Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Event trigger using Keypad Code or manual / keypad Arm or Disarm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AutomatedJim View Post
    Hi Spud,

One request.

Do we need to tie the HS3 users to the alarm users or make it optional so that we can fill in a name tied to the alarm user. Reason for it, my Dad has an alarm code but is not an HS3 user.

So far what I have found is that the new device updates correctly, Armed or Disarmed by <USER>, but if I reference the device in a Pushover using $$DSR:xxx:, it always shows Armed by <USER> regardless of arming or disarming.

Maybe just for the user access device, just show the user's name in the status and possibly another virtual device for the type of action, ie:

Armed Stay
    Armed Night Stay
    Armed Away
    Armed Max
    Disarmed

Other status types of action if available:

Chime On
    Chime Off
    Zone <NAME> Bypassed

Is this a possibility? If so, messages sent by email or Pushover could reference 'Type of Action' device and 'User Access' Device to include all types, ie:

'Zone <NAME> bypassed' by '<USER ACCESS>'
    'Armed Stay' by '<USER ACCESS>'

I can also do a debug for the status, may not be until the weekend.

Thanks,

Jim
    it's not mandatory to tie HS3 users to alarm users, if you don't, the user access device will show the user id instead of a name, i.e "Disarmed by user #4"

if you want to use a username which is not in HS3, simply add it from tools > Setup > Network and gives him "No access" user rights.

You are supposed to see in the partition device the arming mode: "Armed in Stay mode", "Armed in Away mode".., so I don't think an additional device is needed.

Comment

I'm thinking it gives us more flexibility if the last action is separate from the actor

Then we can trigger events based on both... What the action or actor is, and time of the action (vDevice last change time for each.)

Yes?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
        I'm thinking it gives us more flexibility if the last action is separate from the actor

Then we can trigger events based on both... What the action or actor is, and time of the action (vDevice last change time for each.)

Yes?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        I agree. It would allow more flexibility on alerts too.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
          it's not mandatory to tie HS3 users to alarm users, if you don't, the user access device will show the user id instead of a name, i.e "Disarmed by user #4"

if you want to use a username which is not in HS3, simply add it from tools > Setup > Network and gives him "No access" user rights.

You are supposed to see in the partition device the arming mode: "Armed in Stay mode", "Armed in Away mode".., so I don't think an additional device is needed.
          I did setup a user with no access for my Dad to get around it.

The other issue I found is that my events triggers almost immediately but the user access device, depending on the mode the alarm is changing from/to is delayed by 2 - 15 seconds.

I'll post examples next week.

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post

@Spud
            Is separating the Action & User something you can add for us?

Also, would be great to be able to map the User Name to the User Code, inside the plugin instead of using an HS3 user. Keeping it all inside the config of the plugin is cleaner - one place to config everything. And it should make things quicker on 'translating' panel code to user name.

thx

Comment

Working...
            X