OP2 sunset and sunrise off by 1 hour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cowsr4eating View Post
    This is the first time I had issues with the sunrise/sunset times. I read Tom's initial note on this and confirmed I did not have a problem when he initially submitted in 2016. No issues in 2017. Problem started March 2018 when we changed to CDT from CST.

My clock has the horrible time drift others have talked about but I have an event that runs daily to sync my HS3 time with the OP2. I suspected maybe that caused this issue, but the sync occurs at 10:45PM ... should not have affected the real time change to CDT at 2:00AM or even midnight if they chose to update at midnight vs. 2AM.

I just logged into PC Access and my sunrise/sunset times are still correct. I am hopeful that my problem is resolved for now.

All I can see that I did different was upload changed automation code vs. uploading the same code already running. By upload I mean OP2 code in PC Access.
    Had the exact same problem. OP2 has a drift problem, I wouldn't say horrible but a few to several minutes a month - no excuse for it. So I did exactly wheat you did - created a HS event that every night it sych the OP2 clock. After that I suffered the same problem, always off by and hour with sunrise/sunset. I deleted that event and everything is fine. So now every once I a while I just update the clock manually Would like to get the event to work

Comment

Originally posted by lakemirror View Post
      I'll give it a try. You know, I get nervous every time I cold boot the HAI box. I just know that one time, sooner or later, it won't boot. Usually I'm an optimist.

I posted this problem a year ago (I think) on cocoon tech. I think you replied with basically this same advice. I reloaded 3.15 but no joy. I'll try the boot.

Edit: Holy moly, it was exactly a year ago today.
      Had the same 1 hr DST Sunrise/Sunset offset issue here. Cold rebooting the Omni fixed it. You would think they would have fixed the firmware by now!
      <style></style>

Comment

Personally would test how far the time is going off every day. It if is way excessively going off then it is related to the network port / serial port bus issue. This is due to the old issue that the network port is too promiscuous with a bunch of traffic on the network. The band aid fix (as HAI attempted to correct this issue with firmware a while back) the installation of a router between the network interface and the main network.

You can test the time sync issue using a small DOS / Linux Mono program called HAI Logger. It does more than check on the time sync. You can set it for however many seconds off you want. It'll keep checking the time and send an email when it goes out of sync and resets the time. The original purpose of this program was to check on the time and log entries. Only thing is that you have to disable the Omni Program from setting the clock.

I run the program on the HS3 box as it is innocuous.

# HAI Controller Time Sync (yes/no)
        # hai_time_check is interval in minutes to check controller time
        # hai_time_adj is the drift in seconds to allow before an adjustment is made
        hai_time_sync = yes
        hai_time_interval = 60
        hai_time_drift = 10

Way back here the first issue I would see related to the Omnitouch 5.7 screens where the read of the Omnistat would be off or zero. Then after a day or so the time would go off and the network port would be dropping packets. Over time the network port would get disfunctional. The fix at the time was to remove any thing plugged in to the network port. There I would connect PCA to the serial port to see the status.
        Last edited by Pete; March 16, 2018, 10:47 AM.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
        X