Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instructions for How To Use Aeon Minimote with Homeseer

Hi all,

I just got an Aeon Minimote and just thought I’d share how I set it up with my Homeseer Zee since it was really hard to find any kind of information other than a few posts on here which were a little off and way too long. Also, keeping things simple, I’ve included screenshots of a simple way to use one button to turn a light on and off with an event, but obviously you can do a lot more!

Step 1
    Make sure you reset all the settings in your remote by holding down the Associate and Learn buttons (v2 Minimote), or the blank button and join buttons (v1 Minimote) for 10+ seconds. You’ll see some sort of LED countdown timer on the remote where the red and blue buttons will flash back and forth faster and faster, then they will both go dark indicating a successful reset.

Step 2
    Make sure you are in normal range of your Z-Wave interface.
    Go to PLUG-INS -> Z-Wave -> Controller Management
    Click on the arrow next to your Z-Wave Interface
    Under actions, select Add/Include a Node, then click the Start button.
    Press the Learn button on your remote (or the Join button on the v1 remote). You should see the LED’s blink on the Minimote while it is communicating with your Z-Wave interface, and the remote added as a new node in the Homeseer log window.

It’s that easy!

Now, you’ll see a new node that looks like this (Button 1 Pressed is the last status):

Clicking on the node, you’ll see this:

To turn a light on and off with a single button:

Attached Files
    Last edited by Android; March 21, 2018, 07:07 PM.

Hi Android,

FWIW: your detailed explanation finally allowed me to use my Minimote with HS3. So thanks a lot!

Comment

Where do you create the events for the Minimote? Is that in the Events section or under the Minimote setup? I cannot get the Minimote to work at all.

Comment

Originally posted by ufd108 View Post
        Where do you create the events for the Minimote? Is that in the Events section or under the Minimote setup? I cannot get the Minimote to work at all.
        All events are created in the Events section.

Cheers
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
          All events are created in the Events section.

Cheers
          Al
          Thank you; it turned out to be a defective Minimote. Button 1 did not work and that was the one I was testing with. Once I tried another button I got it to work, so I was in the right place to begin with.

Is there any documentation for HS3 besides the quick start guide, or do I have to search these forums to learn how to do anything in HomeSeer?

Comment

Thank you; it turned out to be a defective Minimote. Button 1 did not work and that was the one I was testing with. Once I tried another button I got it to work, so I was in the right place to begin with.

Is there any documentation for HS3 besides the quick start guide, or do I have to search these forums to learn how to do anything in HomeSeer?
            These forums are one good source as are the HomeSeer Youtube channel.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

There's on online help file as well.

Cheers
              Al
              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks! This worked only after I got HS3 to talk to it. Navigate to VIEW-> Device Management->Aeon Labs Generic Controller Node 8 Root->Z-WAVE tab. Now hold "Learn" for 3 seconds (until blue LED starts blinking). The device is now awake for 30 sec. Back in HS3, click Rescan. For good measure, repeat the power up sequence for the Minimote and now click "Test Connectivity". Then events started happening.

Comment

Thanks for this

Thank you for this post. I would have never deciphered this from the directions included with the minimote. Now I can use it and see many possibilities for its use. Thanks again

Comment

Thank you for posting this. Too bad Aeon won't spend 10 minutes to make a clear instruction sheet.
                    HS4Pro on Windows 10
                    One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
                    2nd install with 1 Ethernet Z-net
                    300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
                    6 CT-100 tstats
                    Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
                    18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls

Comment

Thanks for these instructions! I was able to set this up today with no difficulties. I find that for my setup, getting the events to trigger based off the status of a device (ie whether it is on or off) is a bit unreliable, so I just made the buttons so that a short press turns the device ON and a long press turns the device OFF.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Very helpful. Here are some helpful links for Minimote, including firmware upgrade v 1.19.

https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support...ers/6000148175

Comment

Originally posted by lodi View Post
                          Thanks for the info. Very helpful. Here are some helpful links for Minimote, including firmware upgrade v 1.19.

https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support...ers/6000148175
                          Thanks. can't seem to find any release notes on the firmware upgrade. Mine are working fine... so hesitant to upgrade. Has anyone upgraded?

Comment

Originally posted by Android View Post
                            Step 1Step 2

To turn a light on and off with a single button:

I can't thank you enough for this incredibly helpful post.
                            Thanks to you, I have two new minimotes working outstandingly well because your screenshots showed me what I should be expecting, and when connecting the first one, that's not what I was getting. So you hugely helped me get to "done" and I've already got a whack of events entered - and with thanks to your samples, some new ones on the way.
                            Gawd I love this sh*t!!!!

Comment

@Android, thanxs for the post as mention earlier it clears up any misgiving of how to set up minimotes. I found out that a simpler EVENT can be setup which excludes the state of the device one ones to control which limits four device actions with "short" depress to turn-on and "long" depress to turn-off the device. Your method allows for the potential of eight devices that uses the same button (by toggling) to turn-on followed by turn-off.

UPDATE: I noticed that lights with dimmer settings and set to something other than ON seem to have a problem unless you look for the previous dimmer setting which makes it difficult to turn the light Off if it was manually turned on. Am I missing something?
                              Last edited by MNB; June 28, 2017, 07:45 PM.
                              Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
                              Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
                              HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Working...
                              X