Potential bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potential bug

Hi there, I added a new zoneplayer 90 last night and immediately linked it with another zone using the sonos player program on my PC. Homeseer was running with all the previous zones set up and working fine.

I noticed later that the plugin had added the new zone, but that nothing showed up as playing in the new zone. I unlinked all the zones and played a song in each zone, and then went to check the status in Homeseer. Homeseer showed all the songs playing except for the new zone just added. it showed nothing playing, and last time changed for both transport and rendering showed as "never set".

Then I deleted the two devices and restarted homeseer. It then re-added them and they work.

I am wondering if adding new devices that are already linked causes some sort of problem? That's all I can think of that I might have done wrong. But that's a common problem, it would seem.

Anyway, perhaps you have an explanation. I can always look through the logs for any messages that might be helpful.

great plug-in. . . . i just got my SONOS system after finally ditching my Squeezebox system. . . . love it.

Thanks,

Tim

Hi Tim,

I can see how the first part of your problem wouldn't work. The plug-in goes out and discovers new zones every 5 minutes or so, but once a zone gets linked to another zone (and is not the master), the player absolutely reports nothing, the last event it would report is when it linked and the first next reaction would be when it unlinked. The plug-in therefore "listens" to these link events and keeps track off them. It keeps a table and each time the master changes the plug-in updates all the slaves as well. So in this case the linking happened before the zone was discovered, once the zone was discovered no information was received until it unlinked. Now why after unlinking the zone didn't update properly is a mystery to me. I'll put it on my list but in the grand scheme of things, this is somewhat of an exceptional case and not very likely to happen often so it might take a while before I get to this. Trust you agree.

Thanks and enjoy your sonos system and plug-in

Dirk

Comment

Working...
    X