www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > HS3 / HS3PRO > HS3 / HS3PRO Discussion

HS3 / HS3PRO Discussion Discussions related to the released version of HS3/HS3PRO

Old April 18th, 2018, 08:26 PM
Viewer

Delayed events-how to delete en masse

I recently created a new event which executed another event after a delay.

Unfortunately I had a flaw in my triggering logic which resulted in several hundred delayed events being created before I figured it out.

Now I am unable to expand the Delayed Events group to display or delete all of those events. I know they exist, as when I am editing or creating other events I have them all available as a choice.

So my question is how can I delete all of these delayed events if I can't see/access them.

running HS3 .368 for Linux

Last edited by cloudmon; April 18th, 2018 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Adding system info
Old April 18th, 2018, 09:26 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudmon View Post
I recently created a new event which executed another event after a delay.

Unfortunately I had a flaw in my triggering logic which resulted in several hundred delayed events being created before I figured it out.

Now I am unable to expand the Delayed Events group to display or delete all of those events. I know they exist, as when I am editing or creating other events I have them all available as a choice.

So my question is how can I delete all of these delayed events if I can't see/access them.

running HS3 .368 for Linux
If you cannot expand the group, you cannot delete them. If you can expand the group, just delete the group.

All of the events will have a specific time trigger, most of which will be within 24 hours. If you let your system run, they should self delete after they run and most, if not all of them will be gone tomorrow at this time.

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino
Old April 18th, 2018, 09:47 PM
Viewer

I should have been more complete in my post. The delayed events were created some weeks ago, and will not ever run, due to the errors in my logic.

It appears I have about 1200 of these delayed events.

Last edited by cloudmon; April 18th, 2018 at 10:30 PM. Reason: add a screenshot
Old May 21st, 2018, 08:45 AM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudmon View Post
I should have been more complete in my post. The delayed events were created some weeks ago, and will not ever run, due to the errors in my logic.

It appears I have about 1200 of these delayed events.
Not sure if you figured this out or not but I just had the same thing happen. I had over 500 delayed events because of some faulty logic. When I tried to expand the Delayed Events it would take a very long time to expand but it eventually did. If your still having this issue try expanding the group again and waiting a good long while to see if it finally expands.

I have actually gone away from using delayed events at this point. I have found them very prone to error. My problem got caused as I was converting all my motion activated lighting events from delayed actions to "Has been no motion for at least". It's only been a few days now but everything seems much more stable so far.
Old May 21st, 2018, 09:22 PM
Super Seer

If they all have the same name then it should work to just cancel the delayed event(s) from a manual event. If not, then you could write a script to delete them.
Old May 21st, 2018, 09:50 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdickhaus View Post
If they all have the same name then it should work to just cancel the delayed event(s) from a manual event. If not, then you could write a script to delete them.
Two events cannot have the same name. Delayed action and delayed event names are appended with a “-x” where x is an incrementing number. However, a manual event to delete a delayed event should disregard the numbering.