Nanoleaf Aurora

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nanoleaf Aurora

Has anyone seen or heard of this yet? It is really cool looking.
    https://nanoleaf.me/en/

I have them in my house, I really like them. They're coming out with new connectors and accessories for them too, later this year.

Comment

Awesome. How do you integrate them?

Comment

Currently they only work with the app and apple home kit stuff. An Alexa skill was just released (I haven't played with it yet) and IFTTT integration is in Beta. I haven't really tried to integrate it into HomeSeer yet, but they seem to have a lot of cool features coming!

Comment

Thanks, I think I am going to get some for my birthday (or earlier)... So many projects... Only so much money...

Comment

Anyone interested in writing a plug-in for these? They have their API available now, is that all that is required?

https://nanoleaf.me/en/consumer-led-...eaf-local-api/

Comment

Originally posted by ckellyusa View Post
              Anyone interested in writing a plug-in for these? They have their API available now, is that all that is required?

Comment

Originally posted by ckellyusa View Post

It seems these lights come in two flavors, WIFI and Zigbee. As for Zigbee, I am transforming my plugin to support more brands, as long they follow the ZigBee 3 standards.
                The API that they publish now seems to be cloudbased only, that is something I stay far away from. But if they support 'standard' Zigbee, I can check if it could be incorporated in my JowiHue plugin in the future.

Wim
                -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Ok,

Checked in more details here: https://nanoleaf.me/en/consumer-led-...pecifications/

All smarter series lights of Nanoleaf are supporting Zigbee HA 1.2 and are controllable with the JowiHue plugin in combination with the Raspbee/Conbee (current beta of the plugin).

Except the Aurora, sadly, which only supports wifi and is thus following the cloud protocol.

To bad for the Aurora. But the good news is that the other smart lights are controllable already.

Wim
                  -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Wim, thanks for looking into it.

I agree that that it's not ideal that the Aurora only supports wifi. :/ I'm currently using the HomeSeer IFTTT channel in order to simply turn it on and off as my hallway light for now.

Comment

Has anyone had a play with the Nanoleaf API?

I can get it to retrieve values (state, effect brightness etc) using the GET syntax but I can't seem to control it with "PUT" commands.

I would be keen to know if anyone else has had a play with this API in HS.

Here's my GET script if anyone is interested:

Sub Main (ByVal Parm As Object)

' &hs.runScript("GetNanoleafStatus.vb",False,True)

Dim WebIp As String = "localnaonleafIPaddress:16021"
                      Dim Token As String = "enter your token here"
                      Dim WebAddress As String
                      Dim Result As String
                      Dim NanoleafPowerDevice As Integer = 2079
                      Dim NanoleafTestDevice As Integer = 2082
                      Dim NanoleafEffectDevice As Integer = 2081
                      Dim NanoleafBrightnessDevice As Integer =2083

' GET state, result will be something like {"value":true}

WebAddress = "http://" + WebIp + "/api/v1/" + Token + "/state/on"
                      Result = hs.URLAction(WebAddress, "GET", "", "")
                      hs.writelog ("Nano Test" , Result + " ")
                      If Result.Contains("false") Then
                      hs.SetDeviceValueByRef (NanoleafTestDevice, 0 , True)
                      Else
                      hs.SetDeviceValueByRef (NanoleafTestDevice, 100 , True)
                      End If

' GET brightness , result will be something like {"value":100,"max":100,"min":0}

WebAddress = "http://" + WebIp + "/api/v1/" + Token + "/state/brightness"
                      Result = onlyDigits (Result)
                      hs.SetDeviceValueByRef (NanoleafBrightnessDevice, Result , True)

' GET effect

WebAddress = "http://" + WebIp + "/api/v1/" + Token + "/effects/select"
                      Result = Result.replace ("""", "")
                      hs.SetDeviceString (NanoleafEffectDevice, Result , True)

End Sub

'Function to retrive value from string
                      Function onlyDigits(s As String) As Integer
                      Dim retval As String ' This is the return string. '
                      Dim i As Integer ' Counter for character position. '

' Initialise return string to empty '
                      retval = ""

For i = 1 To Len(s)
                      If Mid(s, i, 1) >= "0" And Mid(s, i, 1) <= "9" Then
                      retval = retval + Mid(s, i, 1)
                      Else If Mid(s, i, 1) = "," Then 'end if a comma
                      Exit For
                      End If
                      Next

' Then return the return string. '
                      onlyDigits = retval
                      End Function
                      Last edited by mminehan; January 11, 2018, 03:30 PM.
                      iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

I got it working.

Turns out that the 'hs.URLaction' has problems with the PUT command. There are several posts about this problem. Here for example:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=178424
                        https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=180358

The solution is to use a stream writer. Check the posts above on how to do this.

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

If anyone wants to have a look at my script that sets on/off, brightness and effect (uses value/status pairs) the script is attached. I'm not the best coder but it works. VB script.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mminehan View Post
                            If anyone wants to have a look at my script that sets on/off, brightness and effect (uses value/status pairs) the script is attached. I'm not the best coder but it works. VB script.
                            Hi!

Can you describe a bit the configuration required. I'm thinking a virtual device and then launching the script when the device changes? How did you configure the device?

Thanks!

Comment

Yep...that's exactly what I did.

You have get a token from the nanoleaf first. I did this using CURL which you can download for Windows. Instructions are in the nano leaf API document (register with nanoleaf as a developer to get this).

Once you have the token set up 3 virtual devices (on/of, brightness and effect). When any one of these virtual devices changes HS runs the script. The effect virtual device needs to have value pairs set up with the exact effect names (scenes) from the app.

Of course this is asymmetric in that if you use the nanoleaf iOS or Android app HS does not change the virtual devices.

I'm not at home but if you get stuck I can send some screenshots.

M

Originally posted by theplant View Post
                              Hi!

Can you describe a bit the configuration required. I'm thinking a virtual device and then launching the script when the device changes? How did you configure the device?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X