News.
              HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Working...
              X