Z-Wave action "Activate a scene" does not trigger "Z-Wave scene activated"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave action "Activate a scene" does not trigger "Z-Wave scene activated"

As I migrate toward Z-wave switches that use Central Scenes, like that of the Homeseer line of switches, I am becoming increasingly reliant upon Events to activate Z-wave scenes. The challenge I've run into is that it the Z-Wave action "Activate a scene" will not trigger "Z-Wave scene activated" events.

While HS3's event system is flexible enough that I can work around this, my expectation is that the "Activate a scene" action would trigger "Z-wave scene activated events".

I've tested this on Z-wave plugin versions 3.0.1.130, 3.0.1.137, and 3.0.1.140.
    1. Create a Z-Wave scene "My Test Scene" with one or more devices
    2. Create an event, "Event 1" with the Z-Wave Action "Activate a scene", and select "My Test Scene"
    3. Create an event, "Event 2" that is triggered by "Z-Wave Scene Activated", and select "My Test Scene", and have it take some action (in my case, set a virtual switch to On).
    4. "Event 2" will not trigger as a result of an event's Z-Wave action to "Activate a scene", as might be done with "Event 1".
    5. "Event 2" will trigger if a Z-wave device directly activates "My Test Scene".. In my case, I was able to do this with a Cooper 5-button scene controller.

Same problem here

pretty frustrating. it works every once in a while, but not on my homeseer dimmers with zwave+. Any help is appreciated

Comment

Working...
    X