Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mounting options

Hi all,

Now that I'm basically done with getting my BetaBrite messages set up, I need to mount a few of them. It looks like they originally had brackets that held them on the side and there are a few slots on the back. In some cases I will hang them on the wall, but other cases I need to find a way to mount them above or below a TV, so I'm looking for some options to attach mounts to the back of the TV that will extend above or below. Has anyone done anything similar? Also, I'm potentially making cases for them to change the look of them, but am concerned that they will get too hot. Has anyone does this? If so, what was your experience with heat? All ideas, picture, etc. are welcome.

Thanks
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
    Hi all,

Now that I'm basically done with getting my BetaBrite messages set up, I need to mount a few of them. It looks like they originally had brackets that held them on the side and there are a few slots on the back. In some cases I will hang them on the wall, but other cases I need to find a way to mount them above or below a TV, so I'm looking for some options to attach mounts to the back of the TV that will extend above or below. Has anyone done anything similar? Also, I'm potentially making cases for them to change the look of them, but am concerned that they will get too hot. Has anyone does this? If so, what was your experience with heat? All ideas, picture, etc. are welcome.

Thanks
    Al
    No experience with the BB mounting, but with the temp controls, you could leave the sides open, put in grills (paint to match), and insert a fan on one end to draw out the heat. Does not take much to keep them cool from what I can tell. If you had a grill above and below and no fan, that would probably be sufficient, but would not look as good.
    huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Thanks, good idea. I can get some thermostat controlled fans that will keep the heat down as needed.

Cheers
      Al
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
      X