Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeSeer is now available under Home Control in the Google Home App!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to add a different experience, I too reside in Canada, but I have not experienced any of the issues mentioned above. There was one occasion where Home was acknowledging my commands but no actions took place. A member suggested a Google Home reset and that resolved the issue.

Comment

We made some changes on the server, so if you did not see any devices, link again and see if they show up now.
      πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The problem that I have had before is the lights would show up on the Google home app but would not work when I talked to Google home. The solution was the naming convention. The word "light" had to be in the name. One way to check this is to say "let there be light". This should turn on every device. If you say "turn on all the lights". Only the devices that have the word "light" in it will turn on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DonMor View Post
          Rich,

It work with Alexa, is this issue can be because i'm in Canada? Is anyone in Canada have Google Home work with HS3?
          I have 4 Google Home and they work with HS3 without issues. I am in Canada, and use the French Canadian version of Google Home.

I have 7 virtual devices to trigger events and 24 Z-Wave devices all linked via MyHS, and 15 LIFX Bulbs linked via LIFX.

Everything works as it should, as long has each device has a unique name.

Are you sure only the devices you want to control have the Voice Command option activated in HS3?

Michel
          Last edited by mike_1103; October 3, 2017, 07:20 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

As igorski88 mentioned, I added the word light into the devices which were not shutting off with turn all lights off (or) on command, relinked, and now they work.

Comment

Trying to integrate HS with Google Home. As with others, I get 'service linked', but no devices listed in Google Home. Using an Android 6.0.

I've tried with a different device being voice enabled each time (all Insteon switches), still no devices listed.

I have of course selected:
              • Enable Server for Remote Access
              • Log Remote Logins
              • Enable remote access through MyHS service

Even if I am able to start a MyHS session on the Android's browser and succeed in connecting to my HS3 system (3.0.0.357), I don't see any log entries for that remote login, nor any entries requesting device lists.

I have 'Launch Speaker Client on Startup' disabled, but I assume this is not related to voice enabling a device.

So, with no logging to look at, how do I debug this issue?

Next step is a network trace, but there's got to be a simpler way.
              Last edited by claude; October 9, 2017, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Send an email to support@homeseer.com and include the email address you use for MyHS. You will want to make sure you have enabled tech support access on MyHS with the Manage Account button. We will connect to your system and see why your devices are not loading.

Originally posted by claude View Post
                Trying to integrate HS with Google Home. As with others, I get 'service linked', but no devices listed in Google Home. Using an Android 6.0.

I've tried with a different device being voice enabled each time (all Insteon switches), still no devices listed.

• Log Remote Logins

Even if I am able to start a MyHS session on the Android's browser and succeed in connecting to my HS3 system (3.0.0.357), I don't see any log entries for that remote login, nor any entries requesting device lists.

I have 'Launch Speaker Client on Startup' disabled, but I assume this is not related to voice enabling a device.

Last edited by matt; October 30, 2017, 01:36 PM.
                πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

• Log Remote Logins

I had a similar issue. Select all devices, turn voice control off on all devices. Then turn it on one at a time, or in multiples (link Homeseer Account each time), until you find the device which causes the trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by JoelWener View Post
                    I had a similar issue. Select all devices, turn voice control off on all devices. Then turn it on one at a time, or in multiples (link Homeseer Account each time), until you find the device which causes the trouble.
                    That's what I meant when I said "I've tried with a different device being voice enabled each time".

I disabled 'voice enable' from ALL devices, then enabled one device at a time and did "link Homeseer Account" each time. If that didn't work, I unchecked 'voice enable' from the previous device and enabled the next device + "link Homeseer Account". I did this for 3-4 devices, still no go.

I don't mind doing the work to make things go. But I also think HS could help out by giving some indication of what went wrong in the process, as a log entry.

Comment

Please just send a message to support@homeseer.com and include your MyHS login. We can then connect to your system and figure out which device is causing an issue.

That's what I meant when I said "I've tried with a different device being voice enabled each time".

I disabled 'voice enable' from ALL devices, then enabled one device at a time and did "link Homeseer Account" each time. If that didn't work, I unchecked 'voice enable' from the previous device and enabled the next device + "link Homeseer Account". I did this for 3-4 devices, still no go.

I don't mind doing the work to make things go. But I also think HS could help out by giving some indication of what went wrong in the process, as a log entry.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                        Please just send a message to support@homeseer.com and include your MyHS login. We can then connect to your system and figure out which device is causing an issue.
                        Did so Monday evening, thanks.

Comment

For those who have had an issue similar to mine, HS has put a fix in that, for me, resolved the issue. You may want to give it another try.

Comment

Multi User?

Is there any information regarding the issue with multiple users? There is another thread, but it hasn't had much attention. We have 2 phones with Google Assistant and when I link the 2nd one the first one stops working and vice versa. Any suggestions?
                            Thanks
                            -Don

Comment

I will check on this.

Originally posted by alwysrit2 View Post
                              Is there any information regarding the issue with multiple users? There is another thread, but it hasn't had much attention. We have 2 phones with Google Assistant and when I link the 2nd one the first one stops working and vice versa. Any suggestions?
                              Thanks
                              -Don

Comment

You can only link one HS user at a time. However, if you have the MyHS premium account you can add more users, then you can use a different user on each phone and do what you want.

Originally posted by alwysrit2 View Post
                                Thanks
                                -Don

Comment

Working...
                                X