Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using V3 API, what's expected for switches that control lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using V3 API, what's expected for switches that control lights?

Woo hoo on the smart home new skill going live! I installed it and I think I removed the V2. I like the new switch icons.

I edited my Master Bedroom group as a test and added the newly discovered switch objects. This group has an Echo Dot associated to it.

"Alexa, turn on the lights" results in "I can't find lights."

"Alexa, turn on the Master Bedroom" results in all of the HS-WS100+ switches in the group being turned on. Ok, that's a good start.

When editing the newly discovered devices within the Alexa app I see they are set as type "Switch."

Click image for larger version

Name:	NewDevice.png
Views:	1
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	1211970

The old representation (or whatever this object is) shows "Light."

Name:	OldDevice.png
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	1211971

Is there a way to specify certain switches as lights so they're included in the natural language commands without specifying the group name? The switches in that room are a mix of switched outlets and ceiling lights as seen below.

Name:	DeviceMix.png
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	1211969

Check the latest HomeSeer beta. It has a "is light" option you can select for a device.

Comment

Originally posted by AllanMar View Post
      Check the latest HomeSeer beta. It has a "is light" option you can select for a device.

Oh nice. I'm already on beta 402 so I'll give that a look. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by scorp508 View Post
        Oh nice. I'm already on beta 402 so I'll give that a look. Thanks!

Bingo bango that did it! Thank you. Now to see if there is a way to set default dimmer values. When our kitchen dimmers are 100% we need sunglasses.

I also still have these dupe devices with the house icons. Not sure what those are representing.

Comment

Working...
        X