Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeSeer SmartHome Skill (Alexa Version 3 API)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks !

got it on alexa. And it works Sorry for the french accent lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHL0g43Ztg8
    Last edited by ; February 2, 2018, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Summerguy View Post
      Thanks !

got it on alexa. And it works Sorry for the french accent lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHL0g43Ztg8
      Darn it... i spoke too soon after seeing this. now i want to be able to control color too!

@rprade, does color work for you via voice as well?

can you guys check your settings one more time? I've gone through and sure every child device (including power readings) have "is light" and "voice command" checked.

shows up in the app, and when I tell Alexa to change the color, she says "OK". But it doesn't work from the app or with voice.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
        Darn it... i spoke too soon after seeing this. now i want to be able to control color too!

@rprade, does color work for you via voice as well?

can you guys check your settings one more time? I've gone through and sure every child device (including power readings) have "is light" and "voice command" checked.

shows up in the app, and when I tell Alexa to change the color, she says "OK". But it doesn't work from the app or with voice.
        BTW I have aeon bulbs rgb and they are discovered and set color is included in the Alexa app, but I can not control the color by voice, nor from within the Alexa app. Not a big deal for me - just pointing it out.

Comment

1.Make sure you turn all the child device to off like in the picture ( 1st pic)

ex: If the cool or warm channel are on. It wont Work. alexa control the rgb code ( in my case : custum rgb desk). And The luminance level ( in my case: living room desk).

2.The device wich the voice command box name ( below device name) needs to be formatted is the parent device (aeon labs switch multilevel in my case) ( 2nd pic).

3.The parent and child device need to have the ''is light '' and the ''voice command'' cheked in the list ( like in the 2nd picture)

----

4. remove your old rgb device in alexa.
          5. Scan for new devices ( it will find the parent device of your node) ( in my case : aeon switch multilevel , wich i named/overwritten with ''living room desk'' in the voice command box)
          Last edited by ; March 22, 2018, 08:30 PM.

Comment

That did it thanks.

Make sure you turn all the child device to off like in the picture ( 1st pic)

The device wich the voice command box name need to be formated is the parent device ( 2nd pic)

Comment

haha

Comment

Originally posted by wkomorow View Post
                That did it thanks.
                Good glad to hear that

Comment

thanks... tried that, and it's definitely trying. it's pretty confused with colors, dimming, etc. it never gets the color right... but if i try to dim, it might jump to a random color.

one Caveat is that the RGB strip i have does not have White... so that might be part of it. the other is that the Fibaro child devices are a bit more extensive.... has always been a bit confusing.

this is what it looks like.

EDIT: after 2 hours of combinations... I GO THIS TO WORK!!!!!! Ironically, a bit different from @summerguy

You need three things selected with "is light" and "voice command".

The parent device (for me, SailboatParentDevice). this is also where you give the device a name that will show up in the alexa app. in my case i just called it "Sailboat"

The Custom RGB device

The main RGB dimmer (Mine below is called "Sailboat Main RGB")

of course make sure you delete anything already in Alexa... then rediscover. Only one device will show up... it should be the parent device, named whatever you called it.

Test colors and dimming within the alexa app. if it works there, it will work with Voice.

Super cool!
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Tomgru; February 3, 2018, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Beta build 409

Is anyone having trouble getting scenes to be discovered at the moment? I created a new event, gave it a voice command, enabled it.... but discovering scenes in the Alexa app does not find it.

Comment

Originally posted by scorp508 View Post
                      Beta build 409

Is anyone having trouble getting scenes to be discovered at the moment? I created a new event, gave it a voice command, enabled it.... but discovering scenes in the Alexa app does not find it.
                      This is what it looks like in my hs3 events
                      Last edited by ; March 22, 2018, 08:30 PM.

Comment

This is what it looks like in my hs3 events

Thanks summer! It was the "include as voice command" I was missing. All good for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

1.Make sure you turn all the child device to off like in the picture ( 1st pic)

ex: If the cool or warm channel are on. It wont Work. alexa control the rgb code ( in my case : custum rgb desk). And The luminance level ( in my case: living room desk).

2.The device wich the voice command box name ( below device name) needs to be formatted is the parent device (aeon labs switch multilevel in my case) ( 2nd pic).

3.The parent and child device need to have the ''is light '' and the ''voice command'' cheked in the list ( like in the 2nd picture)

----

4. remove your old rgb device in alexa.
                          5. Scan for new devices ( it will find the parent device of your node) ( in my case : aeon switch multilevel , wich i named/overwritten with ''living room desk'' in the voice command box)

The only downside is Alexa does not include the two white channels in the available choices...

Maybe Homeseer can do something for this ?>>

Edit : found a workaround see pictures:

edit: alexa says : dont know how to set living room desk to that setting . ( it surely confuse her )

EDIT 2: I discovered you can say : living room desk blue ( instead of ''set living room desk to blue).

So i changed my routine '' set living room desk to warm'' to living room desk warm''

and it all works !!

BUT would really like theses thing already incorporated in hs3 code. Cuz if i say fir ex: alexa set living room to warm, it wont work...
                          Last edited by ; March 22, 2018, 08:29 PM.

Comment

The only downside is Alexa does not include the two white channels in the available choices...

Maybe Homeseer can do something for this ?
                            for me it didn't matter, as the RGB strips i'm using don't have white channels... and use the RGB colors to approximate.

Comment

for me it didn't matter, as the RGB strips i'm using don't have white channels... and use the RGB colors to approximate.
                              found a workaround... and i guess you can add more colors with my workaround if you want.

Comment

Really need to take English dictation courses LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmN1...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Working...
                                X