Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power fail recovery - return to last state?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power fail recovery - return to last state?

Hello,

I'm using BLOccupied, generally all good, does what I need - so thank you!

I'm running this at a remote site, and of course, the first week I have issues, which is causing my HS3pro to occasionally get rebooted (due to unrelated power issue).

Even though my event to run and stop the simulation are included in HS's power fail recovery, this doesn't actually re-start the sim.

The reason I suspect is because my event is set to run at "sunset" (a hard time), and if the fail happens after that time, it must assume (know?) that event already ran, so it doesn't re-run it. Conversely, the "stop sim" event also runs at a hard time.

Ultimately, what I'm looking for is a way to have this plugin know it's last state when it comes back from a power cycle and return to that state (although this won't necessarily run my event, which also turns on a phantom device called "BLOccupied SIM"... which is the device it "turns on" when the sim stops, via the plugin's UI... so I'm not sure it would inherently turn that device's state to the "off" state when running, as it would seem I had to define that in the "start" event myself). I'm not sure if there is a better way to know if the plugin (sim) is running or not.

Anyway, I didn't see anyone else mention this, my apologies if this has already been discussed and I missed the post.

I see there was never a response to your post. I am actually looking for something similar where I can trigger an event using a condition that checks the status of BLOCCUPIED simulation. Other than creating a virtual device that gets the status set by BLOCCUPIED simulation start/stop I cannot think of another way to accomplish what we are after. Maybe Blade or another user can chime in with suggestions.

Thanks,

Paul

Comment

bump...

Comment

Yes I would need to add a condition in BLOccupied for this

What could be done is when you start the simulation I could write a value to the INI file that the simulation is running, then if the power fails, when the plugin starts it could check that value and if it says the simulation is running then I start the simulation automatically on start of the plugin. This is very easy to do.

I am away on vacation right now so it would not be able to be done until I am back on Apr 24th
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Try 2.0.21 in the updater

I have added the ability that if the power did fail when the simulation was running that it should restart the simulation when the plugin starts up again

Let me know
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

Upgraded to 2.0.21.0 - now when simulation is running, I'm getting these messages every 7 seconds:
            Code:
            Apr-10 4:54:52 PM           BLOccupied Warning     Occupancy Simulation is already running!
            Apr-10 4:54:45 PM           BLOccupied Warning     Occupancy Simulation is already running!
            Apr-10 4:54:38 PM           BLOccupied Warning     Occupancy Simulation is already running!
            Apr-10 4:54:31 PM           BLOccupied Warning     Occupancy Simulation is already running!
            Apr-10 4:54:24 PM           BLOccupied Warning     Occupancy Simulation is already running!
            Apr-10 4:54:17 PM           BLOccupied Warning     Occupancy Simulation is already running!
            Apr-10 4:54:10 PM           BLOccupied Warning     Occupancy Simulation is already running!
            Apr-10 4:54:03 PM           BLOccupied Warning     Occupancy Simulation is already running!
            Apr-10 4:53:56 PM           BLOccupied Warning     Occupancy Simulation is already running!

Comment

Try 2.0.22
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

Thanks - that gets rid of the messages.

Comment

Working...
                X