Clear All

Thanks!

Comment

done in version 3.0.0.7 and 1.0.0.9

You can find the new packages there:
      HS2: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=160342
      HS3: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=161219

Comment

Thanks again! That was exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

Plugin doesn't close when HS3 is closed

Hi,
          I have noticed that the HSPI_ENVISTALINK.exe file doesn't close out properly, when exit HS3?

Every time I get an update to HS3, I close the program, before I upgrade. Still, part way through the update, HS3 installer will complain about this file is still in use. I will then have to go to task manager, find it, and kill it, before I can continue with the HS3 upgrade.

Is there anyway you can kill this file, when HS3 exits?

Happy Turkey day!

Comment

fixed in version 3.0.0.8

Originally posted by swanie2000 View Post
            Hi,
            I have noticed that the HSPI_ENVISTALINK.exe file doesn't close out properly, when exit HS3?

Every time I get an update to HS3, I close the program, before I upgrade. Still, part way through the update, HS3 installer will complain about this file is still in use. I will then have to go to task manager, find it, and kill it, before I can continue with the HS3 upgrade.

Is there anyway you can kill this file, when HS3 exits?

Happy Turkey day!
            you're right.
            it's fixed in version 3.0.0.8 available here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...91#post1074491

Comment

I am not sure you can do anything about this, but this has happened a few times now.

HS3 will loose connection with your plugin. Maybe from a bad build(update), or even from windows update stopping HS3 and forcing a reboot. Whatever the reason, all my HS3 events that have anything to to with Envistalink, need to be deleted and recreated. The event is still there, and the wording in the event looks perfectly fine, but the event doesn't fire. Then I delete the event and recreate the exact same thing, and it will then work.

I don't think this is your plugin's fault, however, I was wondering if you could include a way to re-sync the plugin with HS3? I am not sure how to explain this, other than re-writing(or re-newing) all the Envistalink settings that HS3 uses?

I use the Insteon plugin also, and even after the same HS3 crash that will kill the Envistalink settings, all the Insteon settings are still there, and still work.

Maybe other people are having this same experience? It is a real PITA to have to go back and re-create all the events that have interaction with the alarm panel.

Comment

In HS3 versions .48 to .52, some functions related to triggers were broken, everything should be fine now in version .53
                So if you upgrade to .53 from a database created with .48, you should not have to recreate your triggers.
                I know it's a pain to recreate all the triggers, unfortunately there is not much I can do, but hopefully it won't happen again.

If you use HS3 as your production system, I would advise to not upgrade as soon as a new version is released, so that it gives me or another plugin developer enough time to detect such problems, report to HST and then they can release a fixed version asap.

Comment

well I have cut the ties.. I have purchased both the HS and Blade plug-ins and couldn't get "exactly" what I desired. So here I be..
                  Owner of two serial ports, now in a box

each of the above does some of these, but neither does all

Would love to see the following:

Zone # being shown in "address" instead of "Home"
                  Devices reflecting Tamper and Lo Battery
                  Support for New Version that supports two way keys
                  Open/Closed reflects user name, IE: Special closing by user 1 "Alarm Away set by Geary"

Thanks

Geary
                  Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
                    Zone # being shown in "address" instead of "Home"
                    Done in version 3.0.0.9. You have to delete all your devices and then restart the plugin for this to appear.

Devices reflecting Tamper and Lo Battery
                    I could add a "Tampered" status for zone devices but I don't think there is any message in the EnvisaLink API that let me know which device has a low battery.

Support for New Version that supports two way keys
                    The doc you sent me says the system assign user code 17 and 18 for wireless keys, so you just have to assign those codes to some users in the new user section of the config page.

Open/Closed reflects user name, IE: Special closing by user 1 "Alarm Away set by Geary"
                    In version 3.0.0.9 I have added the possibility to assign DSC user codes to Homeseer users. So now you can define some triggers to know when a specific user arm or disarm the system:
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	userclosing.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	1171053

Would you like me to add a "User access" device like in the HS plugin to know the name of the user that last armed or disarmed the panel?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                      Done in version 3.0.0.9. You have to delete all your devices and then restart the plugin for this to appear.

I could add a "Tampered" status for zone devices but I don't think there is any message in the EnvisaLink API that let me know which device has a low battery.

The doc you sent me says the system assign user code 17 and 18 for wireless keys, so you just have to assign those codes to some users in the new user section of the config page.

In version 3.0.0.9 I have added the possibility to assign DSC user codes to Homeseer users. So now you can define some triggers to know when a specific user arm or disarm the system:
                      [ATTACH]37821[/ATTACH]

Would you like me to add a "User access" device like in the HS plugin to know the name of the user that last armed or disarmed the panel?
                      as usual you are quick.... .9 not in updater yet
                      I need the system to know that user #1 and user #16 show as geary in the plug in
                      each battery operated device has a lo battery signal.. I will go looking to see where it comes from

Comment

as usual you are quick.... .9 not in updater yet
                        I need the system to know that user #1 and user #16 show as geary in the plug in
                        each battery operated device has a lo battery signal.. I will go looking to see where it comes from
                        .9 is available there: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=161219

Do you mean you want to be able to assign several DSC user id to the same HS user?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                          .9 is available there: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=161219

Do you mean you want to be able to assign several DSC user id to the same HS user?
                          yes

Comment

here is tamper
                            Attached Files

Comment

here is open/close
                              Device should show " Closed by Geary"
                              HS and Blade had a table in Setup to show user vs userid
                              DSC user # 1 = Geary ( needs to be user 1 or 16 = )
                              Attached Files

Comment

lo bat tamper at zone
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X