Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what now?

Hi all,

So I'm at a stage that the Fibaro has now gone and all the devices are not added in the Homeseer.
    For the most of it, it's working perfectly and again in most cases, much more reliable too.

In terms of devices, I have:
    11 x Fibaro relays/dimmers for lights
    5x tkb plugs with lamps or TVs connected to it
    1x aeotec plug with the humidifier connected to it (shed)
    1x fibaro smoke
    1x fibaro flood
    2x fibaro buttons
    6x Fibaro motion sensors - most linked with events to turn on/off lights
    1x Aeotec motion sensor - linked with events to turn on/off lights
    2x Door sensors - linked with events to turn on/off lights
    1x Fibaro gate relay for carport gates

To add:
    Hue
    Pioneer reciever

I think for the most part, apart from the motion, it's not really "automated". I have a couple of tablets around the house with Imperihome for ease of use but then I have 4 echo dots around the house too so most is done via voice now.

Unless I am going blind, I also do not see any sharing of scripts etc. Are these treated as sacred or is there an area where people share ideas/scripts etc?

Obviously I'm seeing this as a comparison to Fibaro where their forums were plastered with LUA scripts people wrote and used - some to purchase too but I couldnt see much aside from plug-ins here.

In short, what can I do now...can I do something with the Pioneer amp for instance to do "movie mode" or something similar etc

Just need ideas as I've got the bug back now that I seem to be able to do more here

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by aj84 View Post
    Unless I am going blind, I also do not see any sharing of scripts etc. Are these treated as sacred or is there an area where people share ideas/scripts etc?
    Check out the scripts library although scripts aren't as widely needed for HS3.
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=812
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Rupp, I did see these actually.
      So if they're not used as much - what do people use? Just events?

I feel a lot of the more advanced threads keep mentioning scripts/script like langauge which is why I assumed maybe I am missing something here.

Comment

I feel a lot of the more advanced threads keep mentioning scripts/script like langauge which is why I assumed maybe I am missing something here.
        Yes with HS3 and the newer event engine not as many scripts are required. The link I provided has all of the information you should need to get started if you need or want to though.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          Check out the scripts library although scripts aren't as widely needed for HS3.
          Scripts are still fairly common, though, as Rupp notes, they are not as essential as they were in HS2. I think you can have a fairly complete system with events and plug-ins, but I'd be surprised if folks who have been at this for more than a few years don't have tasks where they prefer to use a script.

Scripts and script excerpts tend to be shared within threads that deal with a problem and explore alternative solutions. General purpose scripts are less common, but do appear on the board. Jon00 has several, but he encrypts his scripts to protect his IP. His Welcome page and web site are good resources if you are interested in looking for what he has put together.
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

As others have said the prevalence of scripts is probably less now for both the reason of the fact that HS3 is more powerful in terms of it's event actions and also some people probably have less time/inclination to write something that they may have had a number of years ago.

Scripts as UM says are often in response to a specific issue - if you have a specific piece of hardware or a service you want to connect to then it probably is worth looking at this and if you post someone might take a look at it for you. If not then most of the time with some creative event actions you probably can do what you want natively (your movie mode for example). Just as a benchmark I have 25 scripts and 159 just to give you a picture of how often in my case I need them, some of them could go into HS with some thought or combine them with other scripts but it is at a low enough number for me to keep track of them and what they do.

Be cautious with scripts more than a couple of years old however because some of the commands between HS2 and HS3 are not 100% like for like and scripts might not work and you could scratch your head as to why.

Comment

Working...
            X