Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C-BUS connected to the outside world! Huge Win

Hi,

With the help of the UltraM1G plug-in and a Ness C-Bus Interface Module that physically connects the ELK to the C-BUS network Homeseer is now able to see and control all of the lighting devices on the C-BUS network !

As anyone with a C-BUS network knows connecting to the outside world is a challenge.

I've been running this for a few days without any major problems.

I'm continuing to run all of my logic programming on the C-BUS network and will use Homeseer to connect to external resources.

I tried getting this to work about 6 months ago with little success, the key is to ensure you have the latest FW running on the Ness C-Bus Interface Module.

I'm now able to control C-BUS lighting with an Echo.

Reach out with questions.

-Philip

Hi Philip,

Thanks for sharing, excellent news!

I have the exact same setup as you and I'm going through the same process of getting my c-bus lights controlled by Alexa via the M1. Can I ask how you got the latest firmware for the Ness M1 c-bus interface module (board)? I want to update the FW in my board but not sure where to download the latest FW from?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Warwick

Comment

Speak to Ness

Comment

Thanks, will do!

Comment

All working now, Alexa is controlling my c-bus lights via the M1.

Thanks for your help Philip.

Comment

Sorry to dig up an old thread. Hopefully you guys are still subscribed.

Is you Ness/C-Bus system working perfectly? I'm still getting the checksum errors (from the UltraM1G plugin), occasionally resulting in a light not turning on or the like.

I have done a bit of reading on the c-bus forums and it seems that other people have a few problems with the NESS/ELK M1 talking to the CBus board. Works 99% of the time but a few errors now and again.

I am thinking it's not actually a problem with the plugin. More a problem with the NESS hardware.

Keen to hear what you think?

Marty
            iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Working...
            X