Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well yes and no as I am asking a question about the digital IO device which is what Electron is using which will lead to another thread and personally here can automate my vehicle today.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
      Well yes and no as I am asking a question about the digital IO device which is what Electron is using which will lead to another thread and personally here can automate my vehicle today.
      Hi Pete,
      What car do you have? And I did not quite understand exactly if you already can automate everything (if so, what interface are you using?) or if you would like to automate things (in that case, how do you know what things in your car would actually be possible to control) ?

Sure we can start a new thread for the I/O interface and its uses. If you do, please post the URL here, so that I (and other interested in it) can follow there.

Thanks!

Comment

Thank you electron73.

What car do you have?

Play with BMW.

I am currently using a video module and a television that connects to the bus and sits between the navigation module and radio module which I purchased in Germany. I have another device that I connect to the bus and used software to sniff the bus as most of the functions have been documented.

I only run media software on the computer though and have learned to send out and receive stuff on the bus. (open windows, turn on lights, talk to the GSM module, et al).

I have really only seen interest in media stuff and performance upgrades on the automobile forums and car club.

If you do, please post the URL here, so that I (and other interested in it) can follow there.

Will do.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by electron73 View Post
          Someone just pointed this thread out to me for the HSTouch designs. I realize this is now for "Legacy" versions of HStouch but it looks like it's still the go-to thread for the designs, so I'll share my design here as well
          electron73, in your initial post of graphics, pic number three shows "Select Device" on the left and "Breakfast Nook" (as if it's selected) on the right. If you select one of the left items, does the right change as expected so you're controlling that device?

If so, how did you do that?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by gregoryx View Post
            electron73, in your initial post of graphics, pic number three shows "Select Device" on the left and "Breakfast Nook" (as if it's selected) on the right. If you select one of the left items, does the right change as expected so you're controlling that device?

If so, how did you do that?

Thanks!
            Yes that is correct. Picture 2 shows what happens when you tap the status light "Kitchen", Picture 3 shows when you then tap the breakfast nook (dimmer) device (controls pop up on the far right), Picture 4 shows what happens when you then tap the LED Rope (switch) device. So once the device selector on the left is open, you can tap any device on it and the appropriate control will show on the far right so you can control that device, then select the next one and so on...

I did that with a bit of an undocumented trick. That's why the whole project does NOT work on Android or Windows. Each version of the HS3Touch client has its own serious bugs and they all behave differently. My intended behavior with the selectors and control only works on iOS and it's closest to what I expected to happen when I designed it in the designer.

What you do is this: You have the dimmer control screen and the on/off control screen, both of them have the list of supported devices listed (just like in the sample project that ships with HS3Touch Designer. When you design your whole project for landscape and have one "screen" that controls dimming devices and you use a device selector and a dimmer is selected, that screen shows up (so far all standard). When you then create a new screen, make it PORTRAIT (even though the project is landscape) and now you define just a subgroup of devices in that screen and you call that screen from the main screen in your project, a device selector will show up, giving you only the devices provided in that "fake screen" to choose from but when you actually click one, the "fake screen" does not show up, instead the HS3Touch client skips to the next one that supports the device, in that case the dimming device controls...

So you have a MAIN screen with say for example one button Living Room Dimmers and one button Bedroom Dimmers.
            You then create two fake screens with the wrong orientation and call one Livingroom and the other Bedroom. In the Livingroom screen under "supported devices" you enter Livingroom_Dimmer and in the other Bedroom_Dimmer. In the actual control screen with the slider, you put both, Livingroom_Dimmer and Bedroom_Dimmer.

Then in HS3 itself you go to all your living room dimmers and in the advances settings under device type enter Livingroom_Dimmer and for all bedroom dimmers same deal, enter Bedroom_Dimmer there.

Now on the main screen you call the fake Livingroom screen from one button and the fake Bedroom screen from the other. When you then touch the Livingroom button, a device selector will pop up, giving you only the livingroom devices, tap one and the actual control screen with the slider will show up, since it is the "next best" match for the device type "Livingroom_Dimmer".

Hope this makes sense

Comment

Yes that is correct. Picture 2 shows what happens when you tap the status light "Kitchen", Picture 3 shows when you then tap the breakfast nook (dimmer) device (controls pop up on the far right), Picture 4 shows

Hope this makes sense
              Wow. Amazing hack work. Since my clients are all Android, I guess I'm out of luck. :-(

But it makes me think it's worth playing with similar features to see if something accidentally works, I guess.

Thanks!

Comment

SONOS HSTouch Template

Does anyone have a template for controlling a SONOS device that they use for HSTouch that they would be willing to share?

Comment

Here's a single-screen project that runs on an OpenPeak Joggler (XPe). This is on my desk at work and allows me to keep an eye on the important things at home. I get TTS notifications such as driveway detectors, outdoor motion and reminders. The large buttons are for control, the smaller icons are status-only. I do have a couple of additional items to add, but I want to keep it as simple as possible.
                  Attached Files
                  HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                  54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                  Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                    Here's a single-screen project that runs on an OpenPeak Joggler (XPe). This is on my desk at work and allows me to keep an eye on the important things at home. I get TTS notifications such as driveway detectors, outdoor motion and reminders. The large buttons are for control, the smaller icons are status-only. I do have a couple of additional items to add, but I want to keep it as simple as possible.
                    Nice and simple...very nice.

Comment

I like simple. At work? Man I remember when I would have to go into the office and if I had something like that on my desk, I know the people around me would start pressing things to have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
                        I like simple. At work? Man I remember when I would have to go into the office and if I had something like that on my desk, I know the people around me would start pressing things to have fun.
                        Ha!
                        Yeah, I'm lucky enough to be in a small satellite office building with a handful of others. I might write an event to turn the screen off at 5p though

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                          Looks nice n clean! How did you connect washer and dryer? Current sensing outlets? Or do they have wifi connection? I can't do current sensing that easily because I have an electric dryer with 240V plug

Comment

Looks nice n clean! How did you connect washer and dryer? Current sensing outlets? Or do they have wifi connection? I can't do current sensing that easily because I have an electric dryer with 240V plug

I am actually doing this as we speak. I bought a 120 current sensing aeotec smart switch for the washer. I had a whole house 220v aeotec sensor that I couldn't use on my electric panel, but it fit perfectly on the wires inside my dryer.

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
                              I am actually doing this as we speak. I bought a 120 current sensing aeotec smart switch for the washer. I had a whole house 220v aeotec sensor that I couldn't use on my electric panel, but it fit perfectly on the wires inside my dryer.
                              Ah OK! That make sense and should work. I have two of the aeotec "whole home meters" as well, hooked to the main and sub breaker panels. Downside (for me) is, that they have been terribly unreliable from the start, so I don't even use the readouts for anything right now. One constantly keeps dropping out and needs to be rebooted and the other one only reports when it wants. In general I found that everything aeotec I have, doesn't really work and can more be considered alpha testing or "toys" rather than serious, professional equipment that I would rely on

Comment

I got one of the HEM modules when Amazon was selling them for like $20. That covers the dryer. The washer runs on a Smart Energy switch.

I have TTS notifications when the dryer is done. That is easy enough. The washer is a little more difficult since it turns off/on multiple times per 'cycle' - I havent done TTS on it just yet - just updating a virtual device for now.

Comment

Working...
                                X