New $29.95 Motion Sensor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blade View Post
    For anyone that has one of these... would you say it responds fast enough to use it to control lighting in bathrooms.

Walk into the bathroom and the lights are turned on based on the sensor motion signal.
    Is this sensor fast enough at sending the signal?
    I have one in my downstairs bath but I'm using it to track occupancy; not control lighting. When the bathroom is occupied, LED 1 on my downstairs dimmers glows yellow.

To your point though, what do you consider "fast enough"?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
      I have one in my downstairs bath but I'm using it to track occupancy; not control lighting. When the bathroom is occupied, LED 1 on my downstairs dimmers glows yellow.

To your point though, what do you consider "fast enough"?
      How fast is it to get the yellow lights on your dimmers when it dectects motions? If you compare ti to something like aeon or everspring?

Is there a difference in speed/reliability if used with battery vs AC?

Comment

Originally posted by Summerguy View Post
        How fast is it to get the yellow lights on your dimmers when it dectects motions? If you compare ti to something like aeon or everspring?

Is there a difference in speed/reliability if used with battery vs AC?
        Delays with motion sensors generally have more to do with sensor sensitivity than any other factor. The interval between when the sensor fires and the Z-Wave command is received (by the controller or associated device) is essentially instantaneous. My sensor is mounted on the same wall as the door and is pointed into the bathroom. It fires as soon as I step through the door.

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
          Delays with motion sensors generally have more to do with sensor sensitivity than any other factor. The interval between when the sensor fires and the Z-Wave command is received (by the controller or associated device) is essentially instantaneous. My sensor is mounted on the same wall as the door and is pointed into the bathroom. It fires as soon as I step through the door.
          My HS-MS100+ is not as fast as my HSM200's. I'm testing one in my bathroom and it does not send the signal fast enough for my tastes. The flash of the little blue light on the device corresponds with the controlled light turning on, nearly exactly, but the problem is that little blue light seems to wait a second or so after motion is present to light up. I'm assuming the blue light corresponds with the actual z-wave signal being sent and not motion being detected, but I could be wrong. I'm hoping a future firmware update can fix this because I too love this design.
          HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
          Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Does anyone have any side by sides or comparison photos of this sensor? I'm trying to gauge it's actual size. Is it about the same size as other eye-ball sensors like Dome, ZooZ, Neo, Fibaro?

Comment

And?

Originally posted by macromark
              Not for this product but we do have something in the works for this coming spring.
              It is now Summer. Could really use a good outdoor motion detector. Any new news on this potential product???

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by TallTM
                It should be getting real close:

https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/2947
                Show off!

Comment

How come not SmartStart compatible? Was thinking all new products would have this.

Comment

Posts for Outdoor Floodlight Sensor Moved

Please post HS-FLS100+ outdoor floodlight sensor questions and comments here: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=196953

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                      For anyone that has one of these... would you say it responds fast enough to use it to control lighting in bathrooms.

Walk into the bathroom and the lights are turned on based on the sensor motion signal.
                      Is this sensor fast enough at sending the signal?
                      Hey Blade, this Sensor will respond fast, however I have not been happy with this sensor since I installed it. I had one installed in a walk-in closet on the ceiling right above the doorway and had full view of the area. What I noticed was, when I walk in the room the sensor device shows motion in the room but once the device does a motion reset, if there is any motion still in the room it won
                      Last edited by The Profit; July 29, 2018, 09:34 AM.
                      HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                      Plugin's:
                      BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                      EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                      weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

macromark

My above post wasn't complete due to the prior issues with Tapatalk and the issues seem to be getting worse so I thought I would repost.

The two major issues that I have been having with several of these HS-MS100+ Motion sensors:
                        1) Once the motion sensor triggers motion, if the motion stops enough for the device to change to "No Motion" and someone is still in the room and then starts to move again, the device will not re-trigger. The only way to get it to trigger again is for the person to leave the room for a few seconds and then re enter the room.

2) I have had three out of three units trigger motion when no one is in the room several times during the day. I've sat outside the door and watched inside the room that it is in for anything that could potentially be triggering the device but nothing is obvious. After these have been installed for a while, I've noticed that this issue just gets worse and there are times where they continue to trigger for a half hour or more and the only way to get it to stop is to pull the battery out.
                        Plugin's:

Comment

I have 2 and one gives off an incredible amount of false-positives for motion. It is mounted outside in a patio that is protected from rain. It is also aimed almost straight-down.
                          The one I have indoors works as expected.
                          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                            I have 2 and one gives off an incredible amount of false-positives for motion. It is mounted outside in a patio that is protected from rain. It is also aimed almost straight-down.
                            The one I have indoors works as expected.
                            I would expect a PIR mounted outside to have a few more false positives with all of the light, shadows etc.... I have had false positives with them mounted in a walk in closet and inside a garage. The instant I replace it with an Aeotec Multisensor 6 I don't have any issues...they cost more so I was hoping the HS-MS100+ would work but I've had issues with just about every single one I've installed.
                            Plugin's:

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post

I would expect a PIR mounted outside to have a few more false positives with all of the light, shadows etc.... I have had false positives with them mounted in a walk in closet and inside a garage. The instant I replace it with an Aeotec Multisensor 6 I don't have any issues...they cost more so I was hoping the HS-MS100+ would work but I've had issues with just about every single one I've installed.
                              True - I have a Multisensor in our kitchen, which gets the most traffic, and it is bulletproof.
                              HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                              54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                              Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post

My HS-MS100+ is not as fast as my HSM200's. I'm testing one in my bathroom and it does not send the signal fast enough for my tastes. The flash of the little blue light on the device corresponds with the controlled light turning on, nearly exactly, but the problem is that little blue light seems to wait a second or so after motion is present to light up. I'm assuming the blue light corresponds with the actual z-wave signal being sent and not motion being detected, but I could be wrong. I'm hoping a future firmware update can fix this because I too love this design.
                                I had similar issues with the aeotec multisensor 6. After researching how motion sensors actually work I discovered that the field of motion detection is not a solid cone shape as I naturally assumed. Apparently its more like your hand, fingers to be more accurate. Imagine multiple finger shaped waves inside the cone, longer in the middle and shortening towards the edge of the cone. As you walk into these fingers, motion is detected, so there will be areas of high and low sensitivity depending on how you move into these "fingers of detection". Walking across the fingers triggers motion more accurately then walking towards them, but to position sensors like this isn't practical, hallway for example (you will walk towards the fingers). The tips of these "fingers" will be most sensitive to motion (in a hallway situation) so if the detection range is set too high, those tips go through the wall (say in a short corridor) so you have to play around and actually having a lower range can make the detection more accurate/quicker. The illuminating light on these sensors is when data is sent, but I imagine once motion is detected that data is sent pretty much instantaneously hence it lights up when it actually detects motion. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                                X