Moving zwave devices from Vera to HS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving zwave devices from Vera to HS

I am in the process of migrating from Vera to HS3. Would it be possible to just include my zwave devices into HS without excluding them from Vera first ? Its a lot of devices and a lot of work, so I thought it might be possible without first excluding...

What you can do is exclude them from HS before including them.

Each node is associated with a controller.
    By sending the exclude command from HS clears the association in each node.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok so I still have to exclude them, but I can do it from HS. Thinking about what I want to do, keep |Vera and slowly move device after device over to HS and in the meantime keep both running, I'll probably still have to exclude from Vera, otherwise Vera will still see it and also HS or will excluding from HS then including to HS automatically remove them from Vera ?

Comment

I just excluded in HS then when I went to Vera I deleted the devices rather than exclude them.

Comment

You should be able to set them up as primary/secondary and control devices from both.

Comment

Originally posted by mhn View Post
            You should be able to set them up as primary/secondary and control devices from both.
            So how would I do that ? Just leave them on Vera and just also include into HS3 ? Being able to control from both would be ideal for the transitional period

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
              So how would I do that ? Just leave them on Vera and just also include into HS3 ? Being able to control from both would be ideal for the transitional period
              Start here :- http://www.vesternet.com/resources/t...-wave-networks

Eman.
              TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Primary and Secondary controllers have to be of the same z-wave network.
                In other words Vera and HomeSeer are refered to as static controllers residing on different networks.

Also read this :- http://diy.stackexchange.com/questio...-z-wave-device

Eman.

Comment

At first you add the HS stick to Veras net. But later you want to transfere primary. So be sure Vera will transfere primary not all controllers will.

Regards
                  Morten

P.s I'm a bit to late. :-)

Comment

I would recommend against primary and secondary. I initially tried that and vera is a mess in that situation. I wanted to do the same thing, move stuff over to HS well keeping everything in the house working as you did the move.

Honestly, there is no easy way around what you want to do. But the work and effort is totally worth it to get rid of that vera and move to HS.

Best bet, get a 6 pack, pick an evening and just start doing the work of removing from one and adding to the other. I had about 60 devices at the time I did it, and it did take a while, plus you have the learning cover of logic differences between the two systems when you start to program your automation.

Best bet, do it one room at a time, this allows you to keep vera up on things, as you move things to HS. Keep them separated.

Comment

Originally posted by mhn View Post
                      At first you add the HS stick to Veras net. But later you want to transfere primary. So be sure Vera will transfere primary not all controllers will.

Regards
                      Morten

P.s I'm a bit to late. :-)
                      The posibility of what you say may be workable the other way arround because Vera has all the devices, then set Vera in include mode then in HomeSeer Z-wave settings use "Manage Z-Wave Controller" / "Replicate Receive" on HomeSeer and see what happens.

Eman.

Comment

What type of Zwave controller do you have on the Vera? Is it a USB stick or inbuilt? If it's a stick it may plug straight in and work on HS3. You would have to import the nodes from it to create the devices.

Also HS3 supports backup and restore from some 3rd party z-wave controllers so you may be able to transfer to a new HS Z-stick+ or Z-Net.
                        cheeryfool

Comment

I just went cold turkey with like 60+ devices when I switched over. Which ZWave stick do you have? With Aeon's Gen5 stick, excluding/including devices was an absolute breeze (since it has a builtin battery). It was SIGNIFICANTLY faster than excluding/including them in VeraPlus. It takes like 2 seconds to exclude, and 2 seconds to include. Just carry a piece of paper with you and note down the devices (i.e floor, room, name) in the exact order you add them, so later you can easily rename them in HomeSeer.

Comment

I excluded all from Vera and added to HS. You can carry an iPad with you to each device to easily exclude and include. It's a breeze.

Comment

Originally posted by BeenHeavyinFlorida View Post
                              I excluded all from Vera and added to HS. You can carry an iPad with you to each device to easily exclude and include. It's a breeze.

What app did you use ? HS Touch ? I do have a iPad but its 2nd Gen, so I'd rather try with one of my more current Samsung ones, but if needed I can try with the iPad

Comment

Working...
                              X