HS-WA100+ Wiring help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS-WA100+ Wiring help

I have wired many of these in my home however for some reason I cannot get this one to work correctly.
    Here is a shot of the box.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
    Attached Files

You appear to be in the middle run of a 4 way switch, or you have two 3 way switches in the same 2 gang box.

regardless you're going to need to figure out where those wires are heading.

I typically use a non contact voltage tester for this. Start by figuring out which of those wires are the hot.

Remove the switch from the beginning of the circuit and connect a hot wire from the box pictured to one of the 2 reds. See if the red in the beginning box is now hot. If not check the other red. This will let you know which red to use to connect both switches.

If you're still stuck let us know what has you stumped, is this a 4 way, two 3 ways? can you not control the load from the main switch? Is the accessory not controlling the main? etc...
    HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
    Number of Devices: 1005
    Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

HS-WA100+ Wiring help

It is a three way.

The switch on the right (shown in picture as top) controls an outlet.

This box is located in the dining room with the controlling dimmer located in the kitchen.

The cable that includes the red wire comes from the kitchen (red, white, black and ground) the other cable (black, white and ground) goes to the pot lights.

Does this extra info help? I cannot seem to get this one working.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Found the issue, Homeseer dimmer switch was defective

Comment

Working...
        X