www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Hardware > Z-NET

Z-NET Discussions about HomeSeer's Z-NET IP-Enabled Z-Wave Interface

Old May 5th, 2015, 06:57 PM
Seer Deluxe

Znets interface name got swapped?

Somehow in replacing my house router the names of my two znet interfaces became swapped. These are not wireless znets, they are Ethernet cabled. All the devices are working fine and the two interfaces can be optimized no problem. I just have to remember the names have been swapped. I would like to change the names of the interfaces back but the name box is greyed out. The network friendly name is correct, the home IDs are correct, just the interface name is correct.

IF I go to the znet themselves by going to their fixed IP address. The names are correct (not the names that HS3 has as the interface name). And I have tried changing the name there in each znet's web interface, but that doesn't change the name in HS3. I have included pictures of the web pages in next post.

First, is this a serious problem? Like I said everything has been working fine in terms of my devices and events. Should I delete my interfaces and re-add. What will happen to my devices and events?

Second, if not serious, how can I change the names of the interfaces.
Attached Images

Old May 5th, 2015, 07:06 PM
Seer Deluxe

znet web interfaces

Here are pictures of the znet web interfaces for the previous post.
Attached Images

Old May 5th, 2015, 08:27 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
Somehow in replacing my house router the names of my two znet interfaces became swapped. These are not wireless znets, they are Ethernet cabled. All the devices are working fine and the two interfaces can be optimized no problem. I just have to remember the names have been swapped. I would like to change the names of the interfaces back but the name box is greyed out. The network friendly name is correct, the home IDs are correct, just the interface name is correct.

IF I go to the znet themselves by going to their fixed IP address. The names are correct (not the names that HS3 has as the interface name). And I have tried changing the name there in each znet's web interface, but that doesn't change the name in HS3. I have included pictures of the web pages in next post.

First, is this a serious problem? Like I said everything has been working fine in terms of my devices and events. Should I delete my interfaces and re-add. What will happen to my devices and events?

Second, if not serious, how can I change the names of the interfaces.
You can change the greyed out items on the configuration page by disabling the interface click on the check mark for each interface. After the changes enable it again by clicking on .

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino
Old May 5th, 2015, 08:47 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rprade View Post
You can change the greyed out items on the configuration page by disabling the interface click on the check mark for each interface. After the changes enable it again by clicking on .
Thank you, that worked!